Nela

Community Member
Jul 21, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
What is your own personal philosophy?

Is there anything (a saying, a quote, something of your own..) that you live by?

there are a few quotes I go by:

"the greatest oak is a nut who held its ground"
"I do not ask for a lighter burden but for broader shoulders"
"do no harm"
"a robbed that smiles steals something from the thief"
and the cliche "everything happens for a reason"

Mine is in my signature.

Suffering is art

hm, I have a bunch of little personal philosophies and such like:
The Golden Rule: "treat others the way you would like to be treated"
"live life with open ears, open eyes and an open heart"
"never stop being curious about the world"
"where there's a will, there's a way"
"there's only one way to go when you fall in a hole: up"

We have control of what we think, so don't allow what you think (however tempting) to control you.

Last edited:
No matter how bad life gets, we have all the tools within ourselves to turn things around.

accept your life as it is, the bad and the good thinks
only then you can live it at the fullest
accept yourself as you are
only then you are able to love the rest
and live in connection with the deepest of yourself and life itself

Life is too important to take seriously.

and

Eric Hoffer:
The remarkable thing is that we really love our neighbor as ourselves: we do unto others as we do unto ourselves. We hate others when we hate ourselves. We are tolerant toward others when we tolerate ourselves. We forgive others when we forgive ourselves. We are prone to sacrifice others when we are ready to sacrifice ourselves.​

Life sucks, and then you die

Live simply, do quality work that is not rushed, avoid waste, live below your means, and keep a reserve. Set aside a substantial portion of your time for leisure.

Make time for silence. Adopt a thoughtful rhythm to your work and life.

Therefore every man has perfect freedom, provided he emancipate himself from mundane desires.

Be not simply good; be good for something.

The processes of life co-exist with the processes of death. Good health and life itself, are temporary.

Society is a contrived reality. Expediency is valued; Truth is not.

Give me a wildness whose glance, no civilization can endure.

Through suffering, comes awareness.

I dwell in possibility.

Listen, watch, and learn.

My own philosophy on life has been changing a bit after taking an online test. It would be premature to talk about it without doing some more thinking, but I'll try to explain it when I understand more about it.

Happiness is paramount.

A healthy mind is important. It must be fed with a proper diet. My diet most likely is different from almost everyone else's diet. When my mind hungers for the food it warrants to be healthy, I am happy. When I allow distractions to get in the way of my mental health, I question my reasonings. Part of my mind's reasonings is to put others first. I sometimes question if certain others have been placed in my path to alter my vision of life negatively to my own hurt. I have lost much of my personal happiness from such incidental things,
but try to learn from the experiences as best I can. My desire to succeed in worldly things has somewhat diminished over the past decade or two. My mind, heart, and soul are of much more importance to me the older I get.
It is the "putting away of childish things" that seems to defy happiness, yet brings contentment to my soul the older I get. I came into this world naked with nothing and am readying myself to leave the same way. I hope to have touched a life here and there along my path in a positive manner, but yearn to meet people that would understand me easier and better. That seems to be a hopeless cause, so I have tried to get accustomed to just being different. Treating others the way I would have them treat me is important, but I would rather I could treat them divinely if at all possible. I have accepted my failures and am trying to correct the things I can with what time I have left. If the distractions would go away or become much less I would attempt a book that few would most likely read. It would, however, bring me much joy knowing I tried.

Treat others the way you want to be treated (I stick to this religiously).

Let nothing, go un-analyzed.

Follow your bliss
You are the creator of your own reality
Believe in yourself
When people tell you something about themselves, believe them the first time
We are the ones we've been waiting for. Love the world into change.
You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think

Last edited:
I'm just curious, how can suffering be an art?
Sorry I missed this 'til now.
I guess more-of what I mean is that behind all art is suffering and in all suffering is the bedrock of art. Great art (in my opinion) is often made by those who hurt, often times they hurt greatly. I'm not trying to say that starving children is beautiful, rather what they do with their suffering can be turned into art.

Hope that clears it up a little.