Obama as president, how is he doing | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Obama as president, how is he doing

How is Obama's presidency so far in your opinion?

• He's doing good

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • He's doing bad

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • He's doing all right

Votes: 12 50.0%

• Total voters
Unfortunately, no. Apologizing shows weakness. Terrorists don't respect weakness. Therefore, him apologizing for the country makes him look weak.

You know what terrorists don't respect? You blowing their families up in a show of strength, just for the perceived vision of you.

Apologising makes him look smart and empathetic. He's in charge of the most powerful military machine on earth, looking intelligent and empathetic isn't going to hurt.

I dunno. I kind of don't think it would have much mattered which way we would have voted -- I mean, it definitely would have in terms of policies, but I don't think either were really qualified. I think we probably would have bumble through this presidency no matter what.

Unfortunately, no. Apologizing shows weakness. Terrorists don't respect weakness. Therefore, him apologizing for the country makes him look weak.

What makes you say this?

After Bush left office the US was in such a bad position it'll take at least a decade to get out of it. Obama only has 8 years, he's doing the absolute best he can to try stop the US from toppling over.

It's getting back on its feet. He's doing great.

After Bush left office the US was in such a bad position it'll take at least a decade to get out of it. Obama only has 8 years, he's doing the absolute best he can to try stop the US from toppling over.

It's getting back on its feet. He's doing great.

Bush actually gave a lot of money to Africa through the UN, though the UN stole a lot of this money, part of the reason why we are in this recession.

It's 4 years by the way, not 8.

We are showing weakness, and no country likes that. Ronald Reagan ended the cold war by saying that we'll stop them and how we will be strong.

Again, this is just in my opinion, you can agree or disagree with me. I ask you not to hate me just b/c of my political opinion.

if he gets elected again, it's a total of eight years in office. that's what i meant. potential years in office.

My opinion has gone from neutral to negative. I'm skeptical about the need for bailouts, and his choice of treasury secretary Henry Paulson.

I was hoping for more progressivism, and instead I got a wishy-washy healthcare reform "plan" that merely solidified the far right against him.

From this quote alone I can tell you are YOUNG- without even looking at your age. But I think it is REALLY sad to see an INFJ that is so closed and emotionally stunted.
Apologizing does NOT show weakness- apologizing shows integrity and strength. It means you are able to admit your mistakes, face them and face the consequences of admitting to them

It seems that you are simply saying what you have been taught to believe. I hope you will seek out more sources for information.

I am not trying to offend you but I have to be honest.

If you can't see that America should have apologized for what we have done than you don't have a very developed moral code. And if you can't see the benefit of appealing to other countries in that way- well that is just stubborn.

This conversation is killing me.

Last edited:
If you can't see that America should have apologized for what we have done than you don't have a very developed moral code. And if you can't see the benefit of appealing to other countries in that way- well that is just stubborn and stupid.

I wouldnt say that. Just because you disagree with someone's moral code, doesn't mean it is any better or worse then yours. Mind you I don't agree with ilovethewind's opinion one single iota, but that dosen't make her wrong or have a bad moral code. It is simply what she believes.

I wouldnt say that. Just because you disagree with someone's moral code, doesn't mean it is any better or worse then yours. Mind you I don't agree with ilovethewind's opinion one single iota, but that dosen't make her wrong or have a bad moral code. It is simply what she believes.

It is not about disagreeing- it's not even about your opinion- it is about how you arrive at it.
And I never said it was better or worse- I said it was not developed.
I'm referring to Kohlberg's Stages of Moral Development.
She is at about stage 3 or 4 - whereas I am trying to be at stage 6 and am encouraging her to try for level 5.

If you aren't familiar with it- please go look it up.

Wrong. My moral code is better by virtue of it being mine.

I think this conversation has gone off track, and is now a little too personal for my tastes :/

Let's get back to a relevant point, please, and not be defensive about it.

I agree with the above post.

Exactly, like my best friend and I have way different opinions then each other when it comes to politics, but I still think she's a great person even though I don't agree with her with everything we talk about, that's okay.

Thank you IndigoSensor for saying that, and vice versa with everyone else also. We may agree on other things though, this just isn't one of them.

Keep in mind also that I'm only 16 years old also, maybe I still have a long ways to go, maybe I don't.

I'm very glad also that there has been no name calling and everyone has been respectful, I'm probably going to put a rule on that when it comes to this thread; be respectful.

And thank you everyone for not insulting the person themselves.

On Obama as an ENTP: He is absolutely an ENTP. It's almost clear as day to me, and I've been following his career closely for now nearly five years.

On his Presidency: He has done all right. By Bush year standards he's Jesus Christ, but I don't set the bar for the office that low. He has his good points and bad points. On the positive side, his overall views are about as much as I could hope for from a major US politician. (Energy reform, healthcare reform, no torture, supports civil unions, wants to end dont ask dont tell, doesnt support abstinence only education, ended federal raids on medical marijuana patients, etc.) On the negative side, everyone knew he was inexperienced, and that is showing. The entire handling of this healthcare debate may not be Carter-bad, but he's hardly showing a Lyndon Johnson-esque ability to get things done either.

On foreign policy: Very solid work. He is quickly helping to repair a world image that was trampled upon for the last 8 years by the previous administration. The entire educated world knows that it's wrong to torture. Not apologizing for such despicable acts isn't seen as "tough", it's seen as petulant, childish, stubborn and bullying. Apologizing shows maturity, depth of character, humility, and remorse. The terrorists aren't afraid of our words. They're afraid of our unmanned drones. The Obama/Clinton foreign policy team gets an A thus far from me.

On Obama as an ENTP: He is absolutely an ENTP. It's almost clear as day to me, and I've been following his career closely for now nearly five years.

On his Presidency: He has done all right. By Bush year standards he's Jesus Christ, but I don't set the bar for the office that low. He has his good points and bad points. On the positive side, his overall views are about as much as I could hope for from a major US politician. (Energy reform, healthcare reform, no torture, supports civil unions, wants to end dont ask dont tell, doesnt support abstinence only education, ended federal raids on medical marijuana patients, etc.) On the negative side, everyone knew he was inexperienced, and that is showing. The entire handling of this healthcare debate may not be Carter-bad, but he's hardly showing a Lyndon Johnson-esque ability to get things done either.

On foreign policy: Very solid work. He is quickly helping to repair a world image that was trampled upon for the last 8 years by the previous administration. The entire educated world knows that it's wrong to torture. Not apologizing for such despicable acts isn't seen as "tough", it's seen as petulant, childish, stubborn and bullying. Apologizing shows maturity, depth of character, humility, and remorse. The terrorists aren't afraid of our words. They're afraid of our unmanned drones. The Obama/Clinton foreign policy team gets an A thus far from me.

I like you

Wolf in sheep clothing

Better than your last guy, but still a politician (and FWIW I reckon he's an INFJ).

Ronald Reagan ended the cold war by saying that we'll stop them and how we will be strong.

Hmm, not really. As far as I understand it, how Reagan really helped bring about the end of the cold war was by outspending the Russians. The cost of keeping up with the US got so high that the Soviets simply couldn't afford to play the game anymore.

It was a pretty good strategy (though practically bankrupting Russia brought its own problems), but it had nothing to do with puffing your chest out and acting like the tough guy on campus. That stuff plays great with the chest-puffing, tough-guy-on-campus types back home, but on a larger scale all it does is piss people off, even your allies (something the Bush administration failed to understand).