What are your favorite Bible verses? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

What are your favorite Bible verses?

Psalm 34:8

"Taste God; he's good, and let all men see unto him."

Psalm 121:
"I lift up my eyes to the hills

This one has always been my favorite =)

Matthew 7:6

6. Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Reactions: Gaze
"He among you who is without sin cast the first stone."

"By His stripes we are healed."

"Doest thou well to be angry, Jonah?"

Jer 29:11
Romans 8:31-37
Gal 2:20

Reactions: jyrffw54
John 11: 35 - "Jesus Wept"

"Feed My sheep!"

Psalms 139:1-4, 6, 14, *23-24.
There is something wonderful in knowing that God

Reactions: Gaze
Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days.

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Proverbs 26:16The lazy one is wiser in his own eyes than seven giving a sensible reply.

"He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well.
Is that not what it means to know me?" declares the LORD. (Jeremiah 22:16)

Your reputation precedes you.

You can only fully be known through your actions.
Even here it is being stated that words are lies
indirectly.

Judges 15:15

Finding a fresh jawbone of an ass, he grabbed it and struck
down a thousand men. Then Samson said,

"With an ass's jawbone
I have made asses of them.
"With an ass's jawbone
I have killed a thousand men."

I don't have a favorite verse per se, besides the cliche ones such as JOhn 3:16 etc. (which are still my favorite.)

I used to love the books of Samuel, not anymore though.

"And he asked him, what is thy name?" and the man answered "Legion." "For we are many".

Colossians 3:23-24
Psalm 139
1 Peter 5
The Entirety of Genesis

Heck, the whole Bible :)

Laurel, a little insight into your verse - That was a song Jews would sing when traveling to Jerusalem. There were a lot of bandits who would attack small traveling bands, so it served as an affirmation of the source of their strength and comfort. For a long time I thought that lifting one's eyes to the hills meant gazing upon the splendor of God's creation and wondering at His creation, but more likely, it is referring to the fact that pagan belief systems would erect "high places" on hills - it could very likely be alluding to those, so it'd read along the lines of "Does my help come from the towers of false gods? No! My help comes from THE God."

Last edited:
And he answered them, saying, Who is my mother, or my brethren?
And he looked round about on them which sat about him, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother. (Luke 8:19-21)

"And he asked him, what is thy name?" and the man answered "Legion." "For we are many".

Its funny why Hollywood decided to make that fail of a film, Legion.
I wonder if the title was intentional or accidental?

Legion was the name of the demon/demons that possessed the fella who was running around like a mad man before Jesus and his homies turned up.

"And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." (Matthew 10:28)

Read: Fear God

"Jesus said to him, 'You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.'" (Matthew 22:37)

Read: Love God

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love." (1 John 4:18)

Read: There is no fear in love

Ich bin verwirrt.
Yes, TG is utterly confused.