Maturity | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Maturity

See I am talking about me, and you are talking about your, neighbors? I don't see the connection.

What I do see is that every interaction you have had with me could be construed as a challenge..

You have expressed that you feel I am someone else who has been here before.

You do not seem interested in open discussion about anything with me.
Instead, I feel as though you are simply trying to extract some sort of a reaction out me
Why?

I cannot be responsible for your reactions???

I would prefer to stay on the topic of maturity, you are more than welcome to debate my arguments.

I cannot be responsible for your reactions???

I would prefer to stay on the topic of maturity, you are more than welcome to debate my arguments.
Funny thing is my friend. I didn't come here to "argue".
I came here to learn.
If you feel you have something to teach me,I am all ears.

But "arguing" is only going to put me up against the wall.

You have an agenda with me.
So why don't you just tell me why you don't trust me
and stop beating around the bush?

That would be the "mature" thing to do, no?

Last edited:
Funny thing is my friend. I didn't come here to "argue".
I came here to learn.
If you feel you have something to teach me,I am all ears.

But "arguing" is only going to put me up against the wall.

You have an agenda with me.
So why don't you just tell me why you don't trust me
and stop beating around the bush?

That would be the "mature" thing to do, no?

You are right, I apologize. We can discuss this privately via PM if you like.

Reactions: INFJesus
I think people have reached a point of maturity when they know who they are, have a particular set of values/ideals, and are still able to look at other peoples sides of the coin, regardless if they agree or not. Also, they know how, and when to share their own points of view in a way that may rise debate, but isn't meant as an attack. Also you have a realistic sense of responsibility for your actions and words. You see things not only in a selfish manner, but are able to stand outside of the box for a bit and look at the whole picture that you just happen to be a part of..

People who are this way, or are working to be this way, are more mature in my opinion.. They've grown up past the baby phase of give me, give me, give me.. and are seeing the bigger picture..

Reactions: NeverAmI
People who are this way, or are working to be this way, are more mature in my opinion.. They've grown up past the baby phase of give me, give me, give me.. and are seeing the bigger picture..

There's a theory in Crim Psychology that describes these stages, and delinquents are usually still in the early ones.

Preconventional: People in here act egocentric, pure hedonism in the second level.
Conventional: we do certain things because of the social expectations.
Postconventional: we do things because we want the best for everyone.

(There are 2 levels in each stage, and as we become an adult we get in a higher stage.)

Delinquents are usually found in the preconventional level and: men and women don't differ when it comes to moral development. (Which is the goold ol' genderparadox..)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kohlberg's_stages_of_moral_development
If anyone's interested (which I doubt), check out the wiki page.
I translated it all litterally so this wiki page might say it better than me.

This is my way of saying: I agree with you Dneecey.

Acceptance, responsibility, being able to admit you're wrong...
Quite a number of points, but I can't quite remember some ^^"
Basically, pretty much the opposite of childishness, but still being able to have fun and reach your inner child.

There's a theory in Crim Psychology that describes these stages, and delinquents are usually still in the early ones.

Preconventional: People in here act egocentric, pure hedonism in the second level.
Conventional: we do certain things because of the social expectations.
Postconventional: we do things because we want the best for everyone.

(There are 2 levels in each stage, and as we become an adult we get in a higher stage.)

Delinquents are usually found in the preconventional level and: men and women don't differ when it comes to moral development. (Which is the goold ol' genderparadox..)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kohlberg's_stages_of_moral_development
If anyone's interested (which I doubt), check out the wiki page.
I translated it all litterally so this wiki page might say it better than me.

This is my way of saying: I agree with you Dneecey.

Yes, this is very good stuff. Thank you very much!

I am not sure. Probably because I have been told my whole life to be a fucking man and stop being so sensitive.
Or how about stupid things like.. "Turn That frown upside down".
"Why don't you smile more often?"
"You can't feel that,It's wrong"

At some point I believed in duty over my own self
And then things got muddled

So I am saying when I can ignore those voices , be true to myself and still behave like something I can tolerate to look at in the mirror,
I will be mature
I wasn't allowed to have feelings either. :hug:

Too me:

Maturity- having decency, common sense, and a capacity to think and rationalize actions before acting; the complete mental development of a human being; being able to accept one's own faults and take responsibility for their actions

So, I am interested to hear what maturity means to you. I don't want you to go research maturity or anything, I just want your initial impression of what it is. Also, please feel free to post any experiences or examples you have witnessed!

Please, discuss!

To know, that you can neverr be...fully mature :D

i was thinking about this and i believe some people are "born" mature or responsible. They don't do it consciously. They just are mature. Others mature as they age, or because of growth and personal development gained through personal experiences and difficult circumstances. idk. i think on some level, maturity is relative. Very interesting topic.

Can you elaborate at all Agnus?

Oh, sorry, I noticed this message just today. :m163:
When I say that maturity is conscious mental constructiviness, I mean that maturity is coming from experience. In my opinion, conscious decisions are coming from analysed and systematised experienece. It is like, when I understand all details in me, I measure all possible inner and outward relations, and when I am becoming as much objective as I can, I can give the most constructive result of my thoughts to other person. And then, maturity is growing. It is becoming conscious mental constructiviness :m090:

Maturity is the full understanding of how your actions affect things (the future, yourself, other people) and the conscious choosing of that action, as opposed to being pulled along by out-of-control emotions.

Last edited:
People can act mature/responsible at many times in life, and that is good, but in spite of all our personal develpment and insight, some aspects of maturity simply comes with age. Physiological and chemical processes are a factor and these can play a significant role...more than we/I care to admit. Now if we can glean value from our experience, personal development, insight and perspective all the better, but age also helps us to slow things down a bit, reshuffle our priorities, and settle things that might have brought us angst in our youth.

Hmm a question with many potential answers, but right now I would say maturity = knowing your limits and being able to admit immaturity in certain areas.

i was thinking about this and i believe some people are "born" mature or responsible. They don't do it consciously. They just are mature. Others mature as they age, or because of growth and personal development gained through personal experiences and difficult circumstances. idk. i think on some level, maturity is relative. Very interesting topic.

I agree.

Would you say that some people exhibit ranging levels of maturity in different areas of their lives, or that true maturity is a level of wisdom, attitude, and perspective that permeates across all areas of one's life?

There are many factors that come into play, some rather elsusive. It is also subject to perception/personal bias, so it's kind of hard to define.

My best sentence to describe the term, would be, how you deal with life...