James Cameron's AVATAR | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Dances with smurfs would be a more suiting name

I loved it. I want to be a Na'vi!

:(

Seriously- one of the best movies that I have seen.

I didn't like it, then again, I hated dances with wolves

Saw it yesterday. IMO it was visually stunning, but story and acting wise it was pretty meh. Still an entertaining watch though.

Sam Worthington did a good job carrying the film, it was mostly a few of the side characters who ended up being cheesey archtypes that dragged the quality down a notch or two.

Sam Worthington did a good job carrying the film, it was mostly a few of the side characters who ended up being cheesey archtypes that dragged the quality down a notch or two.
I actually liked the portrayals of all the characters in the film. (That surprised me.) For some reason the clich

I said, I saw this coming Tim. I knew you were going to make this thread, you're so enthusastic about the film. I will come rain on everyone's parade by stating i did not like the movie.

Honestly if its just ok. I'm not going to see it. Too much hype and to much money. Oh look just like Titanic.lol

Honestly if its just ok. I'm not going to see it. Too much hype and to much money. Oh look just like Titanic.lol

You may like it a lot. It is a cool universe to step into, I'm pretty critical of movies. The action toward the end is worth seeing on the big screen.

I want to be a Na'vi!

I'm taking the model for this illustration to a convention in two weeks...

picture.php

where she wants to dress up as a Na'Vi.

You may like it a lot. It is a cool universe to step into, I'm pretty critical of movies. The action toward the end is worth seeing on the big screen.

I've thought about but there are other movies I want to see.

I wasn't impressed with it. Very flashy, lots to CGI, story was unoriginal.

The 3D felt very artificial - plus it gave me a headache.

Avatar very nearly met Von's expectations, with $75 million in its second weekend. That's a tiny 2.6% drop, virtually unheard of in blockbuster cinema. It was also an excellent weekend for the box office overall, with Sherlock Holmes coming in second with $65.4 million, and Alvin and the Chipmunks coming in third with $50.2 million.
(Yes, I hope Avatar outlasts both of those other films by several weeks. :p)

One of the reasons 3D "enhanced" movies have been making a comeback is because a lot of theaters don't give you the option of forgoing the 3D glasses. They charge you more for the glasses, ask you to "recycle" them at the end (so they can put them in another bag and sell them again), and to add insult to injury, they won't let you use 3D glasses from a prior movie. That's right; you have to pay for 3D glasses every. fucking. time.

I wanted to see the movie without the 3D gimmick (and, in my humble opinion, that's all it is), but I didn't have the option, so...

My thoughts were that it was quite pretty and the CGI is probably going to be unrivaled for some time to come. The plot and acting weren't fantastic, though, and I found myself checking my watch about halfway through the movie. "Fern Gully with blue aliens and 3D effects" is the description I've been giving to most people, although I'm definitely biased towards Fern Gully (it's just so pretty!).

My $.02

I'm annoyed that he calls himself an environmentalist and this movie is supposed to be rife with all sorts of political connotations about the exploitation of natural resources and the psychopathic things people do to attain those resources... Then there's all kindsa McDonalds ads for this movie everywhere.... being trumpted around by those same industrial evils..

Huh?

I guess saying one thing and doing another thing is no big deal when one wants to be entertained.. But I'm a crotchety nit-picky cynic who takes life wayyy too seriously.

I don't plan on seeing it no matter how awesome people keep telling me it is.

Last edited:
just saw the movie ... waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahw !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love it, I love it sooooo much! wieeh

I wish I could live on that planet and have such a connection with the world, with live itself. This is what I always wanted!

where can I book my flight?

Its a feelers movie. You have to tap into the energy of it and not try to rationalise it!

just saw the movie ... waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahw !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love it, I love it sooooo much! wieeh

I wish I could live on that planet and have such a connection with the world, with live itself. This is what I always wanted!

where can I book my flight?

Its a feelers movie. You have to tap into the energy of it and not try to rationalise it!

Indeed, because if you try to rationalize it you wonder how come arrows were able to penetrate v-tol windows, were they made of sugar? why are we never given a good elaboration on the entire premise of the movie (Unobtainium, the rare mineral)
Why does it sell for 20 million a kilo? Because it's pretty?

How come the base itself doesn't have any defence systems, why don't they have missiles and rockets (instead they have these huge ineffective piles of dogshit which they push off their aerocrafts)

And why on earth does the human race have such sucky weaponry 150 years from now?

That's what happens when the idiotic plot, outlines that tribes of blue smurfs with crossbows and animals at their side can defeat futuristic warfare.

A much better ending would have been that the smurfs were whiped out of existence and human cruelty prevailed once again

Last edited: