• Total voters

bickelz

BOINK
Jan 1, 2011
MBTI
infj
Enneagram
4w5
Ok, so this was brought up in another thread and it made me curious of how you view yourself. This applies to females too.

I actually do not know where I am. I feel like the lone wolf but I have bits of alpha, beta and omega male in me. I'm intense like the alpha male but somewhat submissive like the beta male. But most of me feels that the lone wolf suits me more because I'm usually alone in my views/arguments/theories.

Anyways... thoughts? Any definitions of these that you could share? Character traits?

I find that individuals don't view themselves as any of these; others view them as these broad archetypes.

I find that individuals don't view themselves as any of these; others view them as these broad archetypes.

I guess I fit more into this category but I was just kind of curious since it was brought up in a different thread.

I guess I fit more into this category but I was just kind of curious since it was brought up in a different thread.

Entirely understandable! It's an interesting query.

:m075:

"Oh, Lone Wolf of cour... HIPSTER???!!! >: ["

Beta = defensive: fights to defend another, or when cornered -> focused on serving others
Alpha = offensive: fights to get what they want, regardless of how it affects others -> focused on serving self

(Omega = distinction is irrelevant because they don't have the power to choose)
(Lone Wolf = distinction is irrelevant because there are no others either way)

Last edited:
"Oh, Lone Wolf of cour... HIPSTER???!!! >: ["

Well, duh. Hipsters go against the grain. I would call not socializing with people hip then. "Hey I have this freind and no one has ever even seen him. Does that make me hip? Hell yeah."

Beta = defensive: fights to defend another, or when cornered -> focused on serving others
Alpha = offensive: fights to get what they want, regardless of how it affects others -> focused on serving self

(Omega = distinction is irrelevant because they don't have the power to choose)
(Lone Wolf = distinction is irrelevant because there are no others either way)

As it pertains to me, I guess I have a hard time identifying with either beta or alpha. I don't focus on serving others all the time. I guess I do but I don't just fight defend other people's beliefs becuase I am submissive to them. On the other hand, I don't screw people over to get what I want. I do tend to give alpha males crap though which could be considered challenging them.

A bigger part of me says that I could give a rats ass about most other people besides a few. Again, I do care about them but I fight with them a lot. I have opinions that don't match many other people's opinions. I have a hard time identifying with any sort of group whether it be social, political or otherwise. I've always felt like I was outside looking in. This could be for a myriad of reasons other than being lone wolf though. Or, it could be the culmination of the myriad of things paired with my environment which has caused me to be a lone wolf. Lobe wolfs are usually outcasted by the alpha male. Maybe i didn't need an alpha male or I don't realize who it is that did this.

FUCKYOU I AINT NO HIPSTER. GRRRRR

Of course there are going to be a myriad of different ways of being in this regard. Try and systematise it.

I associate with the true definition of alpha (not the definition given in this thread) however not at all with the stereotypes it has come to be associated with. I also associate strongly with the lone wolf thing but also not in the way that, that has come to stereotypically mean either I suppose.

I thought there was going to be a test :(

We aren't wolves.

Ugh I resent this kind of description, but I suppose your "dominance" in social situations will always be relative to those around you.

I see myself as lone wolf but guaranteed i'm seen as beta :D

i find that you yourself view individuals as not viewing themselves as any of these; while individuals themselves may or may not view themselves as these broad archetypes.

I associate with the true definition of alpha (not the definition given in this thread) however not at all with the stereotypes it has come to be associated with. I also associate strongly with the lone wolf thing but also not in the way that, that has come to stereotypically mean either I suppose.

In Nietzschean terms, an alpha is a lion, a beta is a camel/christian.

Personally, I'm a child. >: ]

What is an Omega? What is a Lone Wolf? Google is giving me conflicting definitions.

What is an Omega? What is a Lone Wolf? Google is giving me conflicting definitions.

Basically the Omegas are the ones that have no choice in their position in life and get walked on. Lone wolves are simply Omegas without a pack.

If we translate this to human society then nobody other than celebrities, government officials, and corporate CEO's are anything other than Omega.

What are you if you choose not to lead (but think you could if you wanted) and choose not to let anyone else lead you?

I maintain a neutral position until threatened, then I unleash the wrath. Often to the dismay of the person who 15 seconds ago probably thought I was a pushover

Reactions: aeon