Are your friends mostly male, female, or both? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Are your friends mostly male, female, or both?

Are your friends mostly your gender, the opposite, or both?

• Opposite Gender Mostly

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Same Gender Mostly

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • Equally

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Other/Depends

Votes: 7 12.7%

• Total voters
I suck at the whole friendship concept.

So... I basically don't have any friends.

(Ok, maybe one. But it's too early to tell if she's a true friend. My criteria for that are... possibly unrealistic, but the one that's relevant here: I didn't even know who she was a year ago. True friendship takes time.)

:( ... I'm your friend...!^^ But I know what you mean. This conversation reminds me so much of my college years, when I didn't have any friends either except on the phone... :< But if you have one friend no matter what, that makes all the difference.^^

Mostly male - women in general seem to have different interests - and especially seem to attach different emotional significance to things than most males.

Definitely male. I think, for me, it boils down to me having more patience with them, being less easily offended by them, feeling more respected, less controlled, more sought out... I don't know... everything about their mannerisms is less threatening to me, and easier for me to interact with. I feel less judged, and more accepted, no matter what comes out of my mouth, and they are always up for a laugh, and a bit of fun. :D

Most of my friends are female but my two closest friends are male.

My closest friends are female but with my SO, that makes it one male friend. I've always wanted more male friends but I think I was bit too soft or girly for most of them. :D I guess if I was more tomboy it would've worked better. I had male friends in the past but the friendships didn't last long. Very dissimilar interests as well. I really say I ever connected with any of them on personal level. They were pretty interesting guys though. Learned a few things from the brief periods of friendship.

females, because i like females
and i'm kinda feely right now so that usually works out
and i feel more comfortable opening up to females

Maybe one in three of my friends are female, or 1.25 in 3. It fits with FCCs demographic as there are more male students then female.

Everybody has always described me as boyish, masculine, unfeminine, unladylike etc (I'm female, by the way)

But all of my friends are women. I don't really have any male friends. I like them, just always seems to work out this way. I think the things I look for in a friend are generally traits more commonly found in females. But also, I think I just tend to see men as sex objects sometimes. I know you're not, but ... you know ... you've got penises and things and I can't just go looking at your face without thinking about the penis. How can I be your friend if I just keep thinking about your penis?

I'm not even joking! (Well...exaggerating a little maybe...)

I'm a guy and my friends are mostly male. Guy friends demand less words, but seem more tolerant overall and willing to call you on BS. Although, I do value female friends mainly for conversation, it keeps me out of trouble to not have female friends, because of what justeccentricnotinsane, I usually see the opposite sex for their female parts.

Different sex. About 80-90% of my friends are female. But most commonly with the same attraction to one gender (males.) even if some are bisexual.

I'm still learning how to make friends with fellow males. :)

Most of my friends are lady-people. I just love how we can spend six hours talking and resolve nothing (not that there's anything to be resolved per-se). Gender is such a silly concept anyway, I mean I don't exist in defiance of it, but I can't imagine paying too much credence to the binary. I do have male friends, but my tolerance for aggression, showmanship, alpha male behaviour is very (very) low. I basically do my best to cut into men who who like to play King Kong. My male friends (what four I have) are relaxed, sarcastic, intelligent-nerdy and mildly socially awkward.

I will say this though, men (particularly straight men) are the most fascinating creatures on earth. I love listening to their perspectives and how they understand social situations. I also just enjoy watching how straight males interact with one another. The resentment, the competition, the constant desire to one up each other, the dominance game, the weird sense of solidarity and brotherhood- hilarious. I love watching bromances.

I'm like a weird anthropologist.

Reactions: hush
About 50/50. I get along pretty well with everyone but I still like to keep my distance. So I guess they know me but at the same time...they don't.

Edit: Online friends, more chicks that guys. They're pretty cool. :3

Well obviously by friend I mean someone closer than an aquaintence, so it would be mostly other women. Trying to have a male friend is harder because it's constantly interrupted by sexual thoughts.

About 50/50. My husband and I tend to have friends in balanced couple form =)

I will say this though, men (particularly straight men) are the most fascinating creatures on earth. I love listening to their perspectives and how they understand social situations. I also just enjoy watching how straight males interact with one another. The resentment, the competition, the constant desire to one up each other, the dominance game, the weird sense of solidarity and brotherhood- hilarious. I love watching bromances.

Yeah, bromances are pretty cool. I have about 50/50 with my friends but sometimes the ladies in my life are no fun. No risks or anything physically interesting. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy talking but I wanna get out and do stuff though too.

I don't like trying to compete with manliness though. So overrated.

I guess that's why I like being alone so much. :m092:

IRL, mostly female or gay males (or INFJ males, which is like halfway to gay anyway)... like 70%. Long-term online friendships are almost all straight males.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mostly men. I just get along with them better. My extrovert side/random thoughts will seep out like a plague. I've been stabbed in the back by too many female friends :( I have a hard time opening up to women. It actually feels harder for me to approach them than a man. So when I do, I'm really putting in an effort, even if it may not seem like it. I cherish all my friendships, whether female or male. They all bring something different to the table, and I love that about them.