INFJs and western astrology | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

INFJs and western astrology

INFJs only please - what is your zodiac sign?

• Aries

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Taurus

Votes: 13 10.5%
  • Gemini

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • Cancer

Votes: 15 12.1%
  • Leo

Votes: 14 11.3%
  • Virgo

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • Libra

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • Scorpio

Votes: 11 8.9%
  • Sagittarius

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Capricorn

Votes: 12 9.7%
  • Aquarius

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Pisces

Votes: 12 9.7%

• Total voters
Astrology and MBTI are similar in that, some people will agree with it, and see truth to it, where as others won't. Just because it doesn't appear to work for you, does not mean that it is useless and baseless. If it were, people would not follow it.

Reactions: Raccoon Love

What is funny about that? He has a clear point, not all systems work for everybody, just like not all science works for everybody, not all religion works for everybody, in the end everything can be questioned and whether you believe it or not its your problem.

Reactions: IndigoSensor
Why are you trying to make me feel there's no point debating reasonably and logically here? Ok, I'll stop.

Why are you trying to make me feel there's no point debating reasonably and logically here? Ok, I'll stop.

Lol is not a logical comment to use in a debate

Lol is not a logical comment to use in a debate

True, but I noticed a certain defensiveness and lack of substance, all revolving around the idea that we cannot know which systems are true and which are false.
But it's my mistake, shouldn't have meddled with the subject in the 1st place, and I wouldn't have if I knew that's the kind of responses I would get.

Well, lesson learned.

There is no empirical evidence or even theoretical or dialectical reasoning showing that astrological signs affect human behaviors or relationships in any way.

Quite the opposite, there's empirical evidence showing there is absolutely no correlation between astrological sign and personality, here's an example:

I can't believe I'm even going into this.

There IS theoretical reasoning that astrology affects personality.
That everything in the Universe has a gravitational pull, and where you are and when you are born the Universe was in a certain configuration, and the different gravitational pulls have an effect on your make-up.

Now one might say that it would make more sense for that gravitational pull to affect ones physical characteristics, rather than personality which are a mixture of Nature and Nurture. But then we can just look at phrenology, which shows links between personality and physical characteristics (including morphology of the skull).

Obviously just a theory, but I think it's viable.
Not that I follow Astrology like a religion, but I think that it is true about people, I've seen that.

And I think it's possible that people can be attracted to all different signs, but that doesn't mean that they are compatible with all signs. How many times have you initially been attracted to someone and then turned out to not like their personality so much, or perhaps it just didn't work with your own? That's happened to me in relationship for sure.

I think that in order for people to see how astrology works you have to go far more in depth than just your sun sign- people assume that astrology says that there are only 12 different kids of people, but there are so many other factors affected by so many different heavenly bodies. Every person with a Cancer sun sign is NOT exactly the same- and astrology does not ever claim that. Just as every single INFJ or ENTP or ISTP or ESFJ are the same- that's only part of who we are.

True, but I noticed a certain defensiveness and lack of substance, all revolving around the idea that we cannot know which systems are true and which are false.
But it's my mistake, shouldn't have meddled with the subject in the 1st place, and I wouldn't have if I knew that's the kind of responses I would get.

Well, lesson learned.

I'm saddened that this was your experience. I hope you'll find otherwise as the time goes on. There are some excellent debaters here, and in my opinion, a variety of topics do get brought up for debate and discussion.

I don't know if you saw my earlier post with the link, but if you're interested in debating the topic or want to read more of what I suspect was a long debate, the link above may be a good place to start or continue.

Last edited:
Astrology is total bunk, I'm a Taurus and the only Taurus trait I fit is stubbornness. for the most part i match with Aquarius traits.

make an account and enter information for yourself, then make a chart here: http://www.astro.com/cgi/genchart.cgi :)

astro_2gw_01_taylor.21008.11551.gif

Aries Ascendant
Luna in Capricorn
Mercury in Aries
Venus in Gemini
Mars in Capricorn
Jupiter in Pisces
Saturn in Sagittarius
Uranus in Sagittarius
Neptune in Capricorn
Pluto in Scorpio
True Node in Aries
Chiron in Gemini

Make of it what you will.

Attachments

• New Bitmap Image.gif
    New Bitmap Image.gif
    156.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
pisces, yeah it's not all that valid to me.

I have most of the qualities of a scorpio and an INFJ

i was addicted to western astrology before I found out about MBTI types :) :)

I have been told that C G Jung was inspired to work on the idea of psychological types by astrology. Would anybody have a link to an article describing his take on it?

Astrology is total bunk, I'm a Taurus and the only Taurus trait I fit is stubbornness. for the most part i match with Aquarius traits.

Try looking at more than just your sun sign. There's a lot more to it.

Sun: Pisces
Moon: Aquarius
Mercury: Pisces
Venus: Aries
Mars: Aries
Jupiter: Sag
Saturn: Scorpio
Uranus: Sag
Neptune: Sag
Pluto: Libra
True Node: Cancer
Chiron: Taurus

Not that i understand any of it:p But now is the time to try!

Sun: Aries
Ascendant: Leo
Moon: Aquarius
Mercury: Pisces
Venus: Gemini

That's the ones I remember. :)

Sun - Taurus
Ascendant- Gemini
Venus - Gemini
Mercury - taurus
Mars - Gemini

Sun , Mars, Venus, saturn,Mercury.. all in the 12th House... I'm doomed.
I read a bit about 12th house positionings and it seemed very accurate.
Its the house with the shades drawn, the House of self undoing.
It brings a lot of isolation, and yet, its the means of transformation.
So, all in all, although a difficult placement, I sort of like where I am.

Wonders if anyone has has a lot of 12th house placements and wether this is relevant to being an INFJ.
G. x

I am going to chime in with this again (I don't remember if I said this in the past).

Astrology, and MBTI do not line up. While if you look at the details, aspects, and posistions of all the planets and what not in each inviduals charts, you can see how that individuals chart matches their suspected mbti type. Outside of this, astrology will elude to no pattern what so ever. Reviewing this thread, very few almost nonexsistent patterns emerge.

I have been told that C G Jung was inspired to work on the idea of psychological types by astrology. Would anybody have a link to an article describing his take on it?

Whoever told you that was extremely mistaken.