Let's connect on the forum! ;D | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Let's connect on the forum! ;D

I would like to get to know anyone better
as long as they won't be destructive to my
self.

Reactions: Stu
gah? do...explain? *curious*

and what's with chaz's MSN address. O_O;

You mean the Lord Melkor thing? I used the gamertag of Melkor a long time ago when me and some friends were making up LOTR based names. I regret using the name now and have been simply "Chaz" for a while now, but I've kept the address as it has all my msn contacts on it and the e-mail is just used to catch spam.

He's talking about Tic-Tac-Toe. We call it Naughts & Crosses here in the civilised lands. :p

gah? do...explain? *curious*

Some people mentioned how they would like to know a handful of people better. This reinforces the ingroup/outgroup mentality, that if you're not in the list, you don't belong to the club. The rest just repeated what I would have assumed about them in the first place.

It's a great effort on Res' part, not trying to undermine that. But I'm not sure if this is the most efficient way to go about it.

Reactions: under skies
Some people mentioned how they would like to know a handful of people better. This reinforces the ingroup/outgroup mentality, that if you're not in the list, you don't belong to the club. The rest just repeated what I would have assumed about them in the first place.

It's a great effort on Res' part, not trying to undermine that. But I'm not sure if this is the most efficient way to go about it.

the fact that some people want to know others specifically doesn't necessarily mean they reinforce an in/out group. The fact is some people may be kinda lurkers and post minimally but those posts are exceptional and people want to know more about that person. Also there is a limit to peoples inclusiveness; certain personalities and people ideals split up a mass of people into groups as well. There are people on here I would never want to talk to for various reasons and you couldn't change that if you wanted to... I'm not alone in this thought and generally what people do to do this is ignore posts.

Reactions: Gaze
the fact that some people want to know others specifically doesn't necessarily mean they reinforce an in/out group.

I should have said: that's how it might be interpreted, though not necessarily.

Also there is a limit to peoples inclusiveness; certain personalities and people ideals split up a mass of people into groups as well. There are people on here I would never want to talk to for various reasons and you couldn't change that if you wanted to... I'm not alone in this thought and generally what people do to do this is ignore posts.
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the purpose of this thread. Isn't this thread about connecting forum members who are too shy to approach others to the community? If you are forming groups, and making exclusive lists of people you would like to have contact with (whom you already know, no less), then doesn't that make you a little less accessible to the people who don't know you?

I'm sure the selected few feel great for having admirers, but the real demographic (the lurkers, or members who don't quite fit in) is still kept at a distance.

(Now that I think about it, I'm mostly sort of irked at Korg's post, but he has left, so... it doesn't matter.)

Crushed by not being involved

............The fact is some people may be kinda lurkers and post minimally but those posts are exceptional and people want to know more about that person............

I pride myself in my lurker skills and try to make minimal and mundane posts.

Reactions: Nixie
i join.
i need an ennemy i dont have enough

i think you're ugly. and your soul reminds me of day old worcestershire sauce.

I'm up for a conversation with anyone.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the purpose of this thread. Isn't this thread about connecting forum members who are too shy to approach others to the community? If you are forming groups, and making exclusive lists of people you would like to have contact with (whom you already know, no less), then doesn't that make you a little less accessible to the people who don't know you?

I'm sure the selected few feel great for having admirers, but the real demographic (the lurkers, or members who don't quite fit in) is still kept at a distance.

(Now that I think about it, I'm mostly sort of irked at Korg's post, but he has left, so... it doesn't matter.)
Ah yeah, I understand your point.

Looking from the members that have posted here's perspective, I would think that some people are...well, just willing to approach a certain someone that they find very interesting. I guess from their perspective, that's alright. I can understand your point too, though. (albeit right now I would personally think it's not getting that far...yet.)

So....

about me..well, I'm up for everyone to talk with too. :)

I think the intent was to let others know that the "welcome" sign was out if you wanted to reach out. I know Korg's post was bit blunt but then, we are who we are. I wouldn't let one person detract from the people who have tried to let others know that they would welcome speaking with you. If you choose to stay on the fringes and not make connections, realize you are making those choices. I think the point was that you would be able to see that members were really open about contact.

I think I can play nice with the other children... :) I wouldn't be opposed to meeting others and if you want to contact me, feel free.

I think you're reading a little too
into it :)

Remember to play nice . . . mentioning who we don't want to talk to is not really the best way to do this.

A number of people have already expressed that they welcome PMs, or chats. so unless others make some effort to post and initiating contact, nothing can really happen.

Not sure what else to say. This thread is not about being exclusive or encouraging in groups or out groups.

Some will be more comfortable interacting with some, vs. others. We're different and have differing interests, so it's a process of trial and error.

I can only advise to try contacting and see if it works, or as i said in the beginning of the thread, if there are better ways to do this, then by all means, SUGGEST THEM! :D

Simply pointing out the faults or flaws isn't helping. :m052:

Reactions: under skies
My door is always open for visiting. Anyone interested is free to come knocking and I'll almost certainly invite you in for a chat.

In general I tend to operate on an open door policy all around and leave it to those who would prefer a bit more privacy to put up the do not disturb sign.

In my case, the sign says, "Welcome!"

My arms are wide open to as many beezies as can fit in them. I'm a playa. Don't be a playa hata dogg.

This is a good idea.

Anyone can PM me about
- Silversun pickups, Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins (and how awesome they are, of course)
- being a foreigner and loving to travel
- New York, Chicago, London... Sweden?
- Sylvia Plath
- being a member of Mensa. I'm not trying to be elitist or offensive, but I've been wanting to meet someone else with a high IQ and INFJness. Or INFP, or INTJ... or whatever. :)

And feel free to write me for no other reason than thinking I seem cool.

I am open to any PMs people wish to send. I am also on Skype as DivineDevilDoll. And facebook: http://www.facebook.com/CaitlinElise

I'll talk to just about anyone so don't be afraid. :D I promise not to bite too hard.

Reactions: Odyne
I see some have already done this, but for those who're not sure how to approach or start a conversation, it helps if everyone would post their interests or hobbies, so that someone knows how to start a conversation with you.

I'll talk to anyone who can find something more original than "i dont bite"

Starting a conversation isn't really hard, just say like "OH HAIII LOLZ <3 WATS UP LOL"

Anyone here can shoot me a pm whenever they want to talk. Ask for my yahoo addy if you want it.

Just sayin' again, I'm open to any PMs :) I'd love to have a conversation with anyone who's interested.

I see some have already done this, but for those who're not sure how to approach or start a conversation, it helps if everyone would post their interests or hobbies, so that someone knows how to start a conversation with you.

Good Idea.
I am currently reading a lot of Philosophy in my spare time. Kafka, Sartre, Nietzsche. That is open for discussion.
Music is another big topic for me. I warn you though, I am very picky and am a bit of music elitist.
Hmmm... What else? Oh anything nerd related. Table top games, LARPing, WoW, comic books, sci-fi, fantasy.... you get the idea.
Oh, and of course my forum staple: Sexuality. Lol I didn't actually realize I was known for that around here until it came up multiple times in the confessions thread.

As for people I'd like to talk to. I am open to anyone. But I'd love to talk to [MENTION=1579]Odyne[/MENTION] more. Oh and [MENTION=1779]NeverAmI[/MENTION].