What are peoples' first impression? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

What are peoples' first impression?

People like to say I'm "mature".

They'll think I'm like 26 then I'll tell them I'm 22.

I ask if its cuz of my face but they'll say "no, it's your personality".

I don't think I'm very mature. But maybe I'm less immature than people in general. *shrugs*

People like to say I'm "mature".

They'll think I'm like 26 then I'll tell them I'm 22.

I ask if its cuz of my face but they'll say "no, it's your personality".

I don't think I'm very mature. But maybe I'm less immature than people in general. *shrugs*

Hmmmm, I get this a bit too. No one cards me anymore and I'm only 22 >_<

Hmmmm, I get this a bit too. No one cards me anymore and I'm only 22 >_<

Well... Hmmm...

People will say I'm mature based on personality.
This happens all the time.
I always check with them to see if they mean my face looks old(er) or if they just mean that my person is quite mature for my age.

It'll always be like "oh no, you look younger than 22, it's just your personality that makes me think you're older.."

So, yeah, people always card me because that stuff is based on what you look like and not how you act.

I'm fairly sure I act like a 50 year old. :-O

Well... Hmmm...

I always check with them to see if they mean my face looks old(er) or if they just mean that my person is quite mature for my age.

It'll always be like "oh no, you look younger than 22, it's just your personality that makes me think you're older.."

So, yeah, people always card me because that stuff is based on what you look like and not how you act.

Well I just meant I don't tend to carry myself like a 22 year old, hard to explain I guess.

Sometimes I'll ask my friends what their first impressions of me were. I was once told that I have an "intelligent aura," and that's how others see it as well, despite me not saying or doing much that would be considered intelligent. I get thoughtful, quiet, mysterious, and intimidating a lot as well. People are hesitant to approach me because of the vibe I give off, but once they break the ice, they find out quickly that I am quite squishy and non-threatening, haha. :)

interesting question . . . i think people tend to see me as being a bit uncertain about things because I ask a ton of questions when in reality, I have firm views but i'm always interested in getting other views or opinions, although i may feel strongly about my own. They think that because i'm not upfront or vocal about what i think that i have no opinion. They assume i can't relate to their life or experiences because i am not in their situation when if i were permitted to be honest with them, i could probably tell them a thing or two about how to effectively handle their situation.

Last edited:
Calm, quirky and trustworthy. People extremely rarely have negative impression about me.

People assume upon first meeting me that:

I'm quiet (which is true)
Calm (on the outside)
Odd (the term normal is only fitting as a setting on a dryer in my estimation)
and I am often told (once people get to know me) that I'm intently psycho-analyzing them (also true).

When people see me from a distance, they assume I'm a nerd with no social skills. Sometimes they get to know me and change their mind, but I think after that first impression they don't like to approach me.
I usually talk with people who are older than me, because people my age seem to pass me up like that.
Some people ask me if I'm OK, they say I look sad. Usually I'm just bored and tell them so. I consider myself to be the happiest person on the planet. I haven't been legitimately sad since, let's see...last May. (Actually that was just anger and confusion).

Yeah, I give very strange first impressions.

I get a ton of different responses, though. The range of impressions I give off.... well. I'm not surprised. I'm a contradictory person.

Though I do give off some impressions that don't fit me in the least. Then it's pretty funny.

They think I am quiet and shy (even if I am not feeling shy). Most think I am very quiet.

What I've gotten from people:

Quiet, shy, nice, reserved, intellectual/knowledgeable, serious, soft-spoken, unique, weird.

I can seem a bit awkward too.

Best I can do is say that "nice" isn't a first impression I make

Mad, dangerous, sweet, odd, lovely, frightening, jolly, weird, genius, retard and intense are a few words I have thrown at ones self.

Well... Hmmm...

I've had contrary ones where some people thought I was talking like a 60 year old man and others saying I act like an 8 year old.

I've had contrary ones where some people thought I was talking like a 60 year old man and others saying I act like an 8 year old.

[MENTION=2800]detectivepope[/MENTION];
I'm sure it is closer to the 8 year old than anything... Um, no, I mean I'm sure you are mature and confident and brave and strong and, um yea, nevermind.

*laughs* *ponders, now why don't people call me nice again?*

@detectivepope;
I'm sure it is closer to the 8 year old than anything... Um, no, I mean I'm sure you are mature and confident and brave and strong and, um yea, nevermind.

*laughs* *ponders, now why don't people call me nice again?*

I do like rolling on the floor and giggling which may have something to do with it.

It's great reading threads like this. One of the bigger reasons I've popped back on here was because of my social struggles, amongst them being the first impressions.

From what I gather, people are really put off by me, online as much as off. I've yet to figure out why, though, because the few people who I've managed to talk to about it can't seem to explain it, either.

I've been told I'm "intimidating," especially because I'm not physically typical for a woman (in my age group or otherwise). I scare people off very easily, or offend them within minutes. It could be that I just attract very sensitive people. If I'm not getting sideways glances or glares from people, I'm being ignored completely.

After people get to know me at all — a very uncommon occurrence — they either become more afraid, or realize that I'm not some mysterious monster and speak highly of me.

Most days I wish I could just go out without having to worry what people are thinking of me. What an awesome world this would be if people weren't so damn hair-trigger about their judgments.

"I'm not physically typical for a woman"

whats that mean?

I actually have no idea what impression I make on people. I've never thought to ask or care. *shrug* It's probably "Damn, she dresses funny..."