INFJ Movies | Page 9 | INFJ Forum

INFJ Movies

I'm so not good at Typing but...

Everything is Illuminated

Yes, definitely! And it's such a great movie.

off the top of my head,

wanted
the last samurai
ps i love you ( yeah you read right and I hate to admit this but yeah)
red cliff 1&2

the next few are fantastic just for laughs:

the gods must be crazy :D
beta house
harrold and kumar:escape from guantanamo bay

I love that film! So funny.

If it hasn't been mentioned already.

Dead poet society. Great movie and a philosophy I truly believe in.

I love robin Williams as an actor and this is just one of the many flims he is truly great in.

Oh and anther one that comes to mind is meet joe black.

Agreed.

I am guessing it is our P side. I mean, what is alice in wonderland but pure nonsense, haha.

At the same time, though, it's very logical! Which is what I love. And it's a great piece of allegory; I mean, really, how ridiculous must the world of adulthood seem through a child's eyes?

I am mostly excited because it seems like the film is going to be based more off of Through the Looking-Glass than the first book. That one's my favorite of the two and has some of my favorite quotes in it, like the one about running as fast as you can just to stay in one place.

But there really wasn't a point to this post other than me adding on that I also love Tim Burton and Alice in Wonderland a whole lot. I even named my cat Dinah, if that gives you a clue.

Really? I think his artistic style has so much depth to it to me. Maybe it is a different kind of depth then what you are used to viewing. It's more of an esoteric kind of depth that really doesn't have "thought" tied to it. It is more of just visual depth that leaves you feeling like you have been introspective all day without actually having done so.

I also LOVE his wife as an actress, Helena Bonham Carter. She is so cool.

I agree with your first point. Like, there was a ton of really great stuff in Edward Scissorhands. Nearly everything visual in that film seems like it could be symbolic but very subtly.

Helen Bonham Carter is so versatile! I've loved her in every role I've seen her in, from Bellatrix Lestrange in Harry Potter to Ophelia in Hamlet. She's just such a great actress.

A few that come to mind:

Message in the Bottle
Coming Home
Amelie
Vanilla Sky
Baraka
Magnolia
Grand Canyon

All of these speak to my "F" side. :wink:

dunno if these qualify as strictly infj, but here's my picks! (some of these have been mentioned, though :)

• Lost in Translation
  • Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring
  • Oldboy (there's huge emotional content to it, really!)
  • Gladiator
  • Lord of the Rings trilogy (parts of it, especially elves :p )
  • Amelie
  • The Fountain
  • Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
  • The Matrix Trilogy
  • Kingdom of Heaven
  • Volver

I like a lot of movies, but there are only a few that have really deeply affected me. Of course that doesn't make them INFJ films, but I've seen several of them mentioned already, so who knows?

- Lost in Translation
- The Princess and the Warrior
- The Lives of Others
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
- The Painted Veil
- The English Patient

Inception
House of Spirits
Girl Fight
Raising Victor Vargas
Romeo and Juliet
The Fifth Element

Gladiator
Kingdom of heaven
The last samurai
Blackhawk down
We were soldiers
Windtalkers
Europa Europa
Tree colors trilogy
Before sunrise/sunset
History boys
Agora

As INFJ as Disney gets.

Tangled-2010-Mega-Poster-3-538x797.jpg

Reactions: Stella
I didn't like lost in translation.

I'm going to go with A beautiful mind. and Schindler's list

I like "One Flew Over the Cuccoo's Nest" :)

But that just might be me :D

Taxi Driver.

V for Vendetta?
oh oh! Bickford Shmecklers Cool Ideas!

Stir of Echoes
Philadelphia
Waking Ned Devine
(Though, this one might be more INFP or it might have an S, not sure.)

I didn't like lost in translation.

I'm going to go with A beautiful mind. and Schindler's list

I didn't like A Beautiful Mind that much. Whoever said Inception needs to think about their life.

An inconvenient truth
Sunshine
V for Vendetta
The Dark Knight
That other Chris Nolan film with Guy Pearce

I need to see eternal sunshine of the spotless mind though.

Ok, I'm weird one out here but...I don't like too many Hollywood type flicks. I'm happy with most things on Masterpiece Theater... PBS... BBC productions.

Ok, I'm weird one out here but...I don't like too many Hollywood type flicks. I'm happy with most things on Masterpiece Theater... PBS... BBC productions.

I've liked all the shows from the English channels that I've watched on bbc and E4 even though I'm from America. Misfits, Skins, The Inbetweeners and Top Gear.

Remember The Young Ones? From ... 80's? Funny!

I really like the "period pieces" like Austen remakes and other classics (not Hollywood renditions though... BBC).

Oh, I like Howards End and Room with a View.