Straight INFJ Males | INFJ Forum

Straight INFJ Males

VH

Variable Hybrid
Feb 12, 2009
MBTI
NFJedi
INFJ males are without a doubt the rarest group of MBTI type. Two thirds of INFJs are females. Many INFJ males are gay (possibly a majority), which further reduces the numbers of straight INFJ males.

Due to the differences in perspective based on gender, I'd really like to have as many straight INFJ males (that don't mind revealing their orientation as such) check in on this thread, with the intention of possibly creating a user group with the intention of discussing the condition of being a straight INFJ male, and to see how much we have in common with one another, as well as discuss the differences we may have with INFJ females.

While this might seem like gender bias or even sexism, I've noticed that straight INFJ males do tend to have some significant personality differences from INFJ females and even gay INFJ males, who (and I mean no offense when I say) often share many female perspectives.

Straight infj married male here...

Last edited:
*Raises hand*

INFJ males are without a doubt the rarest group of MBTI type.

Yeah I got that much.

Many INFJ males are gay (possibly a majority), which further reduces the numbers of straight INFJ males.

But where did you get this idea from? I thought the majority of the INFJ men here are straight.

:m075:

Straight INFJ male and single.

Can I be honorary? I relate a lot more with guys than I do with the ladies, most of the time :D

Can I be honorary? I relate a lot more with guys than I do with the ladies, most of the time :D

Well I don't reckon it is a He-man woman haters club :p

Plus I really dig the style of you INFJ gals *winks* you can have my guest pass.

Of course you're Skathac is straight, just look at the filthy shirt!

PFFFT! Not all of my clothes look like I have wallered in the mud. :p

I am and so is the only other INFJ I know in real life. But we should make Mr. Monkey Boy our honorary chairman.

Reactions: Morgain
For some reason this conversation makes me feel like a song is in order...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n7y_j_nbBg&feature=related"]YouTube- The Lumberjack Song[/ame]

I dunno, talkin about the visual appearance of a straight man just made me think of this Monty Python skit. One of my very good friends is gay, and you would never ever consider it just by looking at his appearance.

Last edited:
It does seem like a lot of INFJ males are gay, but I suspect it may have more to do with the type being less likely to remain closeted or in self denial rather than actually being more likely to be homosexual. There is also the possibility that with a personality that society deems effeminate those whose orientation is borderline would tend to be driven towards said expectations.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
Some interesting food for thought there Magister.

I took a test someone posted on these forums maybe a month or so back, it registered my feminine side to be just as apparent as my masculine side. I dunno if this is similar with other male INFJ's, but I've never had any doubts as to my sexual preference...just kinda always knew what felt right with that side of myself. I do feel sad for anyone that does struggle with their sexuality, especially in this cruel world we live in...but I have nothing but respect for people that strive to stay true to themselves.

Reactions: Holden On
Checking in on the straight male INFJ side as we have discussed before VH! I'll watch this with interest.

Reactions: Jonah Caan