"Official" MBTI test. | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

"Official" MBTI test.

I'm still well and truly on the Fi emo darkside though.

Not sure how long this will stay up (and it'll probably be yoinked, just saying)...but if you ever wanted to take the official MBTI test from the booklet, this poster is giving you the chance.

Hurry, before it's gone! And hopefully they won't get sued.

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-official-myersbriggs-personality-test

Me: INFJ
3 Extraversion, 18 Introversion, 1 Sensing, 25 Intuition, 10 Thinking, 14 Feeling, 15 Judging and 7 Perceiving! (What surprised me was the high level of N. I usually don't test that high on Intuition - I usually have more sensory stuff mixed in there. You folks must be rubbing off on me. :p The rest I totally agree with).

You can also determine your Preference Clarity Category, that is, how consistently you prefer one pole of a dichotomy over the other.

If E or I is between 11-13, preference is SLIGHT
If E or I is between 14-16, preference is MODERATE
If E or I is between 17-19, preference is CLEAR
If E or I is between 20-21, preference is VERY CLEAR

If S or N is between 13-15, preference is SLIGHT
If S or N is between 16-20, preference is MODERATE
If S or N is between 21-24, preference is CLEAR
If S or N is between 25-26, preference is VERY CLEAR

If T or F is between 12-14, preference is SLIGHT
If T or F is between 15-18, preference is MODERATE
If T or F is between 19-22, preference is CLEAR
If T or F is between 23-24, preference is VERY CLEAR

If J or P is between 11-13, preference is SLIGHT
If J or P is between 14-16, preference is MODERATE
If J or P is between 17-19, preference is CLEAR
If J or P is between 20-21, preference is VERY CLEAR

This test keeps asking the same three questions over and over, it's way too simple. Without testing on your reactions or preferences given certain scenarios, how acurate can this be?

This test keeps asking the same three questions over and over, it's way too simple. Without testing on your reactions or preferences given certain scenarios, how acurate can this be?

I didn't create it, but according to the poster on OK Cupid this is the "official" MBTI test - the same one you'd pay for. If the test seems off, it's his fault. :D I don't have any reason to doubt it's authenticity, but it's been twenty years since I took the official test and it might have changed since then.

All I can tell you is, from what I remember the official MBTI does sound pretty similar to this, if this isn't exactly it.

And there lies the question: Is it valid, or isn't it? Von has some really good insights if you're not sure if this tests for you accurately or not - he's really gifted at interpreting this stuff.

Last edited:
I agree it's the same questions over and over, so I have a preference for ideas over facts and all of a sudden I'm a massive intutive.

The thing is it entirely depends on which facts and which ideas we're talking about.

I agree it's the same questions over and over, so I have a preference for ideas over facts and all of a sudden I'm a massive intutive.

The thing is it entirely depends on which facts and which ideas we're talking about.

Aye, I had the same problem with all four axes (most notably I-E). I think I've seen better variety in most of the free versions, in fact.

*Nod* Although I think it's the way the questions are asked, to be fair. This is the kind of test where you almost have to imagine what was going on in the test maker's brain as you take it - imagining what s/he thought was right for you.

It really comes down to knowing who you are. The more you really honestly know yourself and can answer honestly, usually the more accurate the answers. But that's the problem, isn't it? We won't necessarily answer the same way on each question 100% of the time, or we have different interpretations of the question.

Which is why, admittedly, the MBTI is a flawed test. It relies on you to be perfect and to intuit what the test taker meant by certain questions.

<DISCLAIMER> I got up earlier than I wanted to, so I'm a bit grumpy. </DISCLAIMER>

I scored INTJ. But the test wasn't really designed to measure cognitive functions - it was designed to attempt to discover where you fall on the I vs E, N vs S, F vs T, and J vs P axes. But cognitivie functions will cover both ends of each axes - that's why if you've got Ni you've also got Se.

I'm INFJ, but the test kept asking if I'd go with my heart over my head. I've done that before, and found my head is more reliable. It really is a dumb idea to just give in to any random impulse you have, but the OkCupid test implies that sort of acting is F. It's not. F is abstract decision making, and T is more concrete.

Same with I vs E - it's really a question of internal vs external. Not so much the "classic" definitions of introvert or extravert. If I was a pure introvert, I wouldn't have (or at least wouldn't utilize) any extraverted functions. There goes Fe...

I like organization, just not being bound to other people's schedules. I also don't mind being around people unless they are hindering progress on something that I want to get done, but there was only one question about the "draining" versus "energizing," and a boatload of questions just asking how much I talk around other people and things like that.
The test has it all wrong! :m106:

*trudges off to study Jungian functions*

Agreed. The test is borked.

*Nod* Although I think it's the way the questions are asked, to be fair. This is the kind of test where you almost have to imagine what was going on in the test maker's brain as you take it - imagining what s/he thought was right for you.

^ This.

::shrug:: I don't really give a rip anymore. I'm Nickey and that's really quite awesome enough, I'd say.

I don't understand how you are more or less content with having different results. I would go NUTS if I didn't have consistent results.

Sounds like Bored Now has given preference to her Perception functions, while IndigoSensor has given preference to his Judging functions on this one. :)

I must have misunderstood something in there, because I'm pretty sure that extraversion is way too low. I know I'm more introverted than extraverted but not that wide a gulf. Care to take a crack at it, Von Hase?

You're both. See my rant in this post.

INFP

0 Extraversion, 21 Introversion, 13 Sensing, 13 Intuition, 3 Thinking, 21 Feeling, 6 Judging and 16 Perceiving!
Introverted Feeling with Extraverted Intuition

I'm pretty new to all this. I sometimes find it confusing.

What's it all mean? :m133: :eek:hwell:
Calculations are as follows:

INFJ: Ni Fe Ti Se
(N + T) / I = (13 + 3) / 21 = 16 / 21 = 0.76
(F + S) / E = (21 + 13) / 0 = 34 / 0 ~ HUGE

INFP: Ne Fi Te Si
(N + T) / E = (13 + 3) / 0 = 16 / 0 ~ HUGE
(F + S) / I = (21 + 13) / 21 = 34 / 21 = 1.62

As 1.62 is closer to HUGE than 0.76 is, this suggets you're INFP. But that's assuming the test has validity, which I doubt. Take this - and other - tests multiple times, read up lots on INFJ vs INFP (we've got more than one thread dedicated to that around here somewheres). Ultimately, you are the person best able to decide.

Milon, he said he's new to this. He's not trying to calculate the usage of with his cognitive functions, he doesnt even know what "Introverted Feeling" means...

http://www.typelogic.com/infp.html

Functions like Fi (introverted feeling) are usually what our brain uses to filter information that comes in from the outside world, in order to make sense of it.

Milon, he said he's new to this. He's not trying to calculate the usage of with his cognitive functions, he doesnt even know what "Introverted Feeling" means...

http://www.typelogic.com/infp.html

Functions like Fi (introverted feeling) are usually what our brain uses to filter information that comes in from the outside world, in order to make sense of it.

This can be some deep stuff. I find it fascinating.
Thanks!
:pop2:

It's not. That's what I've been saying all along. The principles it is based on are especially accurate, but as an instrument unto itself, the MBTI is not an especially accurate instrument. By my experience, it mistypes between half and 2/3 or the time.

But... when it mistypes, it's usually closer than not.

I'm not giving up my S card that easily! :D

This particular version seems to have a high degree of bias toward N. I looked at the results of other users on okcupid, and there were almost no S types. That's statistically impossible, considering 85-90% of the population are S types.

I took it again.

ENFJ

14 Extraversion, 7 Introversion,

2 Sensing, 24 Intuition,

5 Thinking, 19 Feeling,

12 Judging and 10 Perceiving!

Extroverted Feeling with Introverted Intuition

Approximately 2.4% of persons in the United States are ENFJs.

Summary:
Warm, empathetic, responsive, and responsible. Highly attuned to the emotions, needs, and motivations of others. Find potential in everyone, want to help others fulfill their potential. May act as catalysts for individual and group growth. Loyal, responsive to praise and criticism. Sociable, facilitate others in a group, and provide inspiring leadership.

At Their Best
People with ENFJ preferences are highly attuned to others, using empathy to quickly understand emotional needs, motivations, and concerns. Their focus is on supporting others and encouraging their growth.
ENFJs are friendly persuaders who can often build consensus among people whose interests and motives are quite diverse. They often act as catalysts, including everyone and drawing out the best in others. They can be inspiring leaders as well as loyal followers.

Characteristics of ENFJs
ENFJs base decisions on personal values. They use their Feeling primarily externally, radiating warmth and energy. They look for and find the best in others and prize harmony and cooperation. They are warmed by approval, responding with energy and devotion, and are especially sensitive to criticism or tensions. ENFJs are likely to be

Heheh I'm afraid to take more because sometimes I get ENFP, which is dandy, but I don't think I feel as comfortable around ENFPs as I do with INFJs. I'm such a borderline kid...

Last edited:
INFP

Idealistic, loyal to their values and to people who are important to them. Want an external life that is congruent with their values. Curious, quick to see possibilities, can be catalysts for implementing ideas. Seek to understand people and to help them fulfill their potential. Adaptable, flexible, and accepting unless a value is threatened.

18 on Introversion
22 on Intuition
21 on Feeling
20 on Perceiving

INFJ

0 Extraversion, 21 Introversion, 0 Sensing, 26 Intuition, 0 Thinking, 24 Feeling, 13 Judging and 9 Perceiving!

[FONT=&quot]INFJ[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]0 Extraversion, 21 Introversion, 2 Sensing, 24 Intuition, 3 Thinking, 21 Feeling, 22 Judging and 0 Perceiving!
[/FONT]

I usually score a lot higher on Sensing. I must be in an N mood today.

[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

INtP

You scored 21 on Introversion, higher than 91% of your peers. VERY CLEAR

You scored 25 on Intuition, higher than 84% of your peers. VERY CLEAR

You scored 13 on Thinking, higher than 54% of your peers-You scored 11 on Feeling, higher than 42% of your peers. (INXP) SLIGHT

You scored 21 on Perceiving, higher than 90% of your peers. VERY CLEAR

INFJ
4 Extraversion, 17 Introversion, 5 Sensing, 21 Intuition, 4 Thinking, 20 Feeling, 14 Judging and 8 Perceiving

INFJ

9 Extraversion, 12 Introversion, 0 Sensing, 25 Intuition, 7 Thinking, 17 Feeling, 14 Judging and 8 Perceiving!

Slight Introversion
Very Clear Intuition
Moderate Feeling
Moderate Judging