You look like an INFJ/INTJ/ESFP/ENTJ etc etc BS! | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

You look like an INFJ/INTJ/ESFP/ENTJ etc etc BS!

You know, I think that maybe you'd be interested in the following link:

http://similarminds.com/face/photo_typing_jung_test.php

I came across it on similarminds and found that I failed miserably at typing people (although I was generally better at identifying NFs). I also agree with what other people have been saying. It's hard to type people from a photo (In pictures I'm always smiling, but if you observed me alone irl when I wasn't consciously manipulating my expressions to not come across as sad/depressed/whatever, you'd notice that I have quite an expressionless/neutral/sad-looking face).

Ugh that test has horrible quality photos. How can you do it when you can't make out the face clearly?

For whatever it is worth: when being a useful skill it is sufficient to be able to do it occasionally and know when you can do it. If I can only do it 10% of the time, but that 10% has accuracy 95%, its quite useful. Raw accuracy tests on random photos is not necessarily useful, you also need to be able to skip photos where you know you don't know.

Ugh that test has horrible quality photos. How can you do it when you can't make out the face clearly?

For whatever it is worth: when being a useful skill it is sufficient to be able to do it occasionally and know when you can do it. If I can only do it 10% of the time, but that 10% has accuracy 95%, its quite useful. Raw accuracy tests on random photos is not necessarily useful, you also need to be able to skip photos where you know you don't know.

You cant do it, thats sort of the point.

Accuracy:
single type: 43/80 (54%)
full type: 3/20 (15%)

What I got from the test. I found that rarely I could completely identify the type, however I was able to identify other specific aspects such as Extroversion/Introversion and Judging/Perceiving/Thinking/Feeling.

Intuition and Sensing gave me an extremely hard time though

My guess is that Judging Functions will manifest itself outwardly, due to the fact that they are judging functions. While perceiving functions will be harder to detect as they are internal, and have to do with our perception/how we think.

Last edited:
Plus 1 picture is completely different from another picture of the same person on a different time. Does our type change with our image?

Plus 1 picture is completely different from another picture of the same person on a different time. Does our type change with our image?

It is? I have not notice it. I guess I have not taken enough pictures. What I can say about that is that we are capable of putting different masks depending on the environment, stress levels etc.

Which is why people try to post their natural selves, thing is that people might already be thinking in their minds ''which type do I want to be'' subconsciously therefore altering the results, but really this happens in all sorts of testing, which makes typing a person correctly without any sort of bias quite the task.

You cant do it, thats sort of the point.

Jung/MBTI Photo Typing Test Results
single type: 189/216 (88%)
full type: 19/54 (35%)

I would have gotten a lot more correct, but most of my full type 'misses' were one letter off, as I've mentioned before, usually on the I and E axis... which implies that the people who submitted these photos are just as likely to have have mistyped themselves as I have.

Still my percentages speak for themselves. 35% full type accuracy out of 16 possible outcomes? ...clearly I'm keying into something, and this can be done.

I would have gotten a lot more correct, but most of my full type 'misses' were one letter off, as I've mentioned before, usually on the I and E axis... which implies that the people who submitted these photos are just as likely to have have mistyped themselves as I have.

Still my percentages speak for themselves. 35% full type accuracy out of 16 possible outcomes? ...clearly I'm keying into something, and this can be done.

That's what happened to me too..though I am having a lot more trouble with S/N.

You sure did get lucky, not sure how that explains it possible though.

It seems to me that you are never going to accept this as possible in any single person, and if that is the case I don't see any purpose of you trying to prove anyone wrong except to gain you personal satisfaction regardless of anything else presented to you. I agree with others who said just because you can't do this, doesn't mean it is impossible.

Reactions: Billy
It seems to me that you are never going to accept this as possible in any single person, and if that is the case I don't see any purpose of you trying to prove anyone wrong except to gain you personal satisfaction regardless of anything else presented to you. I agree with others who said just because you can't do this, doesn't mean it is impossible.

Then its provable with some form of rationality. Otherwise its a fluke. Or a hoax. I don't believe the answer lies in "magical intuition" based on feelings in our guts. Even when my intuition works I may not fully comprehend how the answers come about but most of the time I realize that its just putting 2 and 2 to gether to make 4. Intuition is just how those things come together, the connections are still real and meaningful.

I cant take VH being awesome as reason enough for something to be possible. As much as I want to and I do VH, sorry, I just cant. There has to be a reason if its possible. So lets try to talk about that and stop worrying about my motives.

Last edited:
Reactions: IndigoSensor
Then its provable with some form of rationality. Otherwise its a fluke. Or a hoax. I don't believe the answer lies in "magical intuition" based on feelings in our guts. Even when my intuition works I may not fully comprehend how the answers come about but most of the time I realize that its just putting 2 and 2 to gether to make 4. Intuition is just how those things come together, the connections are still real and meaningful.

I cant take VH being awesome as reason enough for something to be possible. As much as I want to and I do VH, sorry, I just cant. There has to be a reason if its possible. So lets try to talk about that and stop worrying about my motives.

A lot of occurrences in this world have no explanation, beyond of what us humans can reason. We experience many things we simply don't understand, we just know. It is up to the individual person to decide what to believe in, you can try to form your own theories contradicting ours, but it is of not use classifying something as invalid simply because you have not experience it. Most things tend to be tentative, nothing is really absolute. We are indeed trying to find reason behind this, as seen by some of our discussions. This does not mean however that one can call the theory BS just because it makes no sense to you.

I cant take VH being awesome as reason enough for something to be possible.

The fact that I am awesome is reason enough for anything to be possible! YEAH! /ozzyfingers

Seriously, though, 189 out of 216 with 16 possible combinations is far too many to be a string of luck. Those are the kinds of probabilities that win the Powerball.

As much as I want to and I do VH, sorry, I just cant. There has to be a reason if its possible.

There is, and I've explained it over and over. It's in the facial expressions, mannerisms, and vibes. It's as plain as day. I'm sorry that you can't understand this, but I can do it, and there are others who can as well, which means it really is possible.

This reminds me of the episode of Mythbusters when they said an archer couldn't split an arrow, and then they had a bunch of archers come on the show and do it.

What else is there if science and anecdotal evidence are both wrong? Does Carl Jung need to come down as an angel and approve it in a academic paper?

Reactions: acd
Then its provable with some form of rationality. Otherwise its a fluke. Or a hoax. .
If I can build a Neural net to do something I may be able to offer predictions that are repeatable and not a hoax yet not be able to offer any reliable reason for such a neural net to be able to exist: see black box stock trading.

A lot of occurrences in this world have no explanation, beyond of what us humans can reason. We experience many things we simply don't understand, we just know. It is up to the individual person to decide what to believe in, you can try to form your own theories contradicting ours, but it is of not use classifying something as invalid simply because you have not experience it. Most things tend to be tentative, nothing is really absolute. We are indeed trying to find reason behind this, as seen by some of our discussions. This does not mean however that one can call the theory BS just because it makes no sense to you.

Actually all things have a real scientific explanation. Just because we don't know the answer doesn't mean there isn't one... something like this however should be relatively easy to at least attempt to explain, I liked where it was going when people were talking about type being represented in clothing choices etc because I can see a psychological choice there and clothing choice like personality type is part of your rational/ego based mind. Not subconscious.

Facial expressions and how we look physically though, thats what we call astrology until it starts getting explained away.

I love how this has gone from a discussion based on that to "Its reeeeeaaaal you just cant do it!" yeah ok Peter Pan.

I think it is possible, just extremely hard to do. It's not about physical features at all, typing someone from the characteristics of their nose or even passport photo would be impossible imo. It's all about the way they pose and carry themselves in the photo. Of course it's impossible to get 100% correct, not even the tests themselves are perfect and that screws things up from the start. I have however valued VH's opinion on all things MBTI related and have the impression that he's good at typing people, whether it be from just pictures or not.

I however suck at it.

The fact that I am awesome is reason enough for anything to be possible! YEAH! /ozzyfingers

Seriously, though, 189 out of 216 with 16 possible combinations is far too many to be a string of luck. Those are the kinds of probabilities that win the Powerball.

There is, and I've explained it over and over. It's in the facial expressions, mannerisms, and vibes. It's as plain as day. I'm sorry that you can't understand this, but I can do it, and there are others who can as well, which means it really is possible.

This reminds me of the episode of Mythbusters when they said an archer couldn't split an arrow, and then they had a bunch of archers come on the show and do it.

Everything you are offering is spurious and based on something that's going to tie back to you for ultimate verification. Try talking objectively for a minute, dont give me non-attached examples, because some woman can bench a million lbs doesn't mean you are right.

How much of our facial expression is subconscious vs conscious?

And if its subconcious how can it even be related to type? Our subconcious is the out-verse of our type and everything we are not in our rational mind. type exists in our rational mind, its the flash light with which we illuminate the world so its intrinsically different from our subconscious.

And if some of our facial expressions come from the subconcious, WHO do they belong to? Because we are definitly impacted by the mannerisms of everyone we are around. Put an American next to a Brit for long enough and they start almost talking the same or they get closer in dialect and mannerism. We cant help it, its natural. Especially if you are naturally empathetic.

Some people may see this as "broad brushed" I say its not, its a specific example for why there would be flaws in even attempting to guess someones rational minds type by subconscious expressions that could have come fro anywhere in your life, now and past. Its real because I got lucky on an online test, not good enough evidence. Sorry.

Again, can we discuss the subject and not my motives? Its getting boring and I am not akin to giving up because people don't like me. Give me something I can chew on or stop using MBTI as astrology. Those are the only real choices here.

Its not like I am even asking for much, just lets stop talking about me and talk about this shit with something logically based.

Lets speak psychologically, how is it possible.

What else is there if science and anecdotal evidence are both wrong? Does Carl Jung need to come down as an angel and approve it in a academic paper?
I have only seen anecdotal evidence in bulk so far, some people have brushed on it scientifically and psychologically, but most of the answers so far have consisted of:

"I said so"
"if someone else can do something else impossible this is possible"
"Its subconcious"
"Its INFJ magic"
"You suck haha im more INFJ then you" - oh wait thats what my wounded feelings keep picking up when people want to talk about how much better they are because they have a magical gift to win at online guessing games then other people instead of why some phenomenon might be psychologically possible.

Why dont you take a stab at it Reon.

I think it is possible, just extremely hard to do. It's not about physical features at all, typing someone from the characteristics of their nose or even passport photo would be impossible imo. It's all about the way they pose and carry themselves in the photo. Of course it's impossible to get 100% correct, not even the tests themselves are perfect and that screws things up from the start. I have however valued VH's opinion on all things MBTI related and have the impression that he's good at typing people, whether it be from just pictures or not.

I however suck at it.

So you believe on faith, faith in someone elses ability, but not your own to verify? This is the problem I have with stuff like this, I also feel the same way about VH he is QUITE charismatic... so was Jim Jones (not calling you Jim Joness VH at all) but the point remains, there has to be reasoning and objective reality behind the skill, behind the phenomenon. Its when people buy it on faith because of someone elses personality that I start getting that creepy crawly feeling.

So you believe on faith, faith in someone elses ability, but not your own to verify? This is the problem I have with stuff like this, I also feel the same way about VH he is QUITE charismatic... so was Jim Jones (not calling you Jim Joness VH at all) but the point remains, there has to be reasoning and objective reality behind the skill, behind the phenomenon. Its when people buy it on faith because of someone elses personality that I start getting that creepy crawly feeling.

Seriously you believe that VH was able to get 35% of full types from pure luck? The average score would be 6.25%. To get nearly 30% more is quite impressive. It's also rather a coincidence that the guy who's been learning MBTI for quite a while manages to get a result better than the average by some margin. That takes some faith to believe imo.

As we're on the subject of faith, unless you're omnipotent ignoring advice from those that know more about a certain subject than you is a ridiculous position to take.