What are your favorite Bible verses? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What are your favorite Bible verses?

did I AM say that, or did a human? What is amusing is that the samarians who said it are the ones who were not kidnapped, kept in exile and had their faith corrupted by outside religions and political forces. They were the poor of israel.. And their faith is more closely linked to older forms of the

Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
Judgment and assumption is the mother of that; My favorite! - Carl Jung calls it projection... Both the reasons why we shouldn't take anything personally and never use our words, our power of creation with ill intent. awesome, powerful words.

Last edited:
Judgment and assumption is the mother of that; My favorite! - Carl Jung calls it projection... Both the reasons why we shouldn't take anything personally and never use our words, our power of creation with ill intent. awesome, powerful words.

Nice. Even better with Jung in the mix.

Seals everywhere are clapping. (?!) *random INFJ-type projection*

My personal favorite is Hosea 13: 16.

Don't you just love Yahweh? Lol.

Though, on a serious note, my favorite verse would be John 3: 16 (I assume most of you know that one).

You believe that there is a god who loves the world so much that he will have one as favorite and "begotten" and then put him into a world to be crucified? Who the F wrote that book?

Sacfricing your children was like one of the bestest things you could do back in those days.

Can the nOOB join in?

Yes, you're righty on! - the verse is on God's love..
Romans 5:8, "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." In this verse and in John 3:16, we find no conditions placed on God's love for us. God doesn't say, "as soon as you clean up your act, I'll love you; " nor does He say, "I'll sacrifice my Son if you promise to love Me." In fact, in Romans 5:8, we find just the opposite. God wants us to know that His love is unconditional, so He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to die for us while we were still unlovable sinners. Love we cannot comprehend - Our human love is conditional - funny how we still use our instincts though.. fight or flight, for example! I ain't a 'basher' btw... Just me:)

Last edited:
Philippians 4:13

I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me.

yes the old ways where very harsh and not perfect that is why the law needed changed.

I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me.

yes the old ways where very harsh and not perfect that is why the law needed changed.
they had law. Third book of old testament

Jesus wept.

This was the verse all the boys in vacation bible school memorized because instead of answering roll call with "Present," we were required to announce our presence with a bible verse. Every boy answered "Jesus wept," because it's the shortest verse in the bible.

they had law. Third book of old testament

yes the law was given to Moses, but it was not perfect people couldn't live up to it. And people interpreted it wrongly (yea without sin cast the first stone) that was his whole reason for coming Higher ups twisted the law to there own benefit. Now you have a perfect one who will take the bullet for you if you follow the 12 commandments. that said I don't follow them.
:mlight:

"What does it profit a man if he gains the whole world but suffers the loss of his soul?"
~Mark 8:36

about 20 dollars flat rate usually if you're up for selling your soul. i give better offers depending on age and purity

Where is the get back on thread smilie when ya need em?

Alas! Sometimes when the smilies can't do it, you need to take matters in your own hands:

Matthew 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Romans 8

31What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? 33Who shall bring any charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. 34 Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised— who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us. 35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? 36As it is written,

"For your sake we are being killed all the day long;
we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered."

37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

old thread revival time, I got to say I kinda miss Satya

ecclesiastes

"Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour.
For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.
Again, if two lie together, then they have heat: but how can one be warm alone.
And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him: and a threefold cord is not quickly broken."

-Ecclesiastes 4:9

love people, hate people, you need people. very profound.