You look like an INFJ/INTJ/ESFP/ENTJ etc etc BS! | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

You look like an INFJ/INTJ/ESFP/ENTJ etc etc BS!

ISFPs are all ridiculously good looking, I'm just gunna throw that out there...

I told myself I was going to ignore this thread, but I have to say something. No, you can not type someone by simply looking at a photograph of them all the time. However, you absolutely can guess with reasonable accuracy what the person is like (in particular if you take the context of the rest of the picture involved with it). You can not day that you can't gather anything about a person by looking. That's what people do, we read people to guess how best to interact with them. People can attempt to gather information about someones type by videos, that has reasonable accuracy to it. I believe you can guess at someones possible personality type by looking at certain photographs in certain cases. Why else to people try doing that here? Because people have gotten it right or resonablly close to keep doing so enough of the time.

The fact of the matter is, ones personality will absolutely dictate what kind of expressions demenor and feel that they give off, and some people can interpret this. Is it perfect? Hell no, people will make mistakes. However, the reason people continue to do this is because they have had enough accuracy within themselves to show that there is use to it.

You can disagree all you want, some people find use to this with themselves. I have found use in gauging what someone is like by looking at photos, videos, and in person. It is not perfect, and I will be the first to admit I get it wrong at times. I will also admit when I can not guess at it with everyone. It gives use though, and for me to stop doing this would greatly hinder who I am as a person. Guessing at an MBTI type is just an extention of this. If you think it is a bad assumtion to do so, then that is your opinion, but some of us have found use and accuracy in doing so.

I also am not going to stand up to any sort of challenge to prove any of us wrong. I have no paients for that sort of thing (never have). You can make your own conclusions from this, I truly do not care. It works for me, it works for others, but it doesn't work for anyone else. That's all.

Reactions: Jonathan
My opinion: you cannot make educated guesses of people's types based on the faces they have. But you can make educated guesses of their types based on the faces they make.

My opinion: you cannot make educated guesses of people's types based on the faces they have. But you can make educated guesses of their types based on the faces they make.

That's what I am referring to.

Note: There are two INFJ videos with twins that I know of. One is Gloomy-Optimist and her sister, and it's amazing to watch them discuss their differences. The other is Laurie and her sis (I can tell Laurie from her sister almost instantly in their vids...they're miles apart in how they respond to things).

As to clothes/facial structure/etc, I think you can make educated guesses about folks but you shouldn't pin them with that stereotype, any more than you should pin someone with the MBTI stereotype. We can imagine what someone might be like by how they dress/do their hair/accessorize/picturize....but no, it shouldn't be the end-all be all of a person.

But I can usually tell an artistic type by the fashions they choose, and I can usually tell an anime fanatic if they choose certain fashions. And taking in the whole picture, you can get an idea of who someone might be by how they carry themselves and by what they wear. But we shouldn't use such things to assume that we know a person by their clothes, hair, etc.

(Preface this by saying: It's almost innate in every human being to do this, though; we size everyone up by their clothes, countenance, and attitude)

Interesting. I wonder how accurate the individuals would be if a particular group of people took a un posed portrait picture. I think the topic was more about physical features and not non verbal body expressions (Although, passively, the face does show an expression, just not as much). I don't think anyone would say that body language is not a factor in understanding how a person expresses themselves.

Last edited:
What this amounts to is that it is possible to judge elements of peoples personality from how they look.

I'm not saying you can judge for sure every aspect of someones character from a single photo but personality is in some sense displayed on the face.

It is definately plausible to say "you look like an INTJ" or whatever.

Maybe it's not terribly accurate, but thats due to the skill or intuition of the person doing the judging.

But, it is possible.

Fact

What this amounts to is that it is possible to judge elements of peoples personality from how they look.

I'm not saying you can judge for sure every aspect of someones character from a single photo but personality is in some sense displayed on the face.

It is definately plausible to say "you look like an INTJ" or whatever.

Maybe it's not terribly accurate, but thats due to the skill or intuition of the person doing the judging.

But, it is possible.

Fact

Hmm. True in the light of this evidence. I wonder if it's possible to divorce a person's natural facial expression from their face. Or, rather, perhaps just edit it a little so that it appears truly blank, or just swap it/give it signs of the other type.

Basically, what I thought this thread was about was typing the facial features of a person like in socionics (You have a strong jaw, long face, facial hair, high cheek bones, you = ESTJ)

Hmm. True in the light of this evidence. I wonder if it's possible to divorce a person's natural facial expression from their face. Or, rather, perhaps just edit it a little so that it appears truly blank, or just swap it/give it signs of the other type.

I think that is what the other photo was about. The one to the specifications of the testers. It was probably a blank expression. You know how scientists like to remove variables.

They were still able to be fairly accurate but the natural pose was obviously better

I would say it is probably possible to fake a facial expression of a different type. although it is likely very difficult to fool someone who knows what to look for

Basically, what I thought this thread was about was typing the facial features of a person like in socionics (You have a strong jaw, long face, facial hair, high cheek bones, you = ESTJ)

I don't really believe that things like the size of your nose are definitive indicators of character.

All you have to do to test this is look at the members photo area and see how different we all look.

What I thought this thread was about is whether or not you can judge someones personality from a photo.

You can

I don't really believe that things like the size of your nose are definitive indicators of character

exactly! how can you? What if the person is South Asian as opposed to European? Wouldn't race play a factor? Suppose, people from a particular race has long noses or some disctinctive facial features, does that make them all belong to a certain personality?

Well apparently my face made me look like an ENFJ. So yeah...

Interesting. I wonder how accurate the individuals would be if a particular group of people took a un posed portrait picture. I think the topic was more about physical features and not non verbal body expressions (Although, passively, the face does show an expression, just not as much). I don't think anyone would say that body language is not a factor in understanding how a person expresses themselves.

Reminds me of physiognomy.... Without the criminals lol.

I don't think you can identify a person's type by their physical TRAITS, but perhaps sometimes one might gain some insight by looking at EXPRESSIONS.

I don't think you can identify a person's type by their physical TRAITS, but perhaps sometimes one might gain some insight by looking at EXPRESSIONS.

Agreed!

Billy, I totally agree with you.

Yes.

I think it is just an ease of saying that you can guess someones demenor by "what they look like". To me that is inclusive of expression. All things combined it is a good indicator that one can use. Though certainly not fullproof. An INFJ wouldn't really be an INFJ if they didn't do this or something like it to understand people and social interactions.

I dont even think expressions are that good to base anything on. Some people are completely non expressive for one.

People also mimic subconsciously the people around them.

I think its irresponsible to try to use things like that. Clothes are even more frivolous... I have gone through MANY fashion trends. Most people do.

I dont think its really possible to type realistically by watching a video, people are often not themselves when they post those.

The other thing to keep in mind is that the tone of certain facial muscles do play a small part in your appearance. It's why sometimes some married couples who share great rapport (ie: they mirror each other's micro-expressions) start to look more alike the longer they're together. The (micro) expressions that you use most often begin to define certain facial muscles that either add or detract from your look. So I don't think it's entirely all that silly to say that someone may "look" like they're a type... but that's much different from claiming you can tell something about someone by the height and width of their forehead or by the breadth of their nose.

If a married couple with great rapport begins to make the same expressions because of chemistry and theyre both a different type, it does seem silly to use facial expressions since theyre obviously subconsciously controlled by the people around us. Much like how people who interact with other people pick up their mannerisms and dialect.