Maturity | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Maturity

Maturity is that moment you reach just before you go over the hill.

Thanks, THAT makes me feel better!
icon6.gif

So, I am interested to hear what maturity means to you. I don't want you to go research maturity or anything, I just want your initial impression of what it is. Also, please feel free to post any experiences or examples you have witnessed!

Please, discuss!
Maturity is that wonderful moment when I behave as a calm collected adult instead of as a bratty impetuous angry child. Well... it's a LOT of those moments... all strung together. It's when I make a habit of suppressing the temptation to do the wrong/hurtful/selfish thing to do the right/loving/unselfish thing.
Maturity is a thing that was a l.o.n.g. t.i.m.e. c.o.m.i.n.g. for me. ... and not before I had sufficiently embarrassed myself in public many times. :becky:

My mom always said, maturity is when you realize all thing things your mama told you were right...

I think you never really stop maturing...otherwise once you reach that perfect point in your life, what more have you to learn. I want to keep growing and learning until the day I die...and if that means I dont mature till that day...so be it.

Reactions: Questingpoet
An alternative definition is: you must act and behave the way everyone expects you to. And if you don't, then you're immature. ; )

An alternative definition is: you must act and behave the way everyone expects you to. And if you don't, then you're immature. ; )
then call me immature hunny!

then call me immature hunny!

yeah, i was kinda making fun of maturity as something that can be quite forced and too proper.

yeah, i was kinda making fun of maturity as something that can be quite forced and too proper.
I know! I was agreeing...I couldn't find the right monkey...sorry :m074:

cool! maybe this --> :m182:?

I have a macro that tracks Monkey usage. This Monkey is used 13% more of the time than any other Monkey! Are you gonna tell him no??

I understand maturity as a conscious mental constructiviness.

Maturity is being true to yourself and others, even if it hurts.

So if a baby is crying, and you don't like it, you inform the baby you don't like it crying?

Reactions: Gaze
Not liking the crying? Why would you feel guilty for not liking the crying?
I am not sure. Probably because I have been told my whole life to be a fucking man and stop being so sensitive.
Or how about stupid things like.. "Turn That frown upside down".
"Why don't you smile more often?"
"You can't feel that,It's wrong"

At some point I believed in duty over my own self
And then things got muddled

So I am saying when I can ignore those voices , be true to myself and still behave like something I can tolerate to look at in the mirror,
I will be mature

Maturity is being true to yourself and others, even if it hurts.

OH OH OH!!!

So like my neighbor saw that I was stuck in my driveway this morning and he came over and helped me push my car out which was dug in REALLY well. He didn't want to help overall I am sure, he probably would have rather went inside and watched TV in his warm house.

So if he was mature he would have told me he didn't want to help and went in and watched TV, or simply not said anything. But instead he came and helped push me out, which I am sure wasn't true to his natural wants or desires.

So my neighbor is immature right?

Last edited:
I am not sure. Probably because I have been told my whole life to be a fucking man and stop being so sensitive.
Or how about stupid things like.. "Turn That frown upside down".
"Why don't you smile more often?"
"You can't feel that,It's wrong"

At some point I believed in duty over my own self
And then things got muddled

So I am saying when I can ignore those voices , be true to myself and still behave like something I can tolerate to look at in the mirror,
I will be mature

So you are mature? Or are you dead inside???

I am confused!!!!

Reactions: acd
OH OH OH!!!

So like my neighbor saw that I was stuck in my driveway this morning and he came over and helped me push my car out which was dug in REALLY well. He didn't want to help overall I am sure, he probably would have rather went inside and watched TV in his warm house.

So if he was mature he would have told me he didn't want to help and went in and watched TV, or simply not said anything. But instead he came and helped push me out, which I am sure wasn't true to his natural wants or desires.

So my neighbor is immature right?
See I am talking about me, and you are talking about your, neighbors? I don't see the connection.

What I do see is that every interaction you have had with me could be construed as a challenge..

You have expressed that you feel I am someone else who has been here before.

You do not seem interested in open discussion about anything with me.
Instead, I feel as though you are simply trying to extract some sort of a reaction out me
Why?