Obama's speech | INFJ Forum

Obama's speech

krooler

Community Member
Oct 4, 2009
MBTI
INXX
Even though I am not a US citizen and not part of what brought Obama to the power, I will state that I am damn proud to walk this Earth in the same times as him (and his speech writer). I just watched it live on CNN and I was at times almost crying and I was clapping along! I'm inspired.

((Personal opinion ofc... I know it's probably touchy subject and no offence intended))

edit: Oh, and I do not mean the part about the war... I mean the second part.

Last edited:
you want a link to the speech or what do you mean? I've no idea where to find that...

Bah, he was totally lying through his teeth when he said we (America) aren't occupying forces in Afghanistan.

Lots of promises, very flowery, all sound pretty on paper, but look where we are now, almost everything of what he has promised has not been fulfilled.

Last edited:
Have you noticed that everyone is getting hyped up over Obama's promise to bring some troops home in 2011, but no one seems to notice that he wants to send something like 6000 more over there in a couple months? I dunno, seems like the overseas US force is INcreasing, not DEcreasing...

Reactions: acd
Too bad you can't be a great leader on charisma alone. :sad:

Why not bring all the troops back now?

Idealism aside, Obama has had to face some difficult realities. He inherited a mess. The post war effort was managed horribly by the Bush administration, and it is not like Obama can wave a magic wand and make everything instantly stable enough overseas to bring troops home. If we really do not care what happens to Afghanistan, then we could probably do it, but just leaving it at this point is practically offering it to the drug lords and Taliban on a silver platter.

Point two, Obama has not even been in office a full year. As a gay person, I know firsthand how many promises he has pushed aside, but the reality is that he does have a full plate. Health care reform was his top priority; he stated as much in the election, and he is following through with it. I would say we have to wait at least another year to know how well Obama is doing, but you can't effectively judge a president in real time.

Reactions: Moxie
Idealism aside, Obama has had to face some difficult realities. He inherited a mess. The post war effort was managed horribly by the Bush administration, and it is not like Obama can wave a magic wand and make everything instantly stable enough overseas to bring troops home. If we really do not care what happens to Afghanistan, then we could probably do it, but just leaving it at this point is practically offering it to the drug lords and Taliban on a silver platter.

Point two, Obama has not even been in office a full year. As a gay person, I know firsthand how many promises he has pushed aside, but the reality is that he does have a full plate. Health care reform was his top priority; he stated as much in the election, and he is following through with it. I would say we have to wait at least another year to know how well Obama is doing, but you can't effectively judge a president in real time.

Excellent points.

Further proves to me that he is just the "perfect" eloquent speaker. It scares me, and has scared me since day one.

Reactions: dneecey
Further proves to me that he is just the "perfect" eloquent speaker. It scares me, and has scared me since day one.

True that. Perfect speech - especially from such a charismatic person - always puts me on my guard.

Obama is a joke. He makes Bush look like a brilliant tactician.

True that. Perfect speech - especially from such a charismatic person - always puts me on my guard.

haha this is scary but after he spoke that day I had a dream he was the ''antichrist'' quite scary actually..stupid eloquent speeches.

Last edited:
Reactions: bamf
Obama is a joke. He makes Bush look like a brilliant tactician.

Ha ha ha I don't know if that is possible. Just sayin'.

I don't know enough about the way economics and war work to comment on Obama's viewpoints.

I know that I dislike war, though. I think society should advance in openmindedness more than science should advance in weaponry. I don't feel as though the nations are reponsible enough to have such destructive means.

You believe America politicians. How funny.

I've had the exact same reservations. There's something "not right" about him and his administration.

But hey, I'm sitting up here in good ol' Canada, shaking my head from afar.