Presidential candidate discussion for 2016 | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

Presidential candidate discussion for 2016

I did some looking and all of the articles I read where Trump apparently said we need to kill ISIS families he never said kill.

“We’re fighting a very politically correct war,” Trump observed. “And the other thing with the terrorists – you have to take out their families. When you get these terrorists, you have to take out their families! They care about their lives, don’t kid yourselves. They say they don’t care about their lives. But you have to take out their families.”

Just for you who have said other candidates or Presidents have not used violent rhetoric before.

"If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun." - Obama

So when Trump uses an idiomatic phrase that means to kill someone you dismiss it as something else entirely without justification:

take someone out

1. to date someone. I hope he'll take me out soon. She wanted to take out her guest for the evening.

2. to block out a player in football. You take Joe out and I'll carry the ball. Who was supposed to take out that huge guy?'

3. Sl. to kill someone. (Underworld.) Mr. Gutman told Lefty to take Max out. One more word out of you, and I'm going to take you out.

But when Obama uses a metaphor of violence to represent conflict, then it becomes literal?

How do you take yourself seriously? This is some of the most absurdly ridiculous nonsense I've ever heard before.

[video=youtube;drWh6vBa45k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drWh6vBa45k[/video]

So when Trump uses an idiomatic phrase that means to kill someone you dismiss it as something else entirely without justification:

But when Obama uses a metaphor of violence to represent conflict, then it becomes literal?

How do you take yourself seriously? This is some of the most absurdly ridiculous nonsense I've ever heard before.

Out of context. Two different posts. One was in response to people saying that Obama has never used violent rhetoric. The other I was noting how many articles said that Trump said "Kill" though he never used that word.

Make it sound in your head however you like so that you can sleep at night.

“Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.”

― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

How fun would it be if it was a public service that every citizen was expected to be President for a day? You know kind of like jury duty.

Out of context. Two different posts. One was in response to people saying that Obama has never used violent rhetoric. The other I was noting how many articles said that Trump said "Kill" though he never used that word.

You taking things 'out of context' doesn't mean a thing. Trump not using the exact word 'kill' doesn't in any way, shape, or form detract from the fact that the phrase still means 'to kill'.

You trying to turn Obama's use of a metaphor to somehow constitute 'violent rhetoric' is equally stupid.

You can justify it to yourself however you want to make yourself sleep better at night, but I will bet that nobody agrees with you on either of these ridiculous notions.

Reactions: acd

I should clarify, my point was that he didn't use violent rhetoric to whip his supporters into a frenzy against opposition. Anyway, there really is no comparing your Obama quote to the things Trump has said and done in recent days and weeks. But anyway. I'm just glad to see a few posts back that you admitted that Trump is crazy and you can't in good conscience vote for him. I really don't care if you like or dislike Obama or if you are right about Obama sucking. I have no interest in defending Obama to anyone. So that's all I will say about that.

You taking things 'out of context' doesn't mean a thing. Trump not using the exact word 'kill' doesn't in any way, shape, or form detract from the fact that the phrase still means 'to kill'.

You trying to turn Obama's use of a metaphor to somehow constitute 'violent rhetoric' is equally stupid.

You can justify it to yourself however you want to make yourself sleep better at night, but I will bet that nobody agrees with you on either of these ridiculous notions.

You completely ignored what I said deliberately and with intent. As I said, twist the world into some skewed version of the truth so that you can be right, sleep at night or whatever.
I can forgive misunderstanding but I will not forgive embraced ignorance. You are now blocked.

I should clarify, my point was that he didn't use violent rhetoric to whip his supporters into a frenzy against opposition. Anyway, there really is no comparing your Obama quote to the things Trump has said and done in recent days and weeks. But anyway. I'm just glad to see a few posts back that you admitted that Trump is crazy and you can't in good conscience vote for him. I really don't care if you like or dislike Obama or if you are right about Obama sucking. I have no interest in defending Obama to anyone. So that's all I will say about that.

Really my post concerning Obama was more aimed at something [MENTION=14199]brightmoon[/MENTION] had said concerning him. That he never used violent rhetoric in reference to what Trump was doing or something along those lines. I was simply showing that he has.

Also, I never said Trump is "crazy" I never used the word to describe him specifically. I did say I cannot vote for him.

I wouldnt say that Trump is crazy because I think he knows exactly what he is doing.

53790216.jpg

You completely ignored what I said deliberately and with intent. As I said, twist the world into some skewed version of the truth so that you can be right, sleep at night or whatever.
I can forgive misunderstanding but I will not forgive embraced ignorance. You are now blocked.

I never took anything you said out of context. You took things out of context and I placed them back into context so I suppose that is a misuse of your idiocy, but whatever. I'll not be losing sleep over being blocked by a moron.

Really my post concerning Obama was more aimed at something @brightmoon had said concerning him. That he never used violent rhetoric in reference to what Trump was doing or something along those lines. I was simply showing that he has.

Also, I never said Trump is "crazy" I never used the word to describe him specifically. I did say I cannot vote for him.

I wouldnt say that Trump is crazy because I think he knows exactly what he is doing.
That's right. You said "Crazy world" back there. Anyway.

Last edited:
#NeverTrump #OpTrump

[video=youtube;Vi9R2qpmMz4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi9R2qpmMz4[/video]

[video=youtube;MjcD4ZBagZA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjcD4ZBagZA[/video]

Reactions: rawr
Candidates in a single meme:

Trump:
Screen-Shot-2015-09-08-at-10-compressed-563x330.jpg

Sanders:
scandamerica.jpg

Hillary:
66394465.jpg