Richard Dawkins - ENTP? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Richard Dawkins - ENTP?

oooh yes. The female code for "cute if I like the person involved, but disgusting if I don't" that causes all sorts of middel/high school problems for men :D
Huh? :(
sigh...
Today is just not my day

Dawkins broadcasts his ideas effectively and he's not afraid to do so in person, so he's probably an "E." He's certainly not an "S." He's definitely a "T"--indeed he may not possess an ounce of "F." So, it comes down to whether he's a "P" or a "J", i.e., an ENTP or an ENTJ. Which of the two, I can't tell. The man is brilliant but hardly a diplomat.

I dunno, I like him though.

I like him too, some of his ideas are really interesting. Norton's right though, the man's no diplomat - he sometimes comes across as quite arrogant.

You sure you have Fe anywhere in your functions?
He definitely has Fe, but it is tertiary/relief role. Typically an individual is quite comfortable using the third function but does so in a rather childish manner that can make others uncomfortable. A user of childish Fe focuses on social structure but thinks that the self should be at the apex of this structure. Such an individual typically wants to be liked by everyone, but can also revel in being reviled as being the center of attention is what is seen as really important. Tertiary Fe is largely responsible for Narcissism.

He definitely has Fe, but it is tertiary/relief role. Typically an individual is quite comfortable using the third function but does so in a rather childish manner that can make others uncomfortable. A user of childish Fe focuses on social structure but thinks that the self should be at the apex of this structure. Such an individual typically wants to be liked by everyone, but can also revel in being reviled as being the center of attention is what is seen as really important. Tertiary Fe is largely responsible for Narcissism.
Maybe F should be changed to M, stands for Myself.

A user of childish Fe focuses on social structure but thinks that the self should be at the apex of this structure. Such an individual typically wants to be liked by everyone, but can also revel in being reviled as being the center of attention is what is seen as really important. Tertiary Fe is largely responsible for Narcissism.

So what does it mean when a person is happy to be liked but indifferent enough to being disliked for her to make little to no effort not to be?

Being reviled sounds like an enormous hassle.

So what does it mean when a person is happy to be liked but indifferent enough to being disliked for her to make little to no effort not to be?

Being reviled sounds like an enormous hassle.
Especially since it can go the wrong way and earn you admiration from other nasty people.

Dawkins broadcasts his ideas effectively and he's not afraid to do so in person, so he's probably an "E." He's certainly not an "S." He's definitely a "T"--indeed he may not possess an ounce of "F." So, it comes down to whether he's a "P" or a "J", i.e., an ENTP or an ENTJ. Which of the two, I can't tell. The man is brilliant but hardly a diplomat.

He prefers the argument rather than the conclusion. P.

When I saw the title of the thread, I instantly agreed with the typing, althuogh I had never thought about it before ^^ Yes, he does seem a lot like an ENTP.

Intro and extra versions are all about how you get energy, not about how reclusive you are... Similarly, you cannot see a persons functions.

You do not understand MBTI, go back to start and do not collect $200.

He's argumentative, challenges preconceived perceptions and ideals, ruthlessly blunt, loves to publicly debate and goes after targets everyone else thinks are too powerful, and he appears gleeful in the amount of hatemail he gets.

Introvert and extravert in MBTI tend to correlate with introvert and extrovert in the typical sense of the word. If his first function is introverted, It's completely possible that I might not see it and see the auxiliary extroverted function instead. So, what exactly makes you think he is surely an ENTP, I don't have a lot of knowledge on him.

He prefers the argument rather than the conclusion. P.

Interesting point. You may be right. But, what happens when there is no real conclusion to an argument, such as in the great questions of life (theology, politics, etc.)? These are the questions that are most difficult to answer (if they are answerable at all) yet the ones about which most people seem the most convinced one way or another. Certainty where there is no certainty.

Interesting point. You may be right. But, what happens when there is no real conclusion to an argument, such as in the great questions of life (theology, politics, etc.)? These are the questions that are most difficult to answer (if they are answerable at all) yet the ones about which most people seem the most convinced one way or another. Certainty where there is no certainty.

TJ's will tend to avoid those questions. If there cannot be a logical conclusion then it's best to focus your efforts elsewhere.

This is where Dawkins differs as he enjoys the constant bickering back and forth. This is a very TP like attitude. Hell even I get caught up in it sometimes.

TJ's enjoy the getting there, TP's enjoy the ride.

TP's start the questions, TJ's finish the answers.

TJ's will tend to avoid those questions. If there cannot be a logical conclusion then it's best to focus your efforts elsewhere.

This is where Dawkins differs as he enjoys the constant bickering back and forth. This is a very TP like attitude. Hell even I get caught up in it sometimes.

TJ's enjoy the getting there, TP's enjoy the ride.

TP's start the questions, TJ's finish the answers.

Makes sense.

I don't know, when he's in front of a crowd or a camera he appears to be an extrovert. However it's not all that hard to be extroverted when needed or wanted.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaGgpGLxLQw&feature=search"]I can't help it! this was hilarious[/ame]

Maybe an ENTP or ENTJ. Maybe J...he seems to set on one thing for a P and kind of more aggressive (I'm not sure though as male ENTPs are probably different to myself).