The Princess Bride
The Mask of Zorro
The Count of Monte Cristo

A little list of INFJ movies that haven't been mentioned yet:
Before Sunset
Before Sunrise
The New World
Stand by Me
Cashback. Very good movie! For those who love movies that are a little artistic.

The all time INFJ movie: Bin-Jip (or 3-Iron). I can't believe this one hasn't been mentioned. If you haven't seen it yet: Watch it! A very emotional, very powerful movie. Two damaged people who find eachother in a movie that barely has dialogues in it. You can't get more INFJ than this. :)

Yes! The intuitive knowing that something didn't add up, the idealist insistence to take time to examine it, many elements are INFJ. Good call, great movie!

I couldn't put into words the reasons I thought of it at the time.

You nailed it.

:thumb:

Here's my fav's list, but im interested in feedback since my powers of "typing" are still under developed. I'm interested to see what you all think.

Man on Fire - Tony Scott's stuff is quality IMHO.
T2- Judgment Day - (I think I just admire the justice aspect)
Crouching tiger hidden dragon
Fracture - Anthony Hopkins. - not sure why this stands out, I just liked it.
The Chronicles of Riddick
Pitch Black
Better off Dead

of course the matrix, star wars, lord of the rings, ect...

Confessions of a male INFJ/P, I actually liked The Notebook. Emo yes, however there was much depth to it.

Does anyone else have a a rough time staying entertained in movies? I think that the Ni function makes it tough for me to not see whats coming. typically, I find myself bored throughout some films because I already know whats going down. anyone else?

I can't really name any, i'm more of an asian-horror film kind of person. I hate sappy movies..

Bit of gore never hurt anybody :D

Transformers

Does anyone else have a a rough time staying entertained in movies? I think that the Ni function makes it tough for me to not see whats coming. typically, I find myself bored throughout some films because I already know whats going down. anyone else?

Totally. I have the same thing with movies. I can't possibly stay focussed on a movie that's overly predictable, not even on a lazy day. :) The movie doesn't even have to have a spectacular story, I can enjoy a film because of it's beautiful scenery etc.., but it always has to.. match in a way. I have to be moved by it and feel involved, so it's important that it's unpredictable and can surprise me.

And The Notebook is great, without a doubt an INFJ movie :m183:

Guy Maddin's Films -

Cowards Bend the Knee
The Saddest Music in the World

The all time INFJ movie: Bin-Jip (or 3-Iron). I can't believe this one hasn't been mentioned. If you haven't seen it yet: Watch it! A very emotional, very powerful movie. Two damaged people who find eachother in a movie that barely has dialogues in it. You can't get more INFJ than this. :)

Kim Ki Duk is the quintessential INFJ filmmaker, I'm sure of it!! The Isle, Spring, summer, autumn, winter and spring, The bow... I absolutely love that guy's films.

The chocolate war. One of my faves even though the ending is different to the classic American novel that it was adapted from. Very similar to dead poets society, but also very different.

Fantastic Mr. Fox.

Jk. But really, go see it. This one is actually worth seeing in theatres.

And since I'm on the subject of typing animated characters, here's my stab at the cast of Avatar.

Aang: ENFJ
Katara: INFJ
Sokka: ESTP
Toph: ENTJ
Suki: ISTP
Zuko: INFP
Azula: ENTP
Uncle Iroh: ENFP
Momo: ISFP
Appa: ISFJ

Kitara seems pretty Fi, though...
It's hard to say. Maybe I don't want her to be infj, because she can be too motherly. Maybe she is more isfj, although that isn't Fi anyways.
Hmm.

And no wonder my ESTP friend is obsessed with Sokka. And all other typical ESTP cartoons (funny, raw, prankster-type)

And about the last mimzy...
I hated that movie. I can see how it has an infj vibe to it, though. It's about regaining spiritual conciousness etc...so as for as the theme, yes.

But the execution was awful and hokey. :p

Last edited: