what do guys like? | INFJ Forum

what do guys like?

firehotemily

Community Member
Feb 16, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
Okay guys...i've got a question for you.

What do YOU personally like in a girl?

What are some of your big turn offs?

What are some qualities you would like in your future wife?

ummm yeah...that was more than one question..but answer away xD and if anything else comes to your mind go ahead and share it..

No offense, but it's pointless asking.

Why do you say that?

And I'm not too picky if a girl can take care of herself physically as well as mentally we'll get on fine. I'm not to much into girl of your dreams sort of thing, never saw the point.

I'm starting to fall for an INTP... I've always been attracted to their dark logic combined with not caring and procrastination.

Wednesday Addams
River Tam
Et All.

I have no brilliant answer for why asking what the opposite gender wants is pointless--other than to say, who cares what you all want?
Why?
So a person can compare themself to standards? Meh.

I'm not talking about your response, SH, cuz it's reasonable.
And I'm not talking about Shai's, either.

Last edited:
Also, to further merrytree's claim, every guy is going to like something different. So one guy will say he like a few things, then the next guy will say the exact opposite. trying to find the image of the universally "perfect girl" is just not possible.

Open mindedness (is that a word?) is top on the list, looks is a close second, being spontaneous or at least being able to go along with my spontaneous decisions. For example, about 2 years ago, I randomly decided to drive out to Colorado for a week. I left the next day. I'd love to find somebody that would go with me.

I dated my ex girlfriend of 2 years (it lasted that long mostly because we had a kid) but we just didn't match at all in these areas.

I should add that I've read a lot of things concluding that for women, personality holds more weight... and for men, appearance holds more weight. You are a super cute girl so you don't have much to worry about :)

Last edited:
I have no brilliant answer for why asking what the opposite gender wants is pointless--other than to say, who cares what you all want?
Why?

I didn't see it like that, mainly cause she did include the word "YOU" in all caps and "personally" afterwords, I don't think that was her intent.

Last edited:
No offense, but it's pointless asking.

I do so agree with this. Sometimes you just really like somebody, but how can you quantify it? If I think I want this that and the other thing in somebody, don't I put them in the same chains I would never want someone to try to biind me in?

I am really with the open-mindedness thing, but also, like if you create (or mutually create) a child, well, then don't you kind of owe it your life? - That is for the new dude to ponder.

Another thing. Just because I may out of seemingly nowhere want to run off to Colorado, certainly doesn't mean someone else may want to concurrently do that same thing.

Last edited:
I do so agree with this. Sometimes you just really like somebody, but how can you quantify it? If I think I want this that and the other thing in somebody, don't I put them in the same chains I would never want someone to try to biind me in?

I am really with the open-mindedness thing, but also, like if you create (or mutually create) a child, well, then don't you kind of owe it your life? - That is for the new dude to ponder.

Another thing. Just because I may out of seemingly nowhere want to run off to Colorado, certainly doesn't mean someone else may want to concurrently do that same thing.

It's kinda hard to give a child your life when the military won't allow you to, and the Mom doesn't want you to. I don't want to elaborate on this. Don't make such a bold statement without having -any fucking idea- what my situation is.

ummm yeah...that was more than one question..but answer away xD and if anything else comes to your mind go ahead and share it..

People are most attracted to the traits that aren't dominant in themselves. For INFJs, traits that might be attrative are spontatenutiy, free spiritedness, logicalness, detachedment, etc. Conversely, people are most turned off by seeing their own flaws expressed in others. For an INFJ that means arrogance, passion, lazyness, self conciousness, etc.

Last edited:
People are most attracted to the traits that aren't dominant in themselves. For INFJs, traits that might be attrative are spontatenutiy, free spiritedness, logicalness, detachedment, etc. Conversely, people are most turned off by seeing their own flaws expressed in others. For an INFJ that means arrogance, passion, lazyness, self conciousness, etc.

I think that's fairly true.

Actually, I am pretty much turned on by my own traits. If I weren't, I'd trade them in for a new set, but I kinda like me like I am.

Why?

I'm interested in the answers from either gender regarding either gender; not because I plan to try to conform to those standards, but because I'm naturally curious about people in general. I like knowing how other people think, so explanations behind certain preferences would be great.

I guess it can go both ways. I'm a clutterbrain but wouldn't want to be with someone who was a clutterbrain. I'm empathetic and would want to be with someone who's empathetic. Just an example of both ways.

I'm interested in the answers from either gender regarding either gender; not because I plan to try to conform to those standards, but because I'm naturally curious about people in general. I like knowing how other people think, so explanations behind certain preferences would be great.

good point, that makes a lot of sense.

The more I get to like someone the more my "ideal" becomes like them, it's fluid and ever-changing.

I like girls who are happy to see me and aren't bossy (to me, I dont care if they are bossy to others). Compassion, gentleness, kind, careing, etc. Add any generic positive attribute you wish. ..... and rich!

I don't like girls who are always complaining or depressed about things that are non-sense.

I would like a future wife who isnt a ho.

But Im really not that picky. Im probably too easy goin in this area.

Last edited: