Are your friends mostly male, female, or both? | INFJ Forum

Are your friends mostly male, female, or both?

Are your friends mostly your gender, the opposite, or both?

• Opposite Gender Mostly

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Same Gender Mostly

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • Equally

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Other/Depends

Votes: 7 12.7%

• Total voters

mochi

Permanent Fixture
Mar 20, 2011
MBTI
INFP
Enneagram
Ever since I started my new job, I noticed that it's a lot easier for me to start talking to males than it is females. But whenever I make an actual friend, they are always female, despite the extra hurdle in me opening up to them. For example, all of my close friends are girls, I never really had a guy friend.

I was just curious about you guys? Which sex predominates your friend circle, or is it a mixture of both. Do you find easier to talk to or make friends with one sex vs. the other?

Edit: What about online vs irl?

Last edited:
Reactions: Gaze
Easier to answer this when I have friends, but, they're mostly males I think (same gender).

Mostly male. I find them generally easier and more straightforward to talk to.

Reactions: Feelings
I'm kind of like you [MENTION=3876]mochi[/MENTION]

I didn't have many friends growing up, but the few I did were mostly male.
The first friend I consciously grew close to in High School (and still today) Is male, as are a few more of my good friends from way back when.
I found that they expended more effort in keeping in touch than most girls I knew did.

I can honestly say, I only have 2-4 females that I can call "close" Irl, but we are very close.

Hmm, I find it easier to approach males than females because they are just easier to talk to. I don't feel as much pressure, as I do with females.
Initially becoming friends is easier with females is easier because of more things in common, but in the end, keeping friends is easier with males.

Easier to answer this when I have friends, but, they're mostly males I think (same gender).

Aww... *Hugs* You know, just a while ago, I was feeling the same way. I hope they will come around.

Hmm, I find it easier to approach males than females because they are just easier to talk to. I don't feel as much pressure, as I do with females.

That's exactly how I feel too [MENTION=2873]Serenity[/MENTION]. :3

I tend to travel in and out of circles.. But through it all, my truest friends, those who remain constant, have always been women.

Last edited:
I generally have a good mixture of friends. Sometimes I have reached points where my circle of friends is small but I have always had at least one really good Lifelong friend to count on since I was in the third grade. I get along very well with men but forge deeper friendships with women.

Same here. I have a mate who's girlfriend I enjoy the company of. We all get along very well.

I have no friends irl, quite happy this way, for the moment. XD But online, I'd say it's about 50/50. ^^'

I have no friends irl, quite happy this way, for the moment. XD But online, I'd say it's about 50/50. ^^'

Really? But you seem so outgoing^_^

Interesting, online I think it's mostly males (and some females) for me.

Reactions: Feelings
Really? But you seem so outgoing^_^

Interesting, online I think it's mostly males (and some females) for me.

Ya, really. :p I am out going (sometimes), but I go alone most of the time not expecting to make friends. I'm not really one for friendships really, It's too much work and I hardly ever do my part, ha-ha. I'd prefer to just chit-chat with people every now and then. But I mainly prefer to be left alone whilst I am out and about. Being alone to me is something quite special and I feel 'alone' whilst on-line talking to a few 'friends'. So I am able to get the best of both worlds, generally speaking. ^^

I have about the same number of female and male friends. but so far my exclusive inner circle is all male. female friends have so far been too unstable to be let in. have not really met any that I trust 100% yet. and I trust my inner circle 110%

I used to have more gal pals but one day I realized that ladys like to get boyfriends. Boyfriends that take up all their time and/or become possessive. Then they become less friends and more 'people I used to know'. So I started making more guy friends. I still have a few gal pals but I think of them almost as people who will soon be dying.

Reactions: Flavus Aquila
I have one male best friend and one female best friend, so half and half I guess xD

apart from them, there are people I talk to fairly often, and they are mostly male.
I seem to get a long with males better, because they aren't as bitchy as females.
If Im around a female who likes to talk behind people's backs too much, it can have a bad influence on me, and I hate it.

I suck at the whole friendship concept.

So... I basically don't have any friends.

(Ok, maybe one. But it's too early to tell if she's a true friend. My criteria for that are... possibly unrealistic, but the one that's relevant here: I didn't even know who she was a year ago. True friendship takes time.)

Ya, really. :p I am out going (sometimes), but I go alone most of the time not expecting to make friends. I'm not really one for friendships really, It's too much work and I hardly ever do my part, ha-ha. I'd prefer to just chit-chat with people every now and then. But I mainly prefer to be left alone whilst I am out and about. Being alone to me is something quite special and I feel 'alone' whilst on-line talking to a few 'friends'. So I am able to get the best of both worlds, generally speaking. ^^

Oh that makes sense. :) I hear you on putting the effort part lol. That's the hardest part for me because I'm so shy. I also understand the preference for alone time, I'm like it a lot myself. :3 I'm more of a family person anyhow... I think I would be able to enjoy alone time more often here if my friends didn't like to go out so much. They randomly make plans and kidnap me, haha. It's not a choice! XD (Help me!):p

I seem to get a long with males better, because they aren't as bitchy as females.
If Im around a female who likes to talk behind people's backs too much, it can have a bad influence on me, and I hate it.

I think that's another reason why it's easier for me to talk to males. And another reason an old friend and I used to clash a lot, there is a lot of competitive/catty women sometimes and it really drains me... I avoid all confrontations. @_@ Not saying all women are like that, but a lot of them are.

For example at work, there's this girl that's pretty nice and getting to know me. I think I'm pretty comfortable with her, but still shy. Another coworker came up to her and said some comment (I couldn't hear, I was doing something on the computer for a moment). All I heard next was (the nice girl) her saying "If you think I'm scared of you, I'm not." The other girl retaliating saying, "Yes you are. What time you get off, I'll be waiting." The nice girl saying, "Fine, I'll be there." Damn, it was so scary.... O_O I think I have more admiration for that girl than anything for being so tough... But the other one scares me. XD