What is your Gender?

ESC2367

Community Member
Jul 30, 2021
MBTI
INFJ-T
Enneagram
4w5
Really, everyone doesn't actively think about this question.

When asked this question most will think of their privates as they're ingrained into our identity. That is our sex. Our sex is our biological structure. Every human being alive started with a vagina. Then it became dependent on various foods your mother ate. Why do you think so many people suggest not to drink alcohol while pregnant? It's based on the fact that what ever the mother injests the child does as well.

So when the mother eats more protien rich foods the child's testosterone production increases. This by no means mean that the child will instantly be born a male.

However it also includes the mothers stress levels; the more stressful a person is their hormones are effected causing various dopamine recepters take over. This too influences their child's development in the womb.

Someone sex is determined by what private they were born with... but then what about the rare cases of when they're born with both?

Most of the result on how it's dealt is due to the doctor's practice and personal bias. Some will let both develop, while others will look at the two and decide (for them selves) which one would be working properly, while others will let the parents decide.

I was born intersex, the doctor kept this fact away from any who were not part of my birth... hell it was recorded on VHS where the doctor was reluctant to say "It's a boy."

There are those who are born with no reproductive organs. (this is very rare, but still plausible... and was what lead to this article.)

Gender is your expression of what society percieves you to be and most importantly how you see your self when asked "What is your Gender?"

I see my self as a woman. This occured to me at a later age than most as my developmental process was a bit weird... I won't get into that...

A lot of times folk look for signs... (adam's apple or not, shoulder length, boobs or not... bulge or not... etc.)

Anyone can be a great makeup artist and put on an illusion of being more feminine... Which is fine, i love feminine men. They tend to be more kind in this regard.

However, no one other than you can determine your gender. Because it is how you feel. I tend to grew up with friends who are boys, and also am fairly tomboyish... i rarely wear make up... I really am not like other girls... lol.

I mean being around so many men surely i would see my self as a man, right?

No, it's more of a feeling that is deep inside of you; often repressed by those who feel the need to discredit the very nature.

A history lesson. :D

Native Americans called those of us Twin Spirits, which were also highly ranked in their values and were often healers.

Because of Patriarchal demand, women had to hide the fact they're women... by acting like a man (Joan of Arc) or by writing like a man, (Fanny Mendelssohn.)

Same goes for the hiding of homosexuality, (Tchaikovsky, Sorabji.)

But there is one person who changed music sooooo much and with out her, the music you listen to today would not exist... Wendy Carlos.

So really this has been going on a lot longer...

o and there is Sapphos.

...than you think. It's just been repressed and oppressed.

The only reason it has become more affluent in culture is simply from the acceptance of it paired with the trauma of unacceptence that goes with it...

Regardless of what gender you see your self as, there are several who see their self as a different variation to what society pairs with what ever is in our pants. You are not the gender police.

Gender is much broader than society currently pretends. I'm a woman with she/her pronouns but "woman" and feminine" are terms that include any number of different kinds of people, just as being masculine and a man can mean any number of attributes and lifestyles, and being non-binary is defined by the person. – I think my whole point here is that every person should be able to define what their gender is for themselves no matter the label.

In certain ways, gender norms have become narrower since the 80s. In the 80s the workforce started to shift, fashion started to become androgynous, and kids started to be raised differently... girls with career goals for example. (It was still a hell of a time to be LGBTQX because of AIDS.) In the 90s, there was a backlash where kids' clothes and toys became segregated by gender (they weren't before despite certain expectations in previous generations.) Women's hair and make-up standards got more and more extremely feminine until "feminine beauty" became theatrical and beautiful young women need to use facetune to fit the standards. Gender became so narrow and there is so much pressure to fit into that narrow definition now that it is gender norms are going to explode. (Good.) In the 70s and 80s (and before that, but I wasn't there) there were life expectations based on gender that were, frankly, oppressive. Outside of those suffocating expectations, how men and women were defined, how they looked and behaved, was broader then than now. As life expectations changed and people had more opportunities to choose the life they wanted, aspects of gender like beauty and fashion grew stricter. It's a circus and I hope the big top falls in.

PS: I didn't mean to leave out how the narrowing norms have affected men and how they are held to impossible standards, too. It is better for a man to talk about that if he wants to, though.

I like to look at this from a spiritualist perspective that the actual person isn't just material that we've all been around and on both sides of the isle. That said current society is very unwell regarding such matters and has only really served to cause more harm be it through toxic gender norms of old on down to all the toxic politics of today for which people are further polarized with many victims in all walks of life so basically Universe 25 of the Mouse Utopia experiments.

Last edited:
I identify as a man with he/him pronouns. That said, I am quite comfortable with the notion that my identity is fluid, and that there is a strong element of the feminine in my personality.

Re-incarnated from the spirit of the Rain and Snow god, Kuraokami. My gender is just the shell I inhibit, but my spirit is that of a dragon god.
Fickle humans discussing their human body parts and emotions should dig deeper to find their true nature. Alas, in time, all humans will find their way.

Reactions: ESC2367