Alpha Male v Beta v Omega v Lone Wolf | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Alpha Male v Beta v Omega v Lone Wolf

What kind of male are you?

• Total voters
As for how I understand these terms: I start off as a beta 95% of the time. One I am familiar with a group I go mostly alpha, but not a singular dominant alpha.

I think there is misconception regarding the terminology but I tend to see alpha as a natural leader. When the storm hits they are the ones everyone turns to looking for answers. Just a natural tendency to be the one left in charge or running things. We can say there are no such things but most of the time there is a system of social heirarchy in place. Of course there are cultural variations as to what that heirachy means but most have what are termed "leaders" or in other terminology, alphas.

As for how I understand these terms: I start off as a beta 95% of the time. One I am familiar with a group I go mostly alpha, but not a singular dominant alpha.

I could identify with this partly. I am mostly lone wolf I guess but when in a group, I am usually beta unless there is indecisiveness, then I make all the decisions for everyone.

Wouldnt that make you a lone wolf?

Wait a minute....

Hipsters are males?

Are females hipsters in your country? There are no female hipsters where I live, except one.

Reactions: acd
Alphas are the dominant or domineering types.

Betas are sycophants and wingmen. They are often the most dangerous, as they feel the need to prove themselves to others.

Lone Wolves are generally either Alphas whose position was usurped by an upstart Beta, or Betas who failed in their attempt to overthrow the Alpha. Actual wolves are very social creatures, and lone wolves outcasts that will join other groups when allowed to do so.

Omegas are largely there for comic relief. They aren't seen as much of a threat, so while they may be playfully teased they are often the safest from real violence. They can sometimes get away with things that would get a beta severely punished.

Reactions: acd
I like to think I'd do well as the quiet lancer, but in reality, I just steer clear from groups as much as possible, and am on the sidelines of the action. :p

I'm a Werewolf.

Reactions: the and TomarctusHU
Perhaps if human beings lived in packs that didn't consistently mingle throughout the course of the day, my position would be more easily discernible to me.

However, I can easily see myself in all those categories; I am what I am required to be at the time. I don't identify with any one of them over another.

I'mma lone ;) but when in groups I tend to be the beta one

Perhaps if human beings lived in packs that didn't consistently mingle throughout the course of the day, my position would be more easily discernible to me.

However, I can easily see myself in all those categories; I am what I am required to be at the time. I don't identify with any one of them over another.

+1. i hate being alpha but sometimes it's necessary

Is it fair to say that everyone is an alpha by default if they keep a company of weak pitiful people around them? And that they stop being Alpha when they get around more dominant people?

Not at all. Often there is mirroring; when around dominant people you become dominant and so on.

I think Fe will tend to like equal relationships, Te will prefer hierarchical ones.

Reactions: jyrffw54
Feels like an Omega sometimes, works best as a Beta, prefers to be a Lone Wolf, and seeking Alphas.

\o/

Sometimes I'm forced to be Alpha at work. We often have meetings and stuff where we split into teams and debate some issue or another and then present our ideas to the rest of the team. More often than not, unless there's a team leader in our group I know damn well they're all going to look at me to take the lead and expect me to stand up and speak to the team. I resent it sometimes because I'd rather just blend into the background unless it's a subject i'm really interested in.

Traditional Lone Wolf, unless I need to be around people by which then I become full on Jock-like Alpha male.