What current series do you watch? | Page 15 | INFJ Forum

What current series do you watch?

The Witcher. :hearteyes: I binge-watched all the 8 episodes...
Yuss! The Witcher is certainly on the watch list (just started playing the game as well) along with the silly Adventures of baby Yoda (Mandalorian).
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Yuss! The Witcher is certainly on the watch list (just started playing the game as well) along with the silly Adventures of baby Yoda (Mandalorian).
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Witcher is great.

I'm not really into Star Wars but actually I'm getting hooked on Mandalorian. I probably drive my Star Wars fanatic husband crazy with my loud exclamations of, "If he hurts that baby I'm going to riot. I swear to God I will lose it!" (Lol) I saw this online somewhere and I feel like it accurately describes some of our conversations since I started the show:

prt26sp.png

I was so confused about everyone calling that guy baby Yoda so I finally watched the series. It has those mellow space western vibes from Firefly that I dig so much.

I'm not sure what to watch next. Maybe that What We Do in the Shadows series?

Hey people,

I was wondering, which current TV series do you follow?

Post down below ;p

I follow a lot of already done tv shows, but two amazing current ones are:
  • His Dark Materials on BBC (UK)/HBO (US) - which debates innocence v experience in a world where there is an external animal that is your soul
  • Mo Dao Zu Shi / Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation, a Chinese animated series (watch the one on GoGo anime, it has better subtitles) - it is set in the Chinese fantasy world of xianxia, a world where people learn to use their inner core, each sect using different philosophies, to do cool things like flying around on swords and fight ghosts and walking corpses and very strange creatures. Unfortunately, one of these sects wants to rule the cultivation world, even destroying other sects to do so. The main character - Wei WuXian - finds a way to cultivation using external resentful energy and walking corpses to combat them. But the rest of the cultivation world really does not like this method, and it's not very good for either the emotional or physical state. It doesn't help that he is the only one who will protect the few innocent members of the sect that wanted control over the cultivation world when all the other sects want them and him dead.

Two of the best finished (although hopefully there will be one more season in one case!):
  • Prison Break - my INTJ roommate has described the main character as an INFJ's dream-self. There is still a lot of debate as to whether Michael Scofield is an INTJ or INFJ. Either way, his Ni is his primary function. He gets himself arrested and thrown in the same prison as his brother is in to save his brother from the death penalty for killing the vice president's brother. Unfortunately, things are a lot more complicated than he had planned for, including people, politics, corruption, conspiracy, an evil multinational corporation, family and love.
  • Black Sails - the gay pirate show which has beautiful costumes and where the plot is how does Nassau get governed and who gets to oversee its governance. It's also a prequel to Treasure Island.
Also very good:
  • Legends of Tomorrow is made of hilarity at this point now that it's jumped the shark (mid-season 3 - you'll know when it happens, and then it becomes completely awesome)
  • Dr. Blake Mysteries - set in 1950s Australia about a doctor with realistically portrayed PTSD that deals with issues very well.
  • Brokenwood Mysteries - modern New Zealand mystery series
  • Midsomer Murders - modern British series. Currently on its 22 season.
  • Miss Bradley Mysteries - set in the same time period as Miss Fisher's Mysteries
  • The Great British Bake Off/Baking Show - I know! Competition! But this one's very nice competition and when something goes wrong for one of the contestants, everyone else rushes over to help out and it's just very good and relaxing and watching it is very comforting.
  • Season 1 of Hannibal is a work of art
  • Season 1 of Daredevil is a work of art.

based on the Golden Compass trilogy. . an excellent book series
Have you seen the first season? It is amazing and the changes they made made sense and were very minimal!

I have not. .I liked the book so well, I was afraid they would mess it up
Like the movie? It did get me into the books though. Still have to read the third of His Dark Materials. I remember the second took a lot of energy to read, trying to find the connection to the first book.

Reactions: flower and Will
True Blood

After a few years of hiatus I finally finished the series. Lots of sex, lots of blood, lots of deaths, but would like to see a continuation or a spin-off.

Read the book series. I really wish they had stuck closer with the books. They veered right off a damn cliff by the last couple of seasons.

I enjoyed Orphan Black. As far as stupid comedy goes, I really like The Goldbergs.

Still have to read the third of His Dark Materials. I remember the second took a lot of energy to read, trying to find the connection to the first book.
the third was more disconnected than the second, kind of like the author lost focus

Reactions: flower
Read the book series. I really wish they had stuck closer with the books. They veered right off a damn cliff by the last couple of seasons.

True Blood was a mess for anyone that loved the book series. for me it lost it in the first episode. .I did like the theme song though. .

the third was more disconnected than the second, kind of like the author lost focus
He tried to include too much. But it followed, particularly if he had left out what Asriel was doing with his army, which he isn't good at that sort of pulling back and also it changed the close focus he was using for the rest of the book series. It is still worth reading!

Reactions: David54
Like the movie? It did get me into the books though. Still have to read the third of His Dark Materials. I remember the second took a lot of energy to read, trying to find the connection to the first book.
The movie could have been good and I'm still so mad at why it wasn't! (The test audience they chose to show the more or less done original movie to was a bunch of evangelical christians, who needless to say, lost their shit, and so they had to delete all bits saying the church is bad and relating to muliple worlds and then jiggle it so it made some sense.)

The show, however, doesn't cut anything, and moves the disconnected bits of The Subtle knife into season 2, and goes hard with it.

True Blood was a mess for anyone that loved the book series. for me it lost it in the first episode. .I did like the theme song though. .
Oh man, you're not wrong! It was excruciating. I just couldn't watch it anymore when they started that stupid "Billith" story line. It was so disappointing since I was really excited to watch some of the book series story-lines play out. I mean, it's not classic literature by any means, but it was definitely fun reading.

Reactions: Will
it was definitely fun reading.
I loved them . I read them all in order. . When Lafayette didn't die in the first show I knew it was off the mark. . and it's too bad, it was such a great story

Reactions: Will
I loved them . I read them all in order. . When Lafayette didn't die in the first show I knew it was off the mark. . and it's too bad, it was such a great story

Same! I did kind of like the addition of him to the show, but almost everything else that they changed was just so stupid.

Reactions: Will and David54
So, just finished October Faction. I recind my earlier comment about the foyer looking like the Spellman's from The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina - but the flyover establishing shot sure does resemble Good Witch's Middleton.

Also, started The Witcher. For someone who doesn't "talk much", Gerald sure does. Even if most of it is to his horse.

After that, I might be able to bring up the courage to finish Shadowhunters. The book franchise is still better :tongueclosed: