INFJs and western astrology | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

INFJs and western astrology

INFJs only please - what is your zodiac sign?

• Aries

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Taurus

Votes: 13 10.5%
  • Gemini

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • Cancer

Votes: 15 12.1%
  • Leo

Votes: 14 11.3%
  • Virgo

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • Libra

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • Scorpio

Votes: 11 8.9%
  • Sagittarius

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Capricorn

Votes: 12 9.7%
  • Aquarius

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Pisces

Votes: 12 9.7%

• Total voters
It makes a pretty big difference too, Indigo - I'm a Libra, but I'm either a Libra with Leo, Virgo, or Moon...(?)

it can change the axil skew of your midhaven

...that's what she said!

No, but seriously. You obviously know a fair amount about this stuff and I know nothing... but I'm quite interested.

What can you say about my chart?

birthchartzs1.gif

Thankies, Lurker! However...I looked at that link and still had no idea what any of it meant, or even what it was asking for. That's OK, though...I'll just uh...sit here and read what everyone else is saying.

*slips away to lurk*
:ranger:

Don't worry after getting a chart I don't understand it so I don't really know what you're missing out on.

Seems we need a chart interpreter stat! Any volunteers?

How did you guys post your charts?

I've selected the image icon, but when I paste the URL, I get an impotent little box.
showgif.cgi

I'm Capricorn, with rising something or another--I had it somewhere, but I forget it :B

You guys do realise that astrology is all just made up? just like cryptozoology, scientology, typology and theology right?:thumb:

How did you guys post your charts?

I've selected the image icon, but when I paste the URL, I get an impotent little box.
showgif.cgi

Saved and used photobucket :wink:

You guys do realise that astrology is all just made up? just like cryptozoology, scientology, typology and theology right?:thumb:

Does it matter though? Can’t say I believe in astrology at all myself but know nothing about it so won’t knock it too much. Recon the biggest issue with credibility is all the crappy generic horoscopes in two-bit magazines and newspapers. I firmly believe everything living on our planet is inter-related so it’s not so far reaching that planets could have an impact on us :noidea:

*pokes Quin's Pee* an open mind never hurts I don't think?

I find the basic premise that very distant objects affect our personalities to be too far fetched to accept without solid evidence. It's fun but I don't give it much thought. At least MBTI is based on something, here and now.

I'm more than willing to shift it from the "load of bollocks" box if shown decent evidence for it.

I don't know if I have photobucket or a photo editing program.
Does a computer system always come with photobucket?

Create an account here www.photobucket.com :wink:

I find the basic premise that very distant objects affect our personalities to be too far fetched to accept without solid evidence. It's fun but I don't give it much thought. At least MBTI is based on something, here and now.

I'm more than willing to shift it from the "load of bollocks" box if shown decent evidence for it.

Not disagreeing and honestly I don't care... buuuuut, astrology has been around a lot longer than MBTI. Actually I kinda see it like religion in a few respects such as relying on faith not science. Dunno.

I like astrology - at the risk of sounding self-absorbed, I enjoy finding myself revealed through things like astrology, numerology, personality psyc, etc. And I like learning about myself, it helps me to grow.

I can understand why there is so much doubt around the validity of astrology. I'm only saying this to share my thought, not try to convince you or anyone Quinlan :), but lately I've been thinking that it's one of the oldest yet unvalidated/ignored/misunderstood/complicated sciences we have tapped into. Unfortunately, we've tapped into it very little.

I agree with what Indigo wrote much earlier into the thread about his view on astrology. I also agree with what Lurker said about 2-cent horoscopes or something like that - the fake monthly 50 word blurb found in magazines and newspapers. That stuff is often bull. Yet it seems to be what most people think astrology is (and if that's all I knew of it, yeah I'd think it's crap too). But there is so much more to it...

Age doesn't make a bad idea any better, the ancients thought the world was flat too.

I'm curious to know what force it is that these objects are supposed to affect us with? Is it gravity?

Age doesn't make a bad idea any better, the ancients thought the world was flat too.

*Fist shake* Dontchoo start with that world is round hobo garbage again! *points to map* IT'S FLAT!

I'm curious to know what force it is that these objects are supposed to affect us with? Is it gravity?

Energy.

...that's what she said!

No, but seriously. You obviously know a fair amount about this stuff and I know nothing... but I'm quite interested.

What can you say about my chart?

birthchartzs1.gif

At first Glance, DEPTH. My goodness, you have your sun, and mercury conjunct pluto in scorpio. Your thoughs and ideas go down to your very core, and very few people will understand them, they may even be very dark. You have an inner hidden desire for power and control over others, to rule over all, but you greatly supress this, due you a great sense of sensitivity and even a psycic sense to others emotions and feelings. They come before power. Infact your emotions are so powerful and strong, they might frighten you at times, a deep fight. It could cause you to literally dissapear for great lengths of time to "rethink/feel". Your parents were not very supportive of you or were a severe hinderence. There is likely a lack of understanding. You see the world in a new light, and strive for peace and harmony, where as they are in the past and dont understand how you see the world. Relationships (romantic) might be of great diffucalty for you because of "over thinking" and unsure on how to respond in them. Your debth and energy could easily scare others away.

That is what I gathered from a 5 mintue glance, so I likely missed alot. :)

You must remember, you are in a sea of Ni dominates here :)

Don't worry after getting a chart I don't understand it so I don't really know what you're missing out on.

Seems we need a chart interpreter stat! Any volunteers?

I will volunteer on and off now and then when I have time :). I am an amature at it still compared to others I know, but I know the basics.