Knowing when to chill | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Knowing when to chill

I think I'm ok with waiting until Monday just as long as she's not wondering if I've forgotten about her by that point.

Do it! But don't forget to tell us about it! =D

I'm really happy that it went great!!

for the rest, listen to acd, she is on it!

and about the hug, I would never hug a man after a first date if I wasn't into him. I would only give a kiss on the cheak because it is a custom where I live.

So I think she is into you :clap2: unless hugging with everyone is a custom where you live?

Just do whatever you would naturally do. There is no formula.

Just do whatever you would naturally do. There is no formula.
Ha! The only reason that works for you is because you could care less about calling.

As for the flower thing...
Flavus I agree. Good points on the flowers.

Though picked flowers just before a date are really whimsey.
So I suggest that, Wyst.

Last edited:
I swear to god you sound EXACTLY like I do with relationships, it's kinda scary.

I swear to god you sound EXACTLY like I do with relationships, it's kinda scary.

I use to be exactly the same way. Until at some point I started to not give a crap and I was just myself completely... at which point I found my gf.

I actually called her a few days after we first went for coffee and then ended up calling her pretty much every day after that for about a year haha.

There's flowers and then there are flowers.

Red roses is a bit presumptous - you just met. A large bunch would seem desperate.

In fact roses of any colour (besides red) would say, let's just be friends.

I small, perfumed bunch of flowers - about the size of 1/2 a celery is courteous and gentlemanly - just makes sure they are expensive but not show-y.

For the note:
For ________(name)
Flav.

(She'll probably spend hour trying to figure out what the note means anyhow).

Kinda agree . . . i don't think showing appreciation in this way is such a bad thing, but as long as it's not too much. But maybe sending a virtual card with roses or a virtual card with two people having coffee and enjoying it, with a caption which reads "I really enjoyed talking with you today" would probably be nice. But I guess it depends on the person. What's really nice to one maybe be seen as over the top by another. So, it varies.

Last edited:
Ha! The only reason that works for you is because you could care less about calling.

well if you do what comes naturally you will find your perfect fit. If you act how other people expect you to act then you arent being yourself, you are changing to be what they want you to be. That is a form of manipulation.

well if you do what comes naturally you will find your perfect fit. If you act how other people expect you to act then you arent being yourself, you are changing to be what they want you to be. That is a form of manipulation.

very true!

I couldn't wait until tonight to call her and ask her out. I went home for mother's day and called her while I was driving back up to Dallas. We smalltalked a little bit about the weekend and then I told her that I really had a great time hanging out with her on Friday and would like to go out for coffee again this week.

She said that she would "love to go out for coffee with me again" :m073:

We're going out for coffee this Friday night to a place where a friend of mine (he's about 15 years older than me and has known me since I was 10) plays jazz guitar on Friday nights. Sounds like it's going to be a good time.

Also, she mentioned that her schedule was pretty busy on week nights and that she'd only be free on Friday nights the rest of the month... hmmm..
Does that mean what I think it means?

I couldn't wait until tonight to call her and ask her out. I went home for mother's day and called her while I was driving back up to Dallas. We smalltalked a little bit about the weekend and then I told her that I really had a great time hanging out with her on Friday and would like to go out for coffee again this week.

She said that she would "love to go out for coffee with me again" :m073:

We're going out for coffee this Friday night to a place where a friend of mine (he's about 15 years older than me and has known me since I was 10) plays jazz guitar on Friday nights. Sounds like it's going to be a good time.

Also, she mentioned that her schedule was pretty busy on week nights and that she'd only be free on Friday nights the rest of the month... hmmm..

To me it means she has a life aka job or school. Whats it mean to you?

that sounds great. I think since she told you her schedule that she wants to meet you again. what do you think?

She wants you to know she's available on date night. Frankly, I find it fascinating, because usually girls like to be all elusive and pretend they might have plans with someone else.

Also, I would hold off on flowers for now.

To me it means she has a life aka job or school. Whats it mean to you?

Must be sad living in the world of S.

that sounds great. I think since she told you her schedule that she wants to meet you again. what do you think?

She wants you to know she's available on date night. Frankly, I find it fascinating, because usually girls like to be all elusive and pretend they might have plans with someone else.

Also, I would hold off on flowers for now.

Yep - I think it means she wants me to know she's only free on Fridays for the rest of the months (and so if we go out in May again it has to be on Friday nights).

Definitely too soon for flowers.

WOoooOOOOoOOooOOoooOOooOOOoOOOOOoooOOOOO!

So I told her that I'd give her a call later this week with the details for Friday night. I was thinking I'd make that call tonight.

It has really sucked trying NOT to think about texting/calling here during these days of no communication. I'm glad I'm not rushing into it but I seriously ready for us to communicate a little more than every other 3 days.

Must be sad living in the world of S.
hey, uber's thought was the first one that popped into my head too, Sensing is not all that bad either..

Reactions: the
It has really sucked trying NOT to think about texting/calling here during these days of no communication. I'm glad I'm not rushing into it but I seriously ready for us to communicate a little more than every other 3 days.

Hmmm. I think that you would be safe to do so after this date if all goes well. She seems interested and told you when she would be free. I'd suggest every other day or so (not exactly so it doesn't look like you're timing everything -- even if you are). If she is into it she'll text you back so you can test the waters from that.

Bah! So I called her last night to set up the details for Friday night and got her voicemail. Left a message.