INFJs and western astrology | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

INFJs and western astrology

INFJs only please - what is your zodiac sign?

• Aries

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Taurus

Votes: 13 10.5%
  • Gemini

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • Cancer

Votes: 15 12.1%
  • Leo

Votes: 14 11.3%
  • Virgo

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • Libra

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • Scorpio

Votes: 11 8.9%
  • Sagittarius

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Capricorn

Votes: 12 9.7%
  • Aquarius

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Pisces

Votes: 12 9.7%

• Total voters
I think the Aries Sun and Sag. moon are quite accurate. Except I'm not nearly as brash and brazen as Arians are said to be. And not quite as outgoing and enthusastic as the Sag. moon influence. But nevertheless..

I don't think Leo rising sounds like me - at all. And I'm not sure about some of my house details - signs and planets in houses. But it might be too early to tell.

My mom said that the time on my birth certificate may be off by a bit. I guess from a medical perspective, it probably didn't matter whether the time recorded was accurate.

make an account and enter information for yourself, then make a chart here: http://www.astro.com/cgi/genchart.cgi :)

So... any less perplexing now? :) I have to confess I'm interested as to why you found my results perplexing. You are by no means the first to say this.

My oldest stepsister was the first. She's the one who introduced me to astrology. She was much older than me, but had always been very cold and dismissive of me. I had to stay with her once when I was 16 when my father and stepmother went away, and to pass the time (we were awkward with each other) she did my full chart... and from that moment her attitude toward me changed. She kind of fell in love with me somehow, and after that we became very close. She would call me all the time, take me out places, and make me "take charge" (decide where we were going, ask my advice, praised me, bought me little perfect gifts).

Another was at an astrology seminar when I was about 24. When you come in, you register and they print out your chart, then you get together with one of the participating astrologers, and they interpret it with you. When I sat down with mine, she looked at my chart and said "No. This can't possibly be you." (she was right, they'd given me the chart of the person who'd registered before me). When she went up to the desk and got my chart, she said "Wow. You have the most sophisticated filtration system of anyone I've ever met! No one ever sees all of you, do they?"

I'm wondering what it was that caused you to find my results surprising.

astrochart.gif

Last edited:
Scorpio is my main (sun?) sign.

I had a chart done once, a long time ago, and can't remember all the details but I think it said I had Leo rising.

There's also some discrepancy as to the exact time of my birth, and I know that makes a big difference.

Maybe I'll check out that link and get a couple charts done for each of the times, and see which one makes more sense...

:rolleyes:

Ascendent/Rising: Aries
Sun: Cancer
Moon: Virgo
Mercury: Cancer
Venus: Taurus
Mars: Virgo
Juipter: Libra
Saturn: Aquarius
Uranus: Capricorn
Neptune: Capricorn
Pluto: Scorpio
North Node: Sagittairus
South Node: Gemini

So... any less perplexing now? :) I have to confess I'm interested as to why you found my results perplexing. You are by no means the first to say this.

My oldest stepsister was the first. She's the one who introduced me to astrology. She was much older than me, but had always been very cold and dismissive of me. I had to stay with her once when I was 16 when my father and stepmother went away, and to pass the time (we were awkward with each other) she did my full chart... and from that moment her attitude toward me changed. She kind of fell in love with me somehow, and after that we became very close. She would call me all the time, take me out places, and make me "take charge" (decide where we were going, ask my advice, praised me, bought me little perfect gifts).

Another was at an astrology seminar when I was about 24. When you come in, you register and they print out your chart, then you get together with one of the participating astrologers, and they interpret it with you. When I sat down with mine, she looked at my chart and said "No. This can't possibly be you." (she was right, they'd given me the chart of the person who'd registered before me). When she went up to the desk and got my chart, she said "Wow. You have the most sophisticated filtration system of anyone I've ever met! No one ever sees all of you, do they?"

I'm wondering what it was that caused you to find my results surprising.

astrochart.gif

What was perplexing to me was your vast amount of leo signs. It doesn't seem to fit your personality. but NOW looking at it, it makes alot more sense to me. For starters you are born the same year as my mom, and both of us have noticed that everyone born in that year seems to have very very similar traits and life experiences.

When I first look at this my first though was "...oh you poor thing :(" all of those horrible pluto aspects, they just kill and moon square pluto is like one of the worst ones you can have. The upshot it is makes you a VERY strong person if you make it through the lessons it throws at you (and from what I have seen and heard, that seems to hold alot of truth to it :)) And the chart is just like "...square, square, square, oh look another square!" And those saturn oppisions... my god they look nasty, I mean ascendent opposing saturn is just bad. Constant battering of your identitity and encounters with people not excepting who you are, and trying to change you in a way you are not confortable with. But you also have those two trines to saturn. which will make you have the abillity to hold alot of emotional stabillity in the long run.

It is a tough chart, no doubt about that, but it also makes you such a strong person. Looking at it now with all the aspects, makes much much more sense about you, quite alot actually :)

Reactions: ZenCat
Back to the original line of thinking..

I detect a bit of a trend with the Cancer rising. I was interested to see this topic come up as its something I've always wondered.. "do MBTI scores show any association with zodiac signs or aspects?" Hmmm.

FWIW, my overall:

Sun: Scorpio
Ascendant: Cancer
Moon: Pisces
Mercury: Libra
Venus: Scorpio
Mars: Sagittarius
Jupiter: Scorpio
Saturn: Libra
Neptune: Sagittarius
Uranus: Sagittarius
Pluto: Libra
Node: Cancer

>Sam

Don't wanna sound like a tard, but what is this "chart" stuff you guys keep on talking about?

What was perplexing to me was your vast amount of leo signs. It doesn't seem to fit your personality. but NOW looking at it, it makes alot more sense to me. For starters you are born the same year as my mom, and both of us have noticed that everyone born in that year seems to have very very similar traits and life experiences.

When I first look at this my first though was "...oh you poor thing :(" all of those horrible pluto aspects, they just kill and moon square pluto is like one of the worst ones you can have. The upshot it is makes you a VERY strong person if you make it through the lessons it throws at you (and from what I have seen and heard, that seems to hold alot of truth to it :)) And the chart is just like "...square, square, square, oh look another square!" And those saturn oppisions... my god they look nasty, I mean ascendent opposing saturn is just bad. Constant battering of your identitity and encounters with people not excepting who you are, and trying to change you in a way you are not confortable with. But you also have those two trines to saturn. which will make you have the abillity to hold alot of emotional stabillity in the long run.

It is a tough chart, no doubt about that, but it also makes you such a strong person. Looking at it now with all the aspects, makes much much more sense about you, quite alot actually :)

Thank you, Indigo, for taking all that time to analyze my chart. Yup, it's a challenging chart, and my life has been as challenging as it would suggest.

My mother, who fondly listened and appreciated my interests in "non-traditional" things like astrology (but did not hold the same interests) ultimately predicted that despite the obstacles I've always faced, my "innate sanity and sense of honor" (her words) would ultimately get me through anything I had to face, and she's been right.

Constant battering of your identitity and encounters with people not excepting who you are, and trying to change you in a way you are not confortable with.
You could not have been more on target than with this analysis. It has been a recurring and sometimes almost incapacitating theme throughout my life and came to a head during my last employment. In particular, alpha males have seemed intent on forcing me into some kind of submission, though I had never put myself in direct competition or conflict with them, and in fact have never had any desire for power (though my behavior has often been misinterpreted as wanting to be the "boss", I never have wanted control over others, just my own destiny). There have been a few alpha females along the way too, but the men have been the focus. I have been told (in these words) "you WILL behave", "you WILL do as I say", "you WILL shut up and obey me" and lastly "you must choose between your family and your career, and without your career your family will be meaningless". I have the scars to show that unless what they said or did was just and reasonable, I did not comply :becky:

I'm both touched and flattered by your sympathy and your respect :hug:

Thankies, Lurker! However...I looked at that link and still had no idea what any of it meant, or even what it was asking for. That's OK, though...I'll just uh...sit here and read what everyone else is saying.

*slips away to lurk*
:ranger:

Basically asking for the date, time and location of your birth.

Thats how a natal chart is figured.

For the birth place - is that only important because of the time zone?

I think the focus is more on longitude and latitude than time zone, and the other planets' relationship to the earth at the exact time when and the exact longitude & latitude where you are born.

I think the focus is more on longitude and latitude than time zone, and the other planets' relationship to the earth at the exact time when and the exact longitude & latitude where you are born.

Hmm.. okay. I was born around noon. So when punching in noon for my place of birth, the system (online) subtracts 2 hours to get UT (universal time) including DST (daylight savings). That's in the time zone I was born in. I've played around with my horoscope, just to see what would change. So I pretended I was born in London, UK and only adjusted for DST - so ultimately my time of birth in UT was the same as it was in my original birth place. But a few details in my horoscope changed.

Is that because of the long/lat?

Hmm.. okay. I was born around noon. So when punching in noon for my place of birth, the system (online) subtracts 2 hours to get UT (universal time) including DST (daylight savings). That's in the time zone I was born in. I've played around with my horoscope, just to see what would change. So I pretended I was born in London, UK and only adjusted for DST - so ultimately my time of birth in UT was the same as it was in my original birth place. But a few details in my horoscope changed.

Is that because of the long/lat?

That I don't know, Soulful. Sorry. I can only do charts using a program or little wheel I have at home. I don't understand how the math works.

Maybe somebody else will know.

I need to find my birth certificate.

My chart changes dramatically between the three hours I think I was born. I was either born a little after 1am, a little after 2am, or a little after 3am. So I have no idea what it means. :p

I need to find my birth certificate.

My chart changes dramatically between the three hours I think I was born. I was either born a little after 1am, a little after 2am, or a little after 3am. So I have no idea what it means. :p

It is signifgant because your rising sign (ascendent) changes sign in just under an hour. It also determines the starting point of your houses, and depening on location and other factors relating to birth time, it can change the axil skew of your midhaven, which changes the degrees inside of a house. So your you really do need an accurate birth time seeing as it is such a huge factor.