Straight INFJ Males | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Straight INFJ Males

Do you ever have moments of rage?

If so, how does it feel and what tends to cause it in you?

It feels like I have to stand in the way of the injustice that is happening.

My thoughts are along the lines of:

"I have decided you are a villain and I will SHUT YOU DOWN!"

I feel kinda invincible when I kick off. I would stand up to anyone, take any consequences and take any action necessary to stop what has peeved me off.

Especially if it's in defence of someone unable to stand up for themselves and the other person is taking advantage of this.

Last edited:
Reactions: RonjaRaeubertochter

I feel kinda invincible when I kick off. I would stand up to anyone, take any consequences and take any action necessary to stop what has peeved me off.

Especially if it's in defence of someone unable to stand up for themselves and the other person is taking advantage of this.

Thats me pretty much in a nut shell when I'm in a rage. Its not a fun place to be as it feels like ESTP shadow to me.

gotta love Fe taking control.

I'm not a guy but I'm like this too :)

It's pretty clear that straight INFJ males are sensitive.

Yes but I haven't gone berserk since 1998.

Don't feel anything physically while I'm enraged, afterward I get sick to my stomach and throw up. Otherwise I reckon I feel anger and hate to the nth degree, enough to lose all mental reasoning capability and seek the source of my anger's destruction.

It is very much a defense mechanism, when I feel like I have no other way out. I got a feeling in my gut that if someone tried to harm my family or other loved ones that this would cause it as well, but nobody has ever tried.

As straight INFJ males, do you feel that you fit well into the male stereotype, and if not how so?
ahahhaha uhh no...

There is "me" and then there is Billy.

Billy in public is mostly a reaction to everyone else, I have said it often, a skin I wear to move around in society.

The real me is much much more effeminate.

If I could be kissing and hugging something cute like a puppy or a baby right now I so would be.

I dont like fighting, I dont like arguing, I dont like hurting things. I worry about peoples feelings and how I am effecting said feelings, I would choose a broadway play or a picnic with my nieces over any sporting event with the best seats.

I dont know... im off

I am a weird swirl of masculine and feminine traits.

I think emotionally I am much more feminine, logically I am much more masculine and aggressive.

It depends on my state which side of the line i come down on, feelings or logic.

You know the angel and devil on the shoulder thing? Same deal, 2 natures. male/female nature probably closer to 50/50 or 60/40 male.

I am drawn to emotional stuff though, I look for things to engage my empathy usually. I've often felt cheated by fate that I was born male and would never experience giving birth to a new being, that really bothered me for a while.

Sometimes I think I have more maternal instincts then paternal. I wonder how much of that is because I spent a lot of time with my mother helping her raise my baby brothers when I was growing up and dad was gone.

Just because I play hopscotch and pick daisies doesn't mean I can't kick someone's ass. Okay, actually in my case it does, but that doesn't mean other INFJ males can't!

pfffft, I'm with you, I like lilacs and the color purple and emotionally bonding to people and I will definitely lay a smack down on someone when I am threatend.

I have a question of my own:

Have you ever been told that there seems to be two very distinct sides to your personality? I.e. a good you and an evil you?

This is very much me. people say this regularly

Very very infrequently.

to me, rage is when you go into that dark place and black out and when you come to youre drained and confused and wondering what the fuck just happened and you could hear yourself smashing things and punching him but couldnt stop yourself.

only 3 or 4 times total in my life have I gone to that point.

It takes a VERY specific trigger to get me to lose my fucking mind and go into murder death kill mode.

Usually its a defense mechanism if someone I love is being injured or hurt. Thats the major switch for rage, the other one is loss of control due to substance abuse.

The 1 time I went into a rage because of some seriously repressed messed up feelings came after I drank a bottle of wine and a bottle of vodka. I broke numerous knuckles all my furniture, my tv, my laptop, just... hulk smash.

How did I feel after these events? Terrified. Both for having brought myself to that point, and for the fact that I could even go there. I have a humble respect for my dark side. I don't ever want it loose. Going to rage and coming back and seeing the damage I caused, makes me question who I actually am, I feel depressed for a significant amount of time after usually, filled with fear, anxiety and self loathing.

In the heat of the moment though, rage feels like I am finally being whats true to my physical nature. A fucking ogre... a brute, just all animal and savage. Like Nos burning through my veins, the crash after is significant.

I have a question of my own:

Have you ever been told that there seems to be two very distinct sides to your personality? I.e. a good you and an evil you?

This is very much me. people say this regularly

I think this is true of everybody.

But it probably has more extremes in an INFJ type of personality.

We spend so much time trying to know who we are and remaining true to it, and we generally want to hug and kiss things, not destroy them, so when that evil DOES come out its probably far more evil then say someone who is evil most of the time anyway.

I have a terrible dark side, I have been trying to figure out ways to slowly deflate it or let its steam out, I cant have that shit boiling over anymore, too risky.

I have a terrible dark side, I have been trying to figure out ways to slowly deflate it or let its steam out, I cant have that shit boiling over anymore, too risky.

Take up boxing. You don't need to actually fight anyone, just buy a punch bag and beat the crap out of it every now and then.

I'm trying to get my friend to sell me hers but she's not having it

But it probably has more extremes in an INFJ type of personality.

We spend so much time trying to know who we are and remaining true to it, and we generally want to hug and kiss things, not destroy them, so when that evil DOES come out its probably far more evil then say someone who is evil most of the time anyway.

quoted for thruth. I find that if I deal with emotions no matter how bad I tend to control the more negative side a little better.

This is made tougher by the fact that ESXJ's seem to think that any time anyone is around is not a good time to be emotional. Which makes it vary hard to open up and get that stuff out.

Yes but the fact that people say this to me means that - like you said - it is probably more noticable or extreme in me than in most people

I took that test, and I came out 50 on the male side of the scale.
I scored strongest in empathizing and systemizing.
Pretty average on the male scale elsewhere.

Systemizing makes sense because I am mechanically inclined and love working on cars and fixing things that are broken.
I rarely need to read directions when assembling something because the peices all fall together in my head visually.

Your systemizing score is: 19 out of 20
Average score for men: 12.5 out of 20
Average score for women: 8.0 out of 20

What does your result suggest?

Systemizers prefer to investigate how systems work. A system can be a road map, flat pack furniture, or a mathematical equation

I use to, and I probably still would if I fully engaged my feelings. I've learned to let things go and be more ok when something doesn't sit right with me. I was lucky that this rage was pointed out to me at a young age, in a caring way. I've worked hard to recognize that feeling swelling up in me and being able to release it in a healthy way. I do still feel it at times, so I guess I can say yes, but I am much better at handling it.

Actually just thinking about it right now has made me feel it a bit haha.

Mostly what activates it is betrayal.

As straight INFJ males, do you feel that you fit well into the male stereotype, and if not how so?

For the most part.
The only time it is questioned is when I express my lack of interest in sports such as football.

I used to have more of a rage problem until I completed an anger management course.
A daily dose of Wellbutrin helps keep me on an even keel too.
grinning-smiley-001.gif

Do you feel you fit the male stereotype?

Around here, the male stereotype is Sports Fanatic/Bar Regular. I don't visit bars as I don't really like the atmosphere, and most televised sports I don't care for unless I'm participating in them. So no I don't in that regard. However, I can be prone to stubbornness(Which seems to be common among males), but that's something common in INFJs anyways. I'm into machines, tech, and like to work out sometimes. So I guess it depends on what you qualify as the male stereotype.

Yes.

I feel an intense amount of energy swell up in every area of my body, struggling to be released. Think stressed people with high amounts of adrenaline.

There are two things that I've seen cause it in myself. Displaying cruelty, or extreme disrespect for others. The second is when someone tries to get me to go against one of my core values. I'll tend to leave though to prevent it from causing rage.

For some reason this conversation makes me feel like a song is in order...

YouTube- The Lumberjack Song

I dunno, talkin about the visual appearance of a straight man just made me think of this Monty Python skit. One of my very good friends is gay, and you would never ever consider it just by looking at his appearance.

Oh MYYYYY! I haven't seen that is forever! I laughed so much my side aches. Thanks for posting.

I hope you don't mind if a female is reading this thread.
This post is exactly how I've been my whole life. When it comes to standing up for the underdog or downtrodden I tend to throw caution to the wind and stand up to the bastards ready to fight. LOL

This guy was one of my biggest heroes and role models, and probably one of the best on screen examples of an INFJ.

The term 'Inferior' means the 4th cognitive function in the set (also referred to as Anima or Animus), not 'inferior' in a literal sense. For INFJs, this is Ni > Fe > Ti > Se.

Inferior (or Animus) functions are considered to be the parts of ourselves that deal with difficult ideals, complements our dominant function (which is Ni), and is a cognitive backseat driver.

In the case of Se, that would apply to things like...

Last edited: