The Highly Sensitive Person Quiz | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

The Highly Sensitive Person Quiz

17 i see a coherence (not causality) beetween HSP and introversion: => Aron, The Highly Sensitive Person - How to Thrive When the World Overwhelms You (page 159, german version, translated into english): "Altogether, 70% of HSP tend to be socially introverted." i also see a coherence bw HSP & the idealist (NF) temperament => Keirsey, Please Understand Me, page. 118: "Kretschmer was first to take a careful look at the dark side of character, and he named the Idealists "Hyperesthetic", which roughly translated means "oversensitive."

Last edited:
:m190: I scored 26...so that means I'm highly sensitive? Nice!

Wow. I started noticing a trend here so I compiled a list of scores for each verified type that posted their result (didn't include any MBTI: ------ peeps unless I had read where they posted their type elsewhere, like in their intro thread or somethin'). I remember someone saying early on that this test was posted in an INTP forum at some point, that only 4 people responded, and that the highest score was 7. Case Study: INFJs - the lowest score was 7 (and was an outlier) and a vaaaast quantity of people responded. *makes sure not to shout* Now, what do you all have to say for yourselves? ^_^

ESTP:
ENTP:
ENTJ:
ENFP:
ENFJ:
ISFP:
INxP:
INFP:
14 14
18 18 18
INxJ:
INTJ:
INFJ:
(and here's where the fun starts)
16 16 16 16
17 17
18 18 18
19 19 19
20 20 20 20 20 20 20
21 21
22 22 22 22 22 22 22
23 23 23
24 24 24 24 24 24
25 25 25
26 26 26 26 26 26 26

Reactions: lenina
18, I guess I'm highly sensitive.

I scored 17. I didn't notice this particular question on the test, but I have difficulty understanding what someone right in front of me is saying when there are several others talking loudly (at least to my ears it seems that way) in my immediate vicinity or there is other interference. I just don't filter out the "background noise" very easily, and it takes an intensely concentrated effort to listen to my conversational partner under the circumstances.

I scored 17. I hate fluorescent lights and loud music. I can't stand to feel the seam of my stockings under my feet when I walk. I won't sleep in any fabric except cotton. I have difficulty focusing on a conversation when there are others talking loudly in my immediate vicinity, or there is other interference. My mind just doesn't filter out the "background noise." Listening requires intense, deliberately focused effort under those conditions. I also hate those modern home interiors where everything is painted white because they feel so cold and clinical and unwelcoming.

I HATE bright lights and loud noises.

I already felt highly sensitive and I scored 17

I am an INFP and scored 22! I am very deeply affected by a bombardment of sensory stimuli and can even become physically ill from stress.

20 too

I'm a 20 too, although I was debating checking one or two others. :)

I realized I never posted my results, though I took this test months ago. My observations must have distracted me (over 90% of INFJs [at that point in the thread 49 out of 54] who took the test scored as HSP, whereas the statistics for the general pop. range between 15-20%).

I got 23.5 :\

Urgh.

24, I suppose that's a bad thing :noidea:

Reactions: hush
15. I probably could check a couple more but I wasn't sure how the question was meant.

I have read the book and I am pretty sure I am HSP. Very sensitive to stimuli and most of the time it feels like my mind can't filter anything, I see and hear everything at once and that get's to much to bear for anything other then a short while. I also find it really hard to hear and separate specific people talking to me in a crowd, which really sucks when you are in a restaurant or club.