Would you kill a puppy for $1000000? | Page 19 | INFJ Forum

Would you kill a puppy for $1000000?

1) Humans aren't anything special.
2) There are much more humans than puppies.
3) Puppies don't lie/hurt you consciously/screw you over/etc...
4) Humans would do it, especially the ones who come up with such ideas.
5) The simple existence of a human causes pain/death/damage to many animals and the nature.
6) ???
7) PROFIT!!!

The only downside is that I would finish in the jail for it...
(Even with this said, no, I won't kill people randomly, nor unknown people for 1m$. But logically thinking, I have no problem with it...)

And yup, I desperately hate this thread.
It was the first thread in which I posted, since it pissed me just too much off..

You're sure making a lot of assumptions about people you've never met, I can't help but feel a closer kinship to my fellow human beings than to an animal, as much as I love animals. When I think of humans I think of my father, my mother, my sister, my friends. I can't imagine the amount of pain and suffering I would go through if someone brought harm to them, that's not to say I wouldn't be upset/pissed off/enraged/depressed if someone brought harm to my cat but it's not at all the same thing to me.

Sali knows his shit so I would listen to him, unless you want to listen to me. You had, like, way to many steps. Start like this.

1. Obtain Puppy
2. ???
3. Profit!!!!

1 too many steps still? (bad pun)

1. ???
2. Profit!!!!

No assumptions here @Sali. U Jelly?????

Ima genious. I know.

[MENTION=3393]TomarctusHU[/MENTION]

You're sure making a lot of assumptions about people you've never met, I can't help but feel a closer kinship to my fellow human beings than to an animal, as much as I love animals. When I think of humans I think of my father, my mother, my sister, my friends. I can't imagine the amount of pain and suffering I would go through if someone brought harm to them, that's not to say I wouldn't be upset/pissed off/enraged/depressed if someone brought harm to my cat but it's not at all the same thing to me.

While I do understand this, but most likely because of my unfortunate environment, but I don't feel such a kinship at all. I don't think that they are special, the only thing they differ from other species is that they are more prone to filth. I can't do anything against it, I just think about a pup/dog/kitten as something more 'pure' - 'pure', like raw, simply doing what is necessary to survive, not 'pure' like some holly being.. -, while I do have many problem with humanity as a whole. Not with every individual, but statistically more than half of them just pisses me off. And if someone would make a sick game like this... I would be superficial, and yeah, I would stop looking at it as human being.
This combined with the fact that a human being can barely exist without indirectly hurting/torturing other animals makes this even more complicated...
But hey, I wouldn't let others hurt wasps/spiders and the alike. And thus it is clear, that hurting a pup is out of the question too... In fact, if I saw someone trying to kill one without any ground, I would finish that fool off if necessary.
I honestly don't know which one would affect me more, losing one of my pets, or one of my friends, since I thankfully haven't lost either.

There are so many philosophical theories you may subscribe to as to why Humans are superior to animals. This may be religious, or atheistic. I forget the persons name, but a theory we "studied" (aka read and forgot about) in Philosophy was the complexity theory. * In that Humans ARE more superior than animals, Nature has made us so, it has given more "energy" in a sense to us develop more complex systems in our body. A dog IS more important than a snake, thats not up to us to decide, but nature.** There is a value system everywhere you look in this sense, I forget the semantics of the theory, and theres like 6 of them that all kind of say this, so I may be subconsciously drawing from all of them (aka don't be like "you totally misrepresented Issac Newtons Theory Of Complexity of Gravity. Cuz. Well. I ain't talking about that.) While I do find this an interesting theory, I don't necessarily give it much validity, due to the fact that sometimes the simplest creatures survive over the most complex. Also forces outside of nature (if such a thing can exist) may influence the creature to rise above its natural complexity in a way that Nature won't allow.

Now I for one don't subscribe to that theory, as its a bit too hazy and not clear cut enough for me. I am however a Christian, and God says to be owners of the animals, but also stewards to them I believe. Aka do what you want with them, but be just about it. Do not be cruel for no reason, do not hunt just to hunt, and do not kill for a million dollars. (That can be implied). So I think its absolutely fair to say I'm going against my personal beliefs for this. I'm not going to beat around the bush and blame it on something else like "well I'm genetically predisposed to being a badass" or something. I would do it, and I'd probably feel guilty about it. but the things I could do with the money (even "selfish things" far outweigh the one simple act of killing a puppy. Also I can contribute to society way more than that puppy can.

* = I forget the theory's actual name

** = Only applies if you subscribe to this actual theory mind you.

Reactions: jyrffw54
I guarantee most of the people saying they wouldn't do it would change their mind if actually presented with the opportunity. Especially if one of the caveats was that nobody would ever know

People whether they like it or not are participants in horrific things simply by nature of being consumers. Out of sight out of mind.

It might just be the mood I am in right now, but it seems extremely idealistic to say one would never kill even something as cute as a puppy for 1 million dollars. I'd love to believe I was some saintly being who was above that and didn't need or give a crap about money, but the fact is, money is necessary to survive in todays society. There are other ways to earn money to survive, yes. However I am willing to bet most of us won't ever see 1 million dollars at least all at once in our life times. A lot could be accomplished and many lives could be improved with that money.

I'm not trying to be an edgy jackass by saying I would kill the puppy...but if I were to say I wouldn't I feel it would be an idealistic lie that I would tell myself so I could sleep better at night.

I like this.

It's interesting how idealistic people tend to get when these type of questions come about.
I think a big majority would change their minds if they actually got to see the money, feel it, touch it. Make it real.
Same goes for the other side; it's easy for me to say that I would kill the puppy for the money, but then to actually go ahead and do it would be terribly difficult. I imagine I'd feel lots of conflicting emotions, and probably some kind of disgust.
Still I believe it is ethically fair to go through with it.

People love to be idealistic when answering hypothetical questions. If someone asked me "hey, is it okay if we kill 5 people so that 1,000 000 people would get to work 15 mins faster every morning?", I'd say "Hell no!" and almost everyone would agree.

But reality is different. We are indeed fine with indirect killing of humans in favor of road speediness. If we wouldn't be, all traffic speed limits would be set to like 30, or however low it has to be for there to be no accidents on the road.

To go along with my new evil self

BUMP!!!!!

Reactions: the
This is a difficult question, because yes a puppy is cute... but a million dollars? uhm is it a perfectly healthy puppy or does it have serious birth defects? even then it is a hard question to answer. right now i think it would have to be a no.

bump

This is a difficult question, because yes a puppy is cute... but a million dollars? uhm is it a perfectly healthy puppy or does it have serious birth defects? even then it is a hard question to answer. right now i think it would have to be a no.

Its a perfect puppy.

Essentially this is what the topic is about:

Would you put yourself on a tremendous guilt trip for $1,000,000?

Yes, I would.

The point about this topic is just to see how far people would go for money I guess. But its not even a good indicator of that, because so so so many people would kill a puppy, even one with cute little dimples. But then if you ask them to kill a different animal or do something more drastic? And they'd say hell no.

While I do understand this, but most likely because of my unfortunate environment, but I don't feel such a kinship at all. I don't think that they are special, the only thing they differ from other species is that they are more prone to filth. I can't do anything against it, I just think about a pup/dog/kitten as something more 'pure' - 'pure', like raw, simply doing what is necessary to survive, not 'pure' like some holly being.. -, while I do have many problem with humanity as a whole. Not with every individual, but statistically more than half of them just pisses me off. And if someone would make a sick game like this... I would be superficial, and yeah, I would stop looking at it as human being.
This combined with the fact that a human being can barely exist without indirectly hurting/torturing other animals makes this even more complicated...
But hey, I wouldn't let others hurt wasps/spiders and the alike. And thus it is clear, that hurting a pup is out of the question too... In fact, if I saw someone trying to kill one without any ground, I would finish that fool off if necessary.
I honestly don't know which one would affect me more, losing one of my pets, or one of my friends, since I thankfully haven't lost either.

A full grown dog would be more analogous to a human adult anyway, killing a puppy would be equivalent to killing a toddler.

I think it's time to let this puppy die, guys.

And yes I do mean that as a metaphor for this thread.

hi i am see on site YouTube.com there is girl !she trow puppy in river!

i am wonder why this is and fill with anger towards this situation. anyone has any thoughts?

thanks, artsu

Could I kill a puppy for this amount of money? Yes, though I wouldn't like it I would.
Could I kill a human for this amount of money? No.

Yes. I could save 1,000 puppies with that much cash.

Also, I could ensure the viability of my own family.

The point about this topic is just to see how far people would go for money I guess. But its not even a good indicator of that, because so so so many people would kill a puppy, even one with cute little dimples. But then if you ask them to kill a different animal or do something more drastic? And they'd say hell no.

I actually don't believe this topic has much to do with money. That's not how I interpret it anyway. I wouldn't kill the puppy to have money just to have it. I wouldn't. I think of what I could do with the money. That's where the ethical dilemma comes in. Are my aspirations and dreams more valuable than the life of a puppy? Yes, they are, for I am a mighty human.

People be talkin about consumerism and stuff, but I think the money could be easily replaced by something (someone?) that would be likely to have a tremendous positive affect on your life. There are other things than money that can do that.

Reactions: Saru Inc
yh

Awww...

mosquito.jpg