Let's connect on the forum! ;D | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Let's connect on the forum! ;D

I'll talk to anyone who can find something more original than "i dont bite"

Starting a conversation isn't really hard, just say like "OH HAIII LOLZ <3 WATS UP LOL"

HAY GUYZ TALKS TO MEH

Haven't heard that one in this thread yet! It's original!

But to clarify, I'm a techie. I can fix just about any electronic gadget with a screwdriver and a few trusty tools.
I like anime
I've been a gamer since I was 5
I love just about any music genre (country and rap tend to be out but there are exceptions, like Cash and youtube kY06IgyN_RM [didn't want it to embed])
I like to read sci-fi and regular fantasy, though I do on occasion read other genres
I love hiking and nature.

I'd like to encourage folks to sign up for the forum mafia too.

Reactions: Nixie
bump

Last edited:
Considering my laments about lack of connections, I guess I have no excuse not to throw my hat in the ring.

FYI

I live in California
I'm trying to get into grad school
I like classical lit and my favorite author is currently Dostoevsky.
I'm into just about every genre of music except for modern country.
I'm bi-racial.
I am non-denominational and not a member of any religious organization.
I'm interested in history and culture

I am totally receptive to chatting or other sorts of messaging. I'm terrible at initiating, but I know that communication is a two-way street, so I'll try (no guarantees) to go out on a limb.

I'm off today so I'll be spending most of it at the local coffee shop, trying to get distracted from critiquing assigned readings from the American Holocaust. I guess I'll post up in the chat room, but I may be interrupted by phone calls.

^_^

hello...

feel free to pm me also

i just want to make genuine connections

to do something meaningful

have fun, share the life

<3

Okay, maybe this is just me but this is starting to sound like a support group meeting or something. *everyone claps and says* Welcome Sloe Djinn!

Okay, maybe this is just me but this is starting to sound like a support group meeting or something. *everyone claps and says* Welcome Sloe Djinn!

Hey. I'm staring at my shoes in flashchat.

This is actually a good idea. I love making online friends and talking to new people. However I have to warn you that I'm pretty shy too, and almost never make contact with someone first.

I'm interested in...

Music [I sing and play stringed instruments]
Travelling [I've been to europe 7 times!]
Astronomy
Chess
Languages [I speak Cornish Welsh and German]
history
politics
books
and lots of other stuff I can't think of right now. Anyone can feel free to add me to skype or msn, which is in my profile. for anyone brave enough to hand out their phone number I can call people for free because I have skype-out and I'm happy to give my number too, as long as you understand about timezones hehe.

I would really like to connect and know a lot of you on a deeper level. Lately I have been thinking of the strength I had in past relationships, and some of them, I am trying to nurse back to full health. I would like people who are interested in sharing memories, thoughts, opinions and themselves in a totally non-judgmental and accepting way to PM me. I would said use AIM or MSN but right now I don't have much access to them due to my laptop being in the shop. Just PM me with whatever is on your mind. I'd really like to know. Thanks everyone.

I may not reply right away, but I'll read whatever you want share with me. I do have many interests, but I'd like to hear more about yours. Fire away, and don't be shy.

@Whiskey

You may beat me at connect four (though I doubt it!) but can you go toe to toe with me on this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGeASXjd0UU"]YouTube - Connect 4 Million - Jacob VS Man In Black LOST[/ame]

[MENTION=3284]Whiskey[/MENTION]

You may beat me at connect four (though I doubt it!) but can you go toe to toe with me on this:

YouTube - Connect 4 Million - Jacob VS Man In Black LOST

[MENTION=251]Wyote[/MENTION]
OMG that's awesome.
Ok. I admit that I probably can't beat you at connect four. I just like to talk smack.
But I can turn into a black smoke monster and devour you if I don't win :p

I'm new so I don't know any of you. Purrfect.

My List Consists of:
Loving Video Games
Loving Reading (Happy Potter Year 5 right now, -drool-)
Occasional Writing, (insecurely.)
Trying to convince as many people as possible to take a Jung or MBTI and have epiphanies
Loving movies of all sorts
Planning to go to Italy
Freaking out about grades
Being on a forum for the first time in a couple years
Wanting to know more about YOU. :)

:mhula:

bump

. . . with a few reminders below:

Friendly disclaimer: Respect someone's wishes if they don't want to be contacted.

Sometimes, it may be better to begin with small talk, something light and trivial before talking about something deeper or serious -give the other person a chance to feel comfortable before diving in. Get to know the other persons interests and approach them with a light discussion about that interest, and then allow the conversation to flow from there. And allow the other person to take lead on the conversation - alternate asking questions or sharing. And i think many feel more comfortable interacting with someone if they've had a conversation with them in chat, whether tiny chat or flashchat or otherwise.

Please play nice . . . mentioning who we don't want to talk to is not really the best way to do this.

A number of people have already expressed that they welcome PMs, or chats. so unless others make some effort to post and initiatie contact, nothing can really happen.

. . .

Some will be more comfortable interacting with some, vs. others. We're different and have differing interests, so it's a process of trial and error.

For those who're not sure how to approach or start a conversation, it helps if you post your interests or hobbies, so that you'll have a few conversation starters.

Flood my PM box with questions, I love it! :D. I want to talk to everyone as long as it's not just trolling or nastiness :)

Flood my PM box with questions, I love it! :D

Well, give people conversation starters to PM you with? Interests, stuff like that :m155: [MENTION=3255]Sali[/MENTION]

Well, give people conversation starters to PM you with? Interests, stuff like that :m155: [MENTION=3255]Sali[/MENTION]

Hmmmm, I know a ton about music and love talking about it, I listen to virtually everything and know about it. Or just tell me your problems, I really like helping with that for some strange reason, lol.

I'd like to add to my list:

- [MENTION=751]Peppermint[/MENTION]
- [MENTION=3240]Jill Hives[/MENTION] (formerly known as Neptunes Guns)

Last edited:
I've had some pretty cool discussions here with some people via pm,
but since I'm still relatively new, I figured I'd put some ideas out there.

I live in the US (Wisconsin).
I'm 36 and have been married for almost 16 years.
I have three children.
I worked as a certified nursing assistant for nearly 8 years.
Thinking about going back to school.

I write poetry and fiction, so I love to correspond with other individuals who write
as well. I enjoy reading, especially fantasy novels, mythology and faerie tales. I'm
also into astrology, numerology, dream interpretation and tarot, so talking with other
people who are interested in those types of topics would be awesome. Music and
movies are generally good choices too. My current video game obsession is sims 3.

But I'm basically willing to discuss whatever; I like learning new things and seeing
ideas from perspectives other than my own.