Personal philosophy | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Personal philosophy

Great art (in my opinion) is often made by those who hurt, often times they hurt greatly. .

This is very true. I have not figured out exactly why, as I have not put much thought into it. Nevertheless, just the surface idea of it makes pretty clear sense.

Maybe because that kind of pain opens us up to something greater inside, or connects us to the unseen, opens a valve on creativity, and takes us away from the every dayness of life (sometimes the very drama or routine that deadens creativity)? Maybe the intensity of it also begs for an intensity in expression... I'm not sure either, just some thoughts.

If at first you don't succeed, come back with greater force and stronger resolve.

Reactions: Ketsugi
"Anything you'll do, to achieve your ends, that will achieve them with the greatest efficiency while retaining your standards should be done".

What you see is what you get. (Particularly as it pertains to people)

Patience, persistence, and perseverance.

"Do unto others....." First and formost, I'm sure this is one most INFJ's subscribe to.

"Solum Amour Fatum Devinco Malus"--Only Love Will Conquer Hate. It's on my tatoo.

"Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do."--John Wooden. This is basically saying be yourself and be proud of it.

Lastly, is to continually develop my mind and search for deeper meanings in people and myself.

Live by the scout oath and law as best as I can:
On my Honor
I will do my best
To do my duty
To God and country
To obey the Scout Law
To help other people at all times
To keep myself:
Physically strong
Mentally awake
And morally strait

A Scout is, Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean and Reverent.

and to go with the law a quote from my boss from my time as a camp counselor:
What is the most important word in the scout law? Is it Trustworthy? Kind? Brave? No it is is. Because you are not sometimes those twelve things but rather, you ARE those twelve things.

It's been over a year since my last scouting function and those still give me chills.

"Don't be an ass today, you don't know who's ass you have to kiss tomorrow"

Guess it's a twist of the golden rule ;)

"Ask a stupid question and be stupid for a little while, don't ask the question and be stupid for an eternity"

Or something like that

:m177:

decus officium fortitudo

never grow up

your honour is your life. let none dispute it

enjoy life. You only live once.

do what you want 'cos you want not 'cos others tell you to do it.

If you only try hitting the moon, youll never hit a star.
But if you always try hitting a star, the moon will be a lot easier to hit

Last edited:
"To thine own self be true." - William Shakespeare