What do you think about when driving on the roads/highways? | INFJ Forum

What do you think about when driving on the roads/highways?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy

Do you just go blank, listen to music, or think about life, family, etc.?

Do you tend to look at the sights, buildings, people, cars, etc.?

What's the most interesting aspect of driving on the roads?

I listen to music, and think about people I like. <3

I enjoy road trips most of the time. It feels like I'm escaping.

Reactions: Gaze
If I don't have to pay attention to where I'm headed, I'm usually either listening to music or thinking. On longer trips, I sometimes develop some really interesting ideas, but usually I can't remember what I was thinking about.

I tend to listen to music and think up stories along the way, or pretend that the car is fleeing something or some great doom and every time we pass a landmark I pretend that we've escaped something. I do that walking to work sometimes too but its dark so I should really stop that >.<.

Reactions: TheLastMohican
I turn the music up far too loud (and quickly scramble to turn it down when I see a cop) and zone out. I generally get from point A to B without realizing it, but I've never been in an accident, nor received a ticket any traffic violation.

If I'm driving, I listen to philosophy audiobooks or whatever weird niche of music I'm currently into.

If I'm riding, I talk with the driver or stare at the countryside (though in South all we really have to look at are pine trees :( ).

I'll play my CD on repeat or listen to the radio, or just think. Sometimes, even sing and dance which i really think is questionable since people who know me may've seen me in my car rockin' :D, felt embarrassed by what they saw, laughed but decided they wouldn't say a thing, to save whatever's left of my dignity :D

Last edited:
I think the deepest most profound thoughts and then I forget them by the time I get a chance to write them down.

I read the billboards

I listen to music about three-quarters of the days I commute to work. The commute is about forty minutes by Interstate. Sometimes I think about my family, friends, responsibilities, future. Most of the time I think about the sounds my car makes and not getting a speeding ticket because I'm running behind (I'm always running behind lately).

Anything and everything, and my mind goes into overtime when I'm upset

Do you just go blank, listen to music, or think about life, family, etc.?
I usually listen to music/sing
I also will pray if its in the morning
And I do think about family, life, and the future

Do you tend to look at the sights, buildings, people, cars, etc.?
I like looking at the sky, watching the sun rise/set, the gorgeous blue-gray of an overcast day.

What's the most interesting aspect of driving on the roads?
any prominent changes in scenery and the spacing of houses and buildings

im a drummer for a reason, and i remind myself as much everytime i get into a vehicle alone with a working radio.

Sometimes I think about whether the impact would be enough to kill me, for some reason whenever I think about running into a pole I lack the belief that it would do enough damage to hurt me. I know this is ridiculous and that it would but I sometimes have that intense urge to try it out and see.
I also think about how weird it is that I'm traveling such far distances so quickly and I'm not even moving.
As well as hobbies I should pick up, the things I have to do, how I like being alone, etc... etc...

Music as loud as possible and sometimes singing at the top of my lungs. I communte about 40 minutes to work and from and cherish the blessed alone time. Then I get these "oh yea, I'm driving" thoughts and try and pay better attention to what I am doing.

I turn up the music. Usually I listen to something that goes with how I'm feeling. Who knows it I'm thinking about... Lots of stuff these days.

Depends on if its in the mornings or the evenings! :)

Mornings: More in my head.
Evenings: More zoned out.

Also depends on if I find something good on the radio.

I love your question ^^...something I alway wonder since whenever I'm in moving vehicles of sorts, I get very pensive. But hey, I don't physically drive myself...

Reactions: Gaze