INFJ Movies | Page 10 | INFJ Forum

INFJ Movies

Fine, I guess I'll be the bad guy and call The Room an INFJ movie. That's right :m100:

You're tearing me apart, Lisa!

Hi, I'm new.

I was thinking of a few that haven't been mentioned. Some are old movies, but they're still good and I feel they contain INFJ elements...

The Notebook
Dragonfly [Kevin Costner]
Dances with Wolves [also Costner]
Count of Monte Cristo
Dracula [the one that tells the legend and he's not yet a vampire]
The Hiding Place
Gray Owl
Braveheart
What Dreams May Come
and although I know Windtalker was mentioned already, I have to mention it again. That movie truly touches me.
Tecumseh
Twelve Monkeys [mainly because it requires a lot of thought and perception]
The Time Machine [with Guy Pierce]

I know there are so many more, but these are a few that came to my mind as I was reading over everyone's comments.

Saddest ever movie moment for me: When Tom Hanks lost Wilson. F'na, "He was sorry!"

The Diving Bell and the Butterfly

Reactions: Neuropedia
Yep, haha...pretty sad.

Oh, here's one that I discovered sort of by accident. It was REALLY and old one and stared Ingrad Bergman. Inn of the Sixth Happiness. It's based on the true story of Gladys Alyward and taken from a book called The Small Woman. Anyway, it's about this British woman who wants to be a missionary to China. She ends up going to China at a time when Japan was invading and slaughtering civilians. She ultimately takes in over 100 orphans and leads them through the mountains, across the Yellow River to Shanghai [I think that's right]. It's a very moving story and so portrays how an INFJ will believe in an ethical or moral cause against all odds. She even turns down what was sure to be a life long romantic relationship so that she may fulfill her purpose.

Sorry to ramble, but it's a long lost movie with a lot of meaning in it. And I suppose whether a movie has any "meaning" is what makes it worth watching for me.

Shawshank Redemption and Schindler's List would be my top 2 picks, not because the characters are INFJ but the stories overall are.

There are others though...

Pump up the Volume (Early 90's Christian Slater flick)
The Legend of Bagger Vance
Gandhi
Moon
Seven Years in Tibet
The Punisher (Just good old fun Introverted payback)
Unforgiven (Ditto)
Count of Monte Cristo (already mentioned as well)
Batteries Not Included
Wall-E
Up
The Bucket List
The Good Shepherd (maybe more INTJish)
The Book of Eli
Glory
And of course... The Princess Bride

Uh oh. I don't like the Princess Bride. Am I allowed to be here? Haha...I dislike it because I've never seen it all the way through, something allllways disrupts it, and I thought it was sincere the first few times because I would always start watching it half way through. NOW I know it's a parody....

But I still don't like it...

The last samurai
stay
remember me
eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
the green mile
signs
city of angels
pocahontas
serenity
equilbirium

I also really liked Slumdog Millionaire.
That was one of the best! Here was the lead male character, not yet a grown man, trying to protect a girl from danger!

Jane Eyre. She is quiet and shy yet strong at the center.
Braveheart
The Passion of the Christ
Gone with the Wind
Titanic
Shawshank Redemption
I am Sam
Chronicles of Narnia
Braveheart
Pay It Forward
Diary of Anne Frank
The Incredibles
Lion King
Mars Needs moms
Robin hood
Bicentennial Man
August Rush
Princess Bride
Corpse Bride
Dances with Wolves
Sleepless in Seattle
Pride and Prejudice
Steel Magnolias

Last edited:
A couple of movies my kids and I have been watching lately: "A Little Princess" and "Fried Green Tomatoes". Sarah in "A Little Princess" is extremely INFJ, and so is Ruth in "Fried Green Tomatoes". I think the story in "A Little Princess" is an especially INFJ story, which makes me wonder if Frances Hodgeson Burnett was INFJ too.

I saw Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy in the theaters last week...not sure if it would qualify as an INFJ movie, but I certainly enjoyed it!

Pay It Forward.