MBTI MAKES NO SENSE | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

MBTI MAKES NO SENSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
No; you're really born with a preference.
Everyone is born with some disposition or another. But when you are young, you have many directions to go. The idea here is that you don't really have a type at that age.

I'm not trying to sound typist, but my intuition is leading me to believe that you carry a general belief that INFJs tend to believe (more so than other types) that people can't be any different than what they are. A true statement, but it implies that you actually know what they are. I'm sure it has a lot to do with thinking you know what they are.

All speculation aside, let's deal with facts: you don't know who anyone is entirely, so it is damn near pointless to tell someone they shouldn't pretend to be someone they're not.

As a P (specifically an INTP), there are many parts of me that is undefined. And there's no bias in those parts one way or another. And speaking from experience, I've done things that I thought that wasn't me, and I've become things that weren't me. I've defied many things in my past. I wear no mask for I have no face.

What I'm saying might not 100% apply to the current argument of type (especially since I'm arguing within my own type), but it's more addressing the idea that people aren't made of immutable stone.

Reactions: Gaze
Everyone is born with some disposition or another. But when you are young, you have many directions to go. The idea here is that you don't really have a type at that age.

I'm not trying to sound typist, but my intuition is leading me to believe that you carry a general belief that INFJs tend to believe (more so than other types) that people can't be any different than what they are. A true statement, but it implies that you actually know what they are. I'm sure it has a lot to do with thinking you know what they are.

All speculation aside, let's deal with facts: you don't know who anyone is entirely, so it is damn near pointless to tell someone they shouldn't pretend to be someone they're not.

As a P (specifically an INTP), there are many parts of me that is undefined. And there's no bias in those parts one way or another. And speaking from experience, I've done things that I thought that wasn't me, and I've become things that weren't me. I've defied many things in my past. I wear no mask for I have no face.

What I'm saying might not 100% apply to the current argument of type (especially since I'm arguing within my own type), but it's more addressing the idea that people aren't made of immutable stone.

Lol - I'm honestly not trying to say I know best; I'm sorry if it feels like I'm pushing too hard. But Jung specifically says type doesn't change and if anyone uses his model for their theories, they'll have to go with that. Now mind you, Jung used the perfect models and we can fit in between as far as strengths are concerned, but we're still not jumping to another type. We're just variances within our type.

It's a preference; you do what you prefer. If you don't like it, you won't stay there for long. It's natural.

I never said people can't figure out who they are - I welcome it. I think people should experiment and try things on for size, but I do feel eventually they'll figure out who they are. There is one type for everyone, but it doesn't mean everyone's arrived there. Look at some of my previous posts across the board - everything I've said has been "choose to explore." See who are. I can know in my head what I think someone is, but it's up to that individual to explore who they really are and come up with that conclusion for themselves. All I ask is that you're truly honest with who you are, and you don't try to force yourself to be someone you're not. If the shoe is too tight, try another pair!

I think we're saying the same things but in different ways. I'm saying type doesn't change, but I'm ALSO saying that it takes time to recognize who you are and you might be fluid in that transition. But eventually you'll figure out who you are and it'll all make sense.

The other thing is that at 20 years old (hate to break it to you) you are at a point where you are defining yourself as an adult. I always say that you could not pay me any amount of money to go back to those 18-25 years because it was such an introspective, heartwrenching time for me. I mean once you get past that "who am I, who do I want to be" crap life gets lots better but I didn't find any shortcuts.

MBTI makes sense to me as an introductory course in understanding one's personality from Jungian view. It is a simple tool among many other tools that we can use to navigate and make sense of our life and experience. I personally don't use to make sense or explain everything about my personality. Just being part of the forum you will see many MBTI types have similar characteristics but have very varied life experiences that shapes their attitudes and views on themselves and life. Hence in my opinion the small nuances and unique traits one picks up along their life experience cannot be represented by MBTI. It is still a great tool.

I personally found natal chart interepretation in Astrology much more individualized and unique to a personality.

Last edited:
I dont think anyone else on here is a ISTJ quite frankly.

Reactions: IndigoSensor
Maybe you're the only one on here NOT an ISTJ? :m062:

mbti has no merit I am glad you have figured this out on your own camper!!!

Reactions: Saru Inc
I dont think anyone else on here is a ISTJ quite frankly.
I was going to answer about how I'm ISTJ, but I just realized it's 18:48 and 32 seconds which means I need to clean my kitchen, living room and bathroom. I must remove at least 31.47 spiders, 3.05kg of dust and 12.315 ants in each room before I can go to the grocery (12.41km of my house) buy the food I need for the next 50 years.

Reactions: IndigoSensor
I don't know, Urteh. You don't come across as an ISTJ (or SJ) to me, but perhaps I could be a better judge of this if I knew you better.

How well do you feel you know yourself? The reason I ask this is because sometimes if we've lived in our shadow states for long enough, it can become easy to lose touch with our authentic selves and our non-shadow type.

The theory works, and from what I have seen you try to make MBTI into something that works for you, not what the theory is yourself. It's about the theory, and it can only be about the theory, which is why you run into problems. If you don't understand MBTI and think you could be all types then it's likely you just don't understand yourself well enough.

To me you are an EP to boot, no questions asked.

That's all I have to say on the matter.

Reactions: Saru Inc
I was going to answer about how I'm ISTJ, but I just realized it's 18:48 and 32 seconds which means I need to clean my kitchen, living room and bathroom. I must remove at least 31.47 spiders, 3.05kg of dust and 12.315 ants in each room before I can go to the grocery (12.41km of my house) buy the food I need for the next 50 years.

Fail. An ISTJ wouldnt have 'just realized' the time. He would know.

I'd guess, ESTP

I thought about that, I do love to exercise and my mom says I've always been a natural athlete. However, I've heard ESTPs hate talking "deep" or etc. And only want to live in the moment. And that's not me.

Edit: Maybe I am an estp? Hmmm, I'm reading this and a lot of it fits me quite well. Then again, so did INFJ, INFP, ENFP, ISTJ, and ESTP. I think the only ones that don't fit me are NTs and SFs. Lol.

"The ESTP does not trust their instincts, and is suspicious of other people's intuition as well." Makes very good sense, and it's what people have said about me as well.

Last edited:
I thought about that, I do love to exercise and my mom says I've always been a natural athlete. However, I've heard ESTPs hate talking "deep" or etc. And only want to live in the moment. And that's not me.

Edit: Maybe I am an estp? Hmmm, I'm reading this and a lot of it fits me quite well. Then again, so did INFJ, INFP, ENFP, ISTJ, and ESTP. I think the only ones that don't fit me are NTs and SFs. Lol.

"The ESTP does not trust their instincts, and is suspicious of other people's intuition as well." Makes very good sense, and it's what people have said about me as well.

What does the test say?

IDK. Everytime I take the test I get a different answer. I've never actually gotten estp, but then again I've never really answered it the way I'm supposed I think. I always try to figure it out first. Only thing is: I make quick rash judgements, and didn't someone say thats Fi? But ESTP has Fe. But I knew I had fe to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.