James Cameron's AVATAR | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Oh yeah, and maybe my favorite part was near the end when Na'Vi rescues Jakes real body. She loves him even in that (alien) form. This is the true connection! She accepts him as he is. It's all about the connection they have. That's the crux of the movie for me.

yeah oh yeah :clap2: You have nailed it on the dot!!!!
It is alllllllll about connection! It made me realize that that is what I'm longing for my entire life!

I See you! :becky::kiss:

Reactions: Questingpoet
Hey, you removed the tits. Bad tamagochi

Somebody find the number of tickets sold. If it's anywhere near Titanic, I will eat my hat.

Actually it makes sense that the world wide market was stronger than the market in the US. The international market tends to have different tastes, and they like stuff like this more than Americans do, I think. Plus, they loooove Cameron. Titanic was also a hit overseas, too.

This movie may break Titanic's record (prays for this. I haaate Titanic).

Somebody find the number of tickets sold. If it's anywhere near Titanic, I will eat my hat.
Are you talking about the first three weeks, or the entire run? Titanic made $1.8 million altogether; nobody is saying that Avatar is close to that already.

Are you talking about the first three weeks, or the entire run? Titanic made $1.8 million altogether; nobody is saying that Avatar is close to that already.

I mean when it's all said and done. I'm sure Avatar will at least come close to sales of Titanic (1.5ish?)... maybe(doubtful) surpass it, but ticket sales are what to look at for how well it has truly done.

However, I would be interested in comparing these first three weeks, hadn't thought about that.

I mean when it's all said and done. I'm sure Avatar will at least come close to sales of Titanic (1.5ish?)... maybe(doubtful) surpass it, but ticket sales are what to look at for how well it has truly done.

However, I would be interested in comparing these first three weeks, hadn't thought about that.

that is true, the ticket was way more expensive than Titanic, 11 euro's (that is 16 dollars)! Damn expensive

20474_253465316693_577156693_4314435_5534687_n.jpg

Awwww!

Reactions: Wyote
Just saw it. Wasn't great, but really I felt immersed in the environment. I felt that sort of smack of reality when he woke up.

I think Avatar has nearly made $1 billion worldwide and it's on track to being the second highest grossing movie in history (after, what else? Titanic). So...not too shabby I s'spect.

What made Avatar's sales interesting, though, was that it took Titanic several weeks to make what Avatar's made in several *days*.

This is my last post on this forum under this name. I dedicate it to this movie. It deserves every single penny it's made imho.

Huggies,
Krooler :m1:

I really enjoyed the movie. Very immersive, even if predictable. One I think I'll buy, which I rarely do. ^_^

*Milon hopes it beats Titanic*

Avatar is not an original film, it is the same film

It came out 2 years before what's his bucket had his idea for it.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/koToK3cnUcs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/koToK3cnUcs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Jake Sully,
Fern Gully

Coincidence? I think not.

Well Slant, you didn't think they would risk 500million on an unproven concept?

media_http9gagcomphot_DaBoz.jpg.scaled500.jpg

No wonder Avatar seemed familiar.