what do guys like? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

what do guys like?

It's like looking at the Mona Lisa and deciding that it's the canvas that's beautiful.

It is a nice canvas.

its also appropriately small.

Martyrs for clothes!!! I love that. If I ever develop musical talent I am starting an all chick punk rock group called Martyrs for Clothes..

*shudder* poor models :(

I wonder if they feel trapped in a life they don't want?

Haha that is interesting I have always leaned towards that that they compelledly chose it for themselves.

The thought of being compelled (by an outside force) to choose for myself (an internal choice) sounds pretty illuminous (Illuminati).

Martyrs for clothes!!! I love that. If I ever develop musical talent I am starting an all chick punk rock group called Martyrs for Clothes..

Why? Punk rock sucks.

Haha that is interesting I have always leaned towards that that they compelledly chose it for themselves.

Maybe there was a "beauty" manual handed out at some point, but I must have been playing hookey, because I never got one. Honestly, the things I find attractive are: confidence, health, physical symmetry. I think in that order. Health means total health. Confidence is attractive because not having it is one of my flaws. And symmetry is visually attractive for anyone. (And I detest being told that society decided for me what will I like and dislike. And it makes my heart ache when I hear that someone else has bought into that lie.)

The thought of being compelled (by an outside force) to choose for myself (an internal choice) sounds pretty illuminous (Illuminati).

lol!
When gloomy-optimist takes over the media I won't be worried about that anymore! :D

It's like looking at the Mona Lisa and deciding that it's the canvas that's beautiful.

When I look at the Mona Lisa, I will tell you quite easily without a doubt who I think is beautiful, and that is the artist that painted it, or even more poignently, that artist's mind. It is in the mind that true beauty lies and it is in the mind where it is created and it is in the mind where it is appreciated. Someone talked about symmetry being beautiful, but it is mind symmetry that is most amazing and the mind creates symmetries beyond physical apprehensions all the lovely time. Take it to the bank and cash it babies. It's pure gold and amythist. Diamonds dim in it's pure lustre. The truth in and of your minds just purely shines.

Well, at least that is what my mind made up for me tonight and I am going with that until proven wrong (which I doubt to be something that can be done, although I think the idea can certainly be embellished upon.) :smile:

<<<< wonders what firehotemily has to say about the discussion so far.

Last edited:
Somehow, it always comes down to the Illuminati with you..

P.S. Punk rock only sucks when it is not pissed off feminist punk... or earlier punk..i.e. Siouxsie and the Banshees, Patti Smith... and so on.

- NF personality
- multiracial or filipino (which is actually common where I live)
- name has the letters a,b,d,l,m,n,p,r and/or s but not g,h,j,q,u,v,w (seriously, the name makes a big difference)
- honest and open. if we can't tell each other things, the relationship will fall apart quickly.

I actually don't know, but it's very consistent. Just the way some people like certain colors, I like certain letters.

I actually don't know, but it's very consistent. Just the way some people like certain colors, I like certain letters.

Haha, I am the reverse of your letter choice.

And yes, names really do have an effect.

Which one do you hold more stictly to the haves, or the have nots (in cases where both are present)

this is tough...

must have: a, n
optional: p, s
not preferred: g, v
dislike: j, q

- NF personality
- multiracial or filipino (which is actually common where I live)
- name has the letters a,b,d,l,m,n,p,r and/or s but not g,h,j,q,u,v,w (seriously, the name makes a big difference)
- honest and open. if we can't tell each other things, the relationship will fall apart quickly.

this is tough...

must have: a, n
optional: p, s
not preferred: g, v
dislike: j, q

You would like my name, laofmoonster :)
But I'm probably waaaay too white for you.

Thought I'd pipe in. I am not attracted to girls who cannot think outside the borders of my province/country. That's the only excluding characteristic. Oh, and I'm going to have say it, thin to average. What can I do. I will counter this non-pc affirmation by a pc one: love is in the eye of the beholder.

Media: there is no conspiracy behind the media. Only the expression of the ideology that is in place. People then position themselves for or against this ideology mostly based on whether they stand to benefit or lose from it. Even those who control the media are subjected to the ideology yet they will protect it since they stand to gain from it. Conclusion: we're all saps.

I must agree that there is definitely something about Merrytrees' avatar.