What current series do you watch? | Page 14 | INFJ Forum

What current series do you watch?

I just finished the last season of Jane the Virgin last week and finished Miranda (a British show) today. Still re-watching Agatha Christie's Poirot while deciding what to start next. Might start the new season of Veronica Mars.

Binged Chernobyl last Thursday/Friday on the plane. Would definitely recommend. :)

Currently watching the second season of Mindhunter. Great series if you like shows like Criminal Minds and Hannibal. :)

I checked out HBO's Chenobyl because of the hype and it was worth it.

Chernobyl is amazing. It's difficult to find any fault with that show, really. Breathtaking, wonderfully shot, exquisitely acted.

Just finished season three of the Handmaids Tale, pretty awesome. Finished Another Word...it is pretty good. Watching City on a Hill, so far so good.

List of tv shows that I still need to start watching (too many, I know! lol):

- Stranger Things (2016)
- The OA (2016)
- The Crown (2016)
- Dark (2017)
- Better Than Us (2018)
- Arthdal Chronicles (2019)

I'm sure I forgot some of the tv shows... :neutral: Not having enough time to watch all of them, gahh!

rewatches:
Good Witch
Doctor Who
Once Upon A Time
The Smurfs
Dragons - Race to the Edge
Archer

new stuff:
Mindhunters
Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee
Wer weiß denn sowas

soon:
Jack Ryan S2

True Blood

After a few years of hiatus I finally finished the series. Lots of sex, lots of blood, lots of deaths, but would like to see a continuation or a spin-off.

Just started watching Salem. So far I'm loving it!

Reactions: flower and Will
the man in his high castle

Thanks @Ginny @Tin Man I started Mindhunters last night and it kept me up till two am (way past my bedtime)

True Blood

After a few years of hiatus I finally finished the series. Lots of sex, lots of blood, lots of deaths, but would like to see a continuation or a spin-off.
If you liked the series, you'll love the book series it was taken from. The Southern Vampire Series by Charlaine Harris. The books bring so much detail and leads to a very different conclusion then the series did. There were 13 books in the series

Thanks @Ginny @Tin Man I started Mindhunters last night and it kept me up till two am (way past my bedtime)
Mindhunter is gold. I hope Netflix greenlights the 3rd season soon.

Speaking of Netflix, I just watched a miniseries called Ad Vitam. It's about a world in which humanity developed a technology called regeneration, which allows people to stay young and healthy and live forever. The series covers the psychological and sociological effects of immortality on human beings.

Reasons to watch: lots of symbolism and metaphor in tone, imagery and music. "Realistic" science fiction, the technology could exist and its bleak effects on society are sensible and well thought through. Believable, very human characters. Good world building that exposes more every episode. Intruiging opening premise: Why would a group of young people commit suicide in a world where you don't ever have to die? Successful at making you think about life.
Reasons to skip: It's in French. The series is very dense, you have to let most episodes sink in so no binge watching this one. Not all questions get (satisfactory) answers. The main character is too cliche. The plot doesn't live up to the premise.

I would recommend it to those who like grim sci-fi/tech noir, simply because something like this doesn't come around very often. If that's not your thing, there's nothing here that would draw you in.

Mindhunter is gold. I hope Netflix greenlights the 3rd season soon.

Speaking of Netflix, I just watched a miniseries called Ad Vitam. It's about a world in which humanity developed a technology called regeneration, which allows people to stay young and healthy and live forever. The series covers the psychological and sociological effects of immortality on human beings.

Reasons to watch: lots of symbolism and metaphor in tone, imagery and music. "Realistic" science fiction, the technology could exist and its bleak effects on society are sensible and well thought through. Believable, very human characters. Good world building that exposes more every episode. Intruiging opening premise: Why would a group of young people commit suicide in a world where you don't ever have to die? Successful at making you think about life.
Reasons to skip: It's in French. The series is very dense, you have to let most episodes sink in so no binge watching this one. Not all questions get (satisfactory) answers. The main character is too cliche. The plot doesn't live up to the premise.

I would recommend it to those who like grim sci-fi/tech noir, sinply because something like this doesn't come around very often. If that's not your thing, there's nothing here that would draw you in.

Sounds delightful. Right up my alley. The last thing that really struck a chord with me similarly was Blade Runner 2049.