Obama as president, how is he doing | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Obama as president, how is he doing

How is Obama's presidency so far in your opinion?

• He's doing good

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • He's doing bad

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • He's doing all right

Votes: 12 50.0%

• Total voters
Unfortunately, no. Apologizing shows weakness. Terrorists don't respect weakness. Therefore, him apologizing for the country makes him look weak.

Bingo, Jimmy Carter 2.0 Crying on TV, who got the hostages freed though? Oh right Ronald Reagan.

From this quote alone I can tell you are YOUNG- without even looking at your age. But I think it is REALLY sad to see an INFJ that is so closed and emotionally stunted.
Apologizing does NOT show weakness- apologizing shows integrity and strength. It means you are able to admit your mistakes, face them and face the consequences of admitting to them

It seems that you are simply saying what you have been taught to believe. I hope you will seek out more sources for information.

I am not trying to offend you but I have to be honest.

If you can't see that America should have apologized for what we have done than you don't have a very developed moral code. And if you can't see the benefit of appealing to other countries in that way- well that is just stubborn.

This conversation is killing me.

No, apologizing for your own personal actions is strength of character. Going overseas and dissing your countrymen makes you look like a crotch sniffer. Obama is rightfully slipping fast in the polls because he is utterly inept. his attempt to take us form the frying pan (Bush) into the fire (Obama) has not fallen on blind eyes.

Bingo, Jimmy Carter 2.0 Crying on TV, who got the hostages freed though? Oh right Ronald Reagan.

Um, no.

Members of the Iranian government at the time have gone on record numerous times as saying that it was Carter who negotiated the release of the hostages. But because Carter was on the way out there was nothing in it for the Iranians to let him get the credit, so they delayed the release until Reagan took power, hoping that it would help them get certain concessions from the US.

Billy said:
No, apologizing for your own personal actions is strength of character. Going overseas and dissing your countrymen makes you look like a crotch sniffer.

Speaking as someone from outside the US, this is not how the the vast majority of people in the UK saw it at all.

Last edited:
Carter negotiated for the hostages for years, and succeeded...right before he got out of office. Regan did very little for their release.

Apologizing does not show weakness -- it shows respect. You can apologize, but still have a great amount of fortitude. Grovelling, passiveness, etc. shows weakness. And sheer aggression or stubbornness doesn't necessarily show strength or, more obviously, wisdom, so I would not call that a better policy.

Obama is the first president we have had in a while who is gifted at diplomacy. He won't be able to fix everything, but has helped mend some of the negative PR the US has in the world.

Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, and Glen Beck who cries as much on camera as any evangelist, are really working everyone into an unreasoned hype. It is a kind of terrorism if you look at the irrational fears it is instilling. It is sad to see people afraid like a spooked herd of sheep over here. People think that introducing a public option for health insurance is a Nazi policy? They think there will be death panels to pull the plug on grandma? These soundbites are not in the reform bill, but are invented by news organizations that want ratings. The comments coming from the people in the town hall meetings over health care reform is a state of complete irrationality that I don't remember seeing for some time.

They also claim the U.S. health care is the best in the world, when it ranks 37th even though we spend twice as much as any developed nation. The money is within the system, but is currently exploited with 30 cents of every dollar going into the business of insurance. Right there is your money to provide healthcare to 30% of the population without access (currently it is about 20% of the population). The wealthy people can keep their money if health care is allowed to fully reform.

Last edited:

I guess you're not a big fan of JFK "backing down" during the Cuban missile crisis. You should be, because it probably saved the world.

I don't think Obama's progressive enough. I think he just try's to play it safe in everything he does and it's not gonna end up working for him or the country.
However, I do think he is a huge improvement from the last administration.

I guess you're not a big fan of JFK "backing down" during the Cuban missile crisis. You should be, because it probably saved the world.

Did JFK really appear to "back down" during the Crisis? As I understand it as far as the public were concerned his message was a pretty much unrelenting "Recall those ships or else." affair, all the negotiating and compromise went on behind the scenes.

Did JFK really appear to "back down" during the Crisis? As I understand it as far as the public were concerned his message was a pretty much unrelenting "Recall those ships or else." affair, all the negotiating and compromise went on behind the scenes.

I was referring to what was actually happening as opposed to what the public stance was to keep American morale high. He didn't bomb the facilities. He easily could have, and such a course of action was recommended by members of his national security team. He chose not to escalate the conflict, which is the natural progression of all belligerence.