Alpha Male v Beta v Omega v Lone Wolf | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Alpha Male v Beta v Omega v Lone Wolf

What kind of male are you?

• Total voters
I'm pretty sure I'm generally seen as an alpha, when I'm not feeling down and antisocial. It doesn't have much meaning to me though.

SWAG SWAG SWAG

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDhMkERg3qo"]YouTube - OFWGKTA LIVE ON JIMMY FALLON[/ame]

Does anyone know if any studies have been conducted between alpha males and penis size? If so I'm pretty sure I'm an alpha. JK :D. Not! My penis is huge.

Reactions: the
Alphas are the dominant or domineering types.

Betas are sycophants and wingmen. They are often the most dangerous, as they feel the need to prove themselves to others.

Lone Wolves are generally either Alphas whose position was usurped by an upstart Beta, or Betas who failed in their attempt to overthrow the Alpha. Actual wolves are very social creatures, and lone wolves outcasts that will join other groups when allowed to do so.

Omegas are largely there for comic relief. They aren't seen as much of a threat, so while they may be playfully teased they are often the safest from real violence. They can sometimes get away with things that would get a beta severely punished.

I wholeheartedly agree with your definitions. You very accurately, succinctly, and appropriately defined these terms. *win* :m107:

I'm alpha or lone wolf. I'm good with a lot of groups of people, but I don't entangle myself enough to be a legitimate part of the group, at least until I really get to know and like the dynamic.

When I do, I don't like to be walked on. I like things to be efficient. I feel it's most beneficial for everyone if things go smoothly, and I often go out of the way to make that happen. If someone wants to act like they're in charge, I'll often let them, but I'll still be doing most of the actual administrative stuff -- I don't need to be a figurehead, I need to kick ass. That's how I roll.

Not at all. Often there is mirroring; when around dominant people you become dominant and so on.

I think Fe will tend to like equal relationships, Te will prefer hierarchical ones.

If people are mirroring other Betas, Omegas, Lonewolfs, then how does one be the Alpha? I'm not sure what you mean.

------

I think that there is a bias that people do not want fess up to being a beta because it is somehow seen as "less" so they are labeling themselves as lone wolves, because they seem special.

Last edited:
I'm alpha or lone wolf. I'm good with a lot of groups of people, but I don't entangle myself enough to be a legitimate part of the group, at least until I really get to know and like the dynamic.

When I do, I don't like to be walked on. I like things to be efficient. I feel it's most beneficial for everyone if things go smoothly, and I often go out of the way to make that happen. If someone wants to act like they're in charge, I'll often let them, but I'll still be doing most of the actual administrative stuff -- I don't need to be a figurehead, I need to kick ass. That's how I roll.

That sounds more like the definition of Beta given on page 1 of this thread.

Beta = defensive: fights to defend another, or when cornered -> focused on serving others

Last edited:
That sounds more like the definition of Beta given on page 1 of this thread.

Mm, not exactly. A king will still be aiming to serve his people -- he will just be proactive about it through his larger plans and actions

But would an Alpha be content to let someone else believe they were in charge?
It seemed to me that Alphas need to appear to be in control.
If we're basing this on animal behavior, I can't think of an Alpha that lets a subordinate assume leadership.
But, then again I kind of think this whole Alpha/Beta/Omega thing in regards to humans isn't entirely realistic.

Mm, not exactly. A king will still be aiming to serve his people -- he will just be proactive about it through his larger plans and actions

A Beta king yes. An Alpha is serving himself regardless of how it affects others.

(From page 1)

Alpha = offensive: fights to get what they want, regardless of how it affects others -> focused on serving self

A Beta king yes. An Alpha is serving himself regardless of how it affects others.

That's if you go strictly by that definition. As far as a hierarchy goes, a totally self-serving leader would not be able to properly support the group that it is leading -- probably why fascism isn't very popular anymore

But would an Alpha be content to let someone else believe they were in charge?
It seemed to me that Alphas need to appear to be in control.
If we're basing this on animal behavior, I can't think of an Alpha that lets a subordinate assume leadership.
But, then again I kind of think this whole Alpha/Beta/Omega thing in regards to humans isn't entirely realistic.

Here's my view point on it. We are sort of beyond the alpha, beta, male thing. It still holds some truth regardless, but the world is networked universally now. Language allows us to share ideas, and we aren't limited to a hundred or so calls like monkeys are. So basically it's more complex than here I'm going to dominate my group and whatever I do goes etc. We have laws to abide by. If a monkey gets out of line in a group he/she could be severely punished. While humans have some type of law backing them. And we aren't confined to one tribe, we have a lot of little tribes, and the whole human pop. is evolving to a network of one vast tribe. Anyway I'm just going to switch gears and call an "alpha male" a leader. There's different types of leadership imo. The one you are asking about sounds like a puppet master. They pull strings. It sounds bad, but it could also be good. So yeah, there are types of leaders like that. Shared leadership works best imo. Like if you have a good group of heads in an aristocracy they promote the best kinds of change imo. :D

Here's my view point on it. We are sort of beyond the alpha, beta, male thing. It still holds some truth regardless, but the world is networked universally now. Language allows us to share ideas, and we aren't limited to a hundred or so calls like monkeys are. So basically it's more complex than here I'm going to dominate my group and whatever I do goes etc. We have laws to abide by. If a monkey gets out of line in a group he/she could be severely punished. While humans have some type of law backing them. And we aren't confined to one tribe, we have a lot of little tribes, and the whole human pop. is evolving to a network of one vast tribe. Anyway I'm just going to switch gears and call an "alpha male" a leader. There's different types of leadership imo. The one you are asking about sounds like a puppet master. They pull strings. It sounds bad, but it could also be good. So yeah, there are types of leaders like that. Shared leadership works best imo. Like if you have a good group of heads in an aristocracy they promote the best kinds of change imo. :D
I agree. I think that people are beyond the simplistic Alpha, Beta, Omega thing.
We're more socially complex than that. We're not wolves.

There are theories of different styles of leadership, though.. based on communication research...and a leader isn't always "Alpha" or super aggressive about their position.
It's probably more relevant to ask which style of leadership one identifies with.... or if one prefers to let others lead. I have no qualms about letting others lead if they have more knowledge and skill than I do about whatever it is we're working on. If I see that I have more knowledge or skill, then I lead.

Here's a link to different leadership styles.

A self-quiz to determine your leadership style.

I got "Info" with "Referent" power second.

Last edited:
I took the aforementioned quiz and tied with Information and Referent.
My lowest was Coercive.

I don't think "alphas" have to be domineering or self serving, or even use any means of force to exert their power. It can merely be a position of high regard and influence. Leaders can be loved and feared. They can genuinely care about and desire to protect and serve those "underneath" them.

Reactions: donkeybals
I would choose "none of the above", though that option isn't given. I would hate to be in a dominance hierarchy, whether as a leader or as a follower, simply because both positions at best limit and at worst cripple all individuals involved.

How would you classify "wolves" that adhered to ruling by council? What if said "wolves" refused to nominate or accept leaders?

Ugh I resent this kind of description, but I suppose your "dominance" in social situations will always be relative to those around you.
Agreed.

Also, if you figure out where bi genderqueer sneaker males fit into that model, let me know.