Straight INFJ Males | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Straight INFJ Males

I didn't want to start a 'movement' with the Straight INFJ male thing, and would prefer to keep the discussion here, if that's okay with everyone. We're clearly getting a consensus on INFJ males and martial arts. We're quite drawn to them, which is a clear sign of Inferior Se.

Totally disagree with the "clear sign" part. Maybe you guys didn't grow up watching Kung Fu on TV, but this man was a peaceful man with talent...spiritual and physical talent. He became one of those I could relate to in my earlier years of being a young man. Being a bit quick, it was only normal to play around with some of those things on the show.
He was a great mentor as a TV personality. The desire to show such a personality is not inferior in any way.
word_kung_fu.jpg

Last edited:
As straight INFJ males, do you feel that you fit well into the male stereotype, and if not how so?

Haha. No. For example, I cried watching Toy Story 3 the other day! LOL wtf?

*backs away quietly*

Reactions: RonjaRaeubertochter
Straight INFJ male reporting... late.

I have had general hand-to-hand training, not in the form of any particular martial art.

I intend to take up a martial art in my free time once we get to Summer down here. I haven't had time to investigate what is conveniently available, or what style I will prefer.

I would like to state I came up in a different time than most here. I was around guns, have hunted most of my life with almost everything, and feel like I fit well into what I used to consider the male stereotype. I could live off the land, if it had not been destroyed by oil or other disasters. I can disappear should it be necessary out there, but would like the company of at least a large dog. Don't think the wife could or would, though. She might could have years ago.

That said, I feel most of the questions to be answered until something new comes up.:pop2:

Straight INFJ male here.

Never really got into martial arts. Although I could see myself enjoying them. I may try a form one day.

Military history/tactics, yes quite a bit. I enjoy reading books on historical warfare and tactics, as well as military strategy computer games, like Total War.

I do like shooting at the range but don't go too often.

When I took that brain gender quiz I ended up neutral at 0, but like others here scored high in the feminine side on empathy, eyes, and words.

I do not, in my mind anyway, fulfill the typical male stereotype. I think I am much more sensitive by nature. I love music, writing, discussing deep topics. Not so much watching football. Some films and many songs can bring me to tears.

I've taking this before, with results pointing 50% towards the feminine area, which is what most woman score.

Likewise. Prior to taking the test I was not aware that generally speaking females tend to have index fingers longer than or equal to the size of their ring fingers and males tend to have ring fingers that are longer than their index fingers. On one of my hands the index is as long as the ring finger and on the other the index finger is longer than the ring finger. If I recall correctly my scores were:

Angles: 13/20
Spatial Memory: 71%
Empathy: 19/20
Systemising: 15/20
Eyes:10/10
Rotations: 6/12
Words: 15 for the first and 16 for the second

I eventually tracked down the full eyes test and acquired a result of 34/36

Totally disagree with the "clear sign" part. Maybe you guys didn't grow up watching Kung Fu on TV, but this man was a peaceful man with talent...spiritual and physical talent. He became one of those I could relate to in my earlier years of being a young man. Being a bit quick, it was only normal to play around with some of those things on the show.
He was a great mentor as a TV personality. The desire to show such a personality is not inferior in any way.
word_kung_fu.jpg

This guy was one of my biggest heroes and role models, and probably one of the best on screen examples of an INFJ.

The term 'Inferior' means the 4th cognitive function in the set (also referred to as Anima or Animus), not 'inferior' in a literal sense. For INFJs, this is Ni > Fe > Ti > Se.

Inferior (or Animus) functions are considered to be the parts of ourselves that deal with difficult ideals, complements our dominant function (which is Ni), and is a cognitive backseat driver.

In the case of Se, that would apply to things like...

Hi, another INFJ straight male here.
On the test, (femininity/masculinity) I was closer to the feminine brain side, actually.
I don't practise martial arts, but have always had an interest in the principles and philosophy of it. I enjoy watching martial arts movies, too.

I have very little interest in warfare. I enjoy reading about nuclear technology and testing and how it relates to warfare, though. I don't like personal weapons like firearms or bows and arrows, though.

I don't really fit the male stereotype in quite a few ways. I enjoy a lot of things that are societally related to femininity, like cooking/baking, watching dance, writing a journal and poetry, interior design... Usually guys tend to make fun of other guys who enjoy or appreciate these things. However, I also am interested in many societally masculine things like explosions, natural disasters, ordering all you can eat ribs with my dad and the guys from church etc.

Some people think I'm a little strange (feminine?) because I enjoy doing things like spending the day shopping with my sister and cousin or talking with people about how they're feeling. However, I feel uncomfortable when girls start gossiping about relationships/ celebrities, and I avoid conversations involving makeup/dresses and the like. I'm also not really into watchig/ participating in sports, or driving cars.

I also noticed...kind of off topic... that most of the guys I know like a lot of aggressive music, mostly with male vocals, whereas I tend to gravitate toward more introspective, softer, more sophisticated music with equal male/female vocals.

So I guess I'm stereotypically 'gender neutral.' I appreciate different aspects of what society sees as masculine and feminine. Nobody's really told me up front what they think, though. Some girls just say "most guys...but you're different."

Okay, straight INFJ males, first question.

Do you practice any form of martial arts, or have interest in them?

I took a few classes in Crisis Prevention and Intervention, basically a non violent means of locking up an aggressive person so they cannot harm themselves or anyone else until they calm down. It isn't flashy, but if you know what you are doing it can be very effective for its intended purpose.

After six years of frequent use and practice I'd say that I am proficient in the machete, bushaxe, and shovel. Granted this is not an ancient martial art, just my skill with the tools and overall understanding of their balance, reach, and effective use.

I would like to learn aikido, karate, and further my understanding of the bokken.

This leads me to my next question for straight INFJ males.

Do you have interest in the military, military history, tactics, warfare, modern or otherwise?

And since we're on the subject...

Are you interested in firearms, archery, marksmanship, target shooting?

Ever since I was a very young I had a desire to understand how and why human beings kill each other. I came to terms when I was six that at any moment people that I have never seen in person could set a series of events into motion and destroy the entire world as I knew it, so...I asked as many questions as I could about nuclear weapons, watched every news program, and read every story in the news paper concerning the subject. I guess my parents thought it was a little unhealthy, my great concern over the coming nuclear apocalypse...so they bought me a few books about the American Civil War and managed to redirect my interests. Thing is weaponry always stuck out foremost in my mind, how it was made...why it was made a certain way, what sort of wound it would create...if it would be fatal or not. To this day i can't resist the urge to visually scan rooms for every single lethal weapon or at least things that could be used as such. Not that I intend to do anything violent, just something I do in my head.

One of my favorite things to do is observing the combination of tactical formation with what armor and weaponry is utilized and what alternate sort of combinations therin could counter it. Granted most of my studies have been historical in nature, but I do try to keep my mind updated as to the nature of modern warfare as well.

I have been shooting firearms since I was old enough to comprehend the dangers they pose. My first weapon was an air rifle that could fire BB's and Pellets. I graduated to a .22 semi automatic rifle and a six shot .22 single action revolver, then to a 30-30 lever action and 9mm. Nowadays I have my pistol of choice, a double action Ruger GP100 .357 magnum revolver with a 4 inch barrel. I consider it to be a good all around self defense weapon. My grandfather left me a Remington 12 gauge, its a semi auto gas operated rig...real fancy hunting shotgun that I have never fired. I want to, likely will shoot some skeet with it someday, but I'm sad he'll never get to see me shoot it...he really wanted to and we could never seem to organize anything. Overall I'd say I'm proficient with firearms and can hit what I want to.

When I was younger I also used to target shoot with a compound bow. This is alot of fun and back when I was really into it I was very accurate.

As straight INFJ males, do you feel that you fit well into the male stereotype, and if not how so?

I'm gonna need to know what your definition of a stereotypical male is to accurately answer this question. At the moment my feet are killing me and I need a shower.

Wow!

INFJ males that do martial arts?

Perfect. :mlove2:

And I thought that you were all just a bunch of pansies. *jk* :m131:

Checking in as straight INFJ male. Although I think life would be easier if I wasn't (straight).

Wow!

INFJ males that do martial arts?

Perfect. :mlove2:

And I thought that you were all just a bunch of pansies. *jk* :m131:
Just because I play hopscotch and pick daisies doesn't mean I can't kick someone's ass. Okay, actually in my case it does, but that doesn't mean other INFJ males can't!

Reactions: Skathac
Completely straight here. Though its possible that there are a disproportionately high amount of gay INFJs but they just dont come here most of the time, for any given reason (ie: perhaps gay INFJs identify to 'gay' as opposed to 'INFJ').

My father is also a straight INFJ (to the point of homophobia)

Last edited:
Do you practice any form of martial arts, or have interest in them

Yes I am a purple belt at Karate and am mildly obssessed with MMA which includes ju-jitsu, wrestling and kick boxing among other sports

Do you have interest in the military, military history, tactics, warfare, modern or otherwise?

Are you interested in firearms, archery, marksmanship, target shooting?

Yes and yes. In fact this is one of my favourite topics.

I hate violence unless it's not real i.e. a book/movie or it is planned and both participants want to fight. then I love violence

No most definately not. I have no interest in macho posturing. It's pathetic. I also don't particularly care for cars or things like that.

And then theres the obvious sensitivity which is quite unmanly. meh

Hetero INFJ.
No interest in martial arts.
No interest in military except for historical significance.
Definitely not fitting the male stereotype.

Do you ever have moments of rage?

If so, how does it feel and what tends to cause it in you?

Oh yes.

VERY rarely but when I do.... clear the room. seriously.

What causes it is generally people lying about me or someone else less able to stand up for themselves. People twisitng the facts really bothers me.

I detest narcissists

Reactions: RonjaRaeubertochter
There is an obvious pattern emerging but is it the same with female and gay INFJ's?

Maybe this is an INFJ thing, not just a straight male INFJ thing

There is an obvious pattern emerging but is it the same with female and gay INFJ's?

Maybe this is an INFJ thing, not just a straight male INFJ thing

Very possibly, though many of these subjects have been addressed to the INFJ community at large. I'm now trying to see if there is a lean in any of these cases with straight INFJ males in particular. Seems like there is.