unappreciated quirks | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

unappreciated quirks

I have a knack for seeing events or situations and determining how it will end and it freaks people out. It just seems very common sense but people get freaked out about it.

^^ This!

People often forget that I'm in a room sometimes, because I'm so quiet. I prefer to listen to people, and usually I'm the only one who can recall a month later what we actualy talked about and who said what.
I have an excellent memory for conversation.

Reactions: Gaze
Indian as in from India
As in India, indeed. I often get in conversations where I'll mention that I'm Asian. People ask from where, and I say India, and they go, "Oh, that's not real Asian."
India seems be more culturally distinct from other Asian countries. Although I may be biased.

That's just people trying to make you feel guilty for their rudeness.

I have so many quirks it's hard to know where to start. I hate it when people are like "are you mad at me?" if I don't talk to them for a day or two. I rarely answer my phone. I am socially retarded--most people don't get me and I don't get them. Most people don't get or are offended by my sense of humor. I am easily annoyed by and have little patience for genuine ignorance and stupidity.

Good question. Sometimes people are unnerved by how fully I listen. It's kind of a ridiculous thing actually since I think we should all be "slow to speak, swift to listen" but it's so rare in our society that people usually don't know what to do except talk more.

Sometimes I really wish I could tone down the listening but I cannot stand making someone feel like their thoughts aren't valid even if they aren't timely.

Alert alert alert alert

I can't disagree more with that view of the world. (Thats not a slant against you mind you)

I don't think quirks are unappreciated, simply misunderstood.

I wish I had a good memory. My memory stinks, lol. I think that's something that people are bothered by.

I swear I listen when people talk, but I sure have a crappy recall system. Yeah, I do write a lot of things down, or I'll put them in my phone.

Alert alert alert alert

I can't disagree more with that view of the world. (Thats not a slant against you mind you)

I don't think quirks are unappreciated, simply misunderstood.

Do explain...

As in India, indeed. I often get in conversations where I'll mention that I'm Asian. People ask from where, and I say India, and they go, "Oh, that's not real Asian."
India seems be more culturally distinct from other Asian countries. Although I may be biased.

Thats just ignorance. How can you ignore a population of billion in an Asian continent. Asia is so huge, westerners only associate Asians with Chinese, Korean or Japanese. It gets tiring after a while:m100:

Thats just ignorance. How can you ignore a population of billion in an Asian continent. Asia is so huge, westerners only associate Asians with Chinese, Korean or Japanese. It gets tiring after a while:m100:
Even Asians (as in that sense - China, Japan, Korea) have said this to me. I don't really mind. After all, I'm only half Indian and it doesn't show. People I know who are 100% Indian still don't get called Asian, and that is wrong.

Are people who live in east russia asian? I think it's just because asian has become the "acceptable term" for oriental.

Even Asians (as in that sense - China, Japan, Korea) have said this to me. I don't really mind. After all, I'm only half Indian and it doesn't show. People I know who are 100% Indian still don't get called Asian, and that is wrong.

Why does it matter?

I have a 'quirk' (loosely using that term) to suddenly disappear when with people, then to reappear and loom behind them 'til they turn around and scream.

I honestly don't mean to. I'm just very quiet :)

Reactions: Gaze and Nixie