unappreciated quirks | INFJ Forum

unappreciated quirks

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
So, what are some quirks you display which aren't often understood or appreciated?

Reactions: Sandie33
I have an ISTJ friend who holds a complete opposite ideology and perception of the world . We like to joke around, but I have to often be careful with my comments as misunderstandings are common. I have found that my light sense of humor(which is a bit candid, innocence and direct in nature) often makes him in discomfort and a bit mad at me. The same goes with our political discussions. In the end, I have found that the mannerisms I show can be misunderstood by the person, depending on level of maturity and of course how they perceive the world. So I have to restrict myself in some areas when I'm with a specific person.

Reactions: Gaze
Good question. Sometimes people are unnerved by how fully I listen. It's kind of a ridiculous thing actually since I think we should all be "slow to speak, swift to listen" but it's so rare in our society that people usually don't know what to do except talk more.

Sometimes I really wish I could tone down the listening but I cannot stand making someone feel like their thoughts aren't valid even if they aren't timely.

I do not make eye contact.
My joints snap loudly.
My hair is messy.
And worn in front of my face.
My nails are filed to points.
Because I like triangles.
I jerk strangely to music.
In my head.
I avoid windows.

These are not so much under-appreciated.
As righteously despised.

Reactions: Sinny and Gaze
I have a kind of twisted sense of humor. Usually only seen by my wife, or very, very close friends.

Sometimes my wife even thinks it gets more twisted than she's comfortable with:suspicious:

having a very abstract group of interests and behavior....
we could be soo right brained at times and soo left brained at times, we tend to flip at extremes
my classmates at my new school, ok maybe throughout my life, people just don't know what to make of me.
even my parents find me puzzling frequently....
(kinda left out for out-of-school social events at the moment...)

yup was called "old" numerous times

or is it just me??

New guy here: website has been a great help so far, thanks people!!

My sense of humor. I poke fun and tease which is meant to be lighthearted.

I also have a tendency to obsess about small details at times. Did you lock the door? (5 minutes out)--Yes I locked the door. Are you sure you locked the door (10 minutes out)--YES I locked the door! Okay, as long as you are sure...(12 minutes out)--*big sigh*
I'm not obsessive, I'm not obsessive, I'm not obsessive, I'm not obsessive, I'm not obsessive, I'm not obsessive, I'm not obsessive, I'm not obsessive....

My sense of humor. I poke fun and tease which is meant to be lighthearted.

I also have a tendency to obsess about small details at times. Did you lock the door? (5 minutes out)--Yes I locked the door. Are you sure you locked the door (10 minutes out)--YES I locked the door! Okay, as long as you are sure...(12 minutes out)--*big sigh*
I'm not obsessive, I'm not obsessive, I'm not obsessive, I'm not obsessive, I'm not obsessive, I'm not obsessive, I'm not obsessive, I'm not obsessive....

*Pokes Sonyab.

Hmm. I guess mine is the outlook on many things I posess. It seems to be vastly different to people around me 'in real life.' I get misunderstood a lot...Mainly due to my way of explaining. Eh...xd

So, what are some quirks you display which aren't often understood or appreciated?

My blunt and direct way of putting things. People find it mean; while I find it honest.

I am a big tease in person. Most people don't get it:m075:
Unwavering loyalty I have for things I love.

I forget that I am Asian all the time; so somebody asks me about my heritage; I feel clueless at times.

I have a knack for seeing events or situations and determining how it will end and it freaks people out. It just seems very common sense but people get freaked out about it.

Don't worry, I often forget that I'm not Asian.
And yet your avatar says you know who you are. I wish Indian really counted as Asian, but we don't have the same look. So I always have a moment of confucian (see what I did there?) when people ask me if I'm Asian.

And yet your avatar says you know who you are. I wish Indian really counted as Asian, but we don't have the same look. So I always have a moment of confucian (see what I did there?) when people ask me if I'm Asian.

Indian as in from India? That is considered Asian...more specifically South East Asian.

if Indian as in Native American...you still have long ancestral Asian blood.

Indian as in from India? That is considered Asian...more specifically South East Asian.

if Indian as in Native American...you still have long ancestral Asian blood.

On the fence about that one. I also think it depends on what kind of Native American you are. Some tribes are more closely related to Natives from Mexico way... There are about 545 tribes in the United States..

On the fence about that one. I also think it depends on what kind of Native American you are. Some tribes are more closely related to Natives from Mexico way... There are about 545 tribes in the United States..

How about the Asians that traveled over from Siberia into Alaska during the Ice Age?:m075: