INFJ Movies | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

INFJ Movies

Two of my favorite movies.

I only watch them when I feel like crap and feel like wallowing.

When Harry Met Sally
Love Actually

She did strike me as INFJ.

"A Series of Unfortunate Events" has a strongly NF vibe to it, although I don't know it would be specifically INFJ. I loved the movie.

"Jane Eyre" I think is a good depiction of an INFJ. I think Mr. Rochester is probably an ENTJ. They had a deep connection where she could sense his calling out to her from a distance.

Ha. It's funny for Amelie and Jane Eyre to share a type. Those are two rather different cultural expressions, but I still think perhaps it is the case.

12 Angry Men.

I am an INTP (arguably), but don't let that stop you from experiencing any of these masterpieces of cinema:

Alien
There Will Be Blood
Fight Club
Lost Highway
The Shining
Unforgiven
Glengarry Glen Ross
Mulholland Drive

I really liked Chasing Amy with Ben Affleck and this other cute chick whose name I can't remember.

V for vandetta is also a big favorite of mine

I honestly don't know what type this would fit, but I am ESTATIC for the new Alice in Wonderland movie. Tim Burton is directing it, and he is my fav director. It is going to be so amazing.

I am drawn to very strange things, but it doesn't seem like a universal INFJ trait to me. Maybe this would fit ENTP? I honestly don't know.

Reactions: Grasshopper
12 Angry Men.

Yes! The intuitive knowing that something didn't add up, the idealist insistence to take time to examine it, many elements are INFJ. Good call, great movie!

Have just seen "Life before her eyes" (2007) - highly recommended! It's all about Ni baby ;) Wasn't able to guess the ending and that happens very rarely these days.

The Painted Veil

You see the growth and maturation of this woman and the relationship she has with her husband in cholera-ridden 1930s China. Meanwhile, a cultural (communist) revolution is going on and, of course, there is much social (modern and historical) insight to draw on from that. This movie is an Ni/Fe roller coaster (of all good sorts).

I love it (and not just because it is set in China and has Edward Norton looking very handsome :D)

I heart Indy! :)

I honestly don't know what type this would fit, but I am ESTATIC for the new Alice in Wonderland movie. Tim Burton is directing it, and he is my fav director. It is going to be so amazing.

I am drawn to very strange things, but it doesn't seem like a universal INFJ trait to me. Maybe this would fit ENTP? I honestly don't know.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to IndigoSensor again.

I can't wait for this movie, and I tend to be drawn to the strange as well. Tim Burton is amazing. If it's not a universal INFJ trait then it's just something we have in common. Although, I have a close INFP friend who has similar taste in movies as I do.. maybe it's our P side?

I am guessing it is our P side. I mean, what is alice in wonderland but pure nonsense, haha.

Somehow I'm not too excited about Tim Burton movies - they feel too artificial and lacking depth for me. Yeah I know that I'm not doing enough justice to one of the most creative directors and his movies are still a mile ahead from the general crowd. The only exception was Sleepy Hollow where I really liked the actors.

When Alice comes up I will watch it .

Really? I think his artistic style has so much depth to it to me. Maybe it is a different kind of depth then what you are used to viewing. It's more of an esoteric kind of depth that really doesn't have "thought" tied to it. It is more of just visual depth that leaves you feeling like you have been introspective all day without actually having done so.

I also LOVE his wife as an actress, Helena Bonham Carter. She is so cool.

Last edited:
It is more of just visual depth that leaves you feeling like you have been introspective all day without actually having done so.

That might be the thing because I prefer mental and emotional depth over visual. Ni almost feels bored when everything is shown in such great detail :) For example visually void of special effects "The Man from Earth" left a bigger impression on me than most Tim's movies.

But maybe I'm babbling nonsense and should pay more attention next time.

Yep, Miyazaki is GOD ^^

I wouldn't go that far, but the man is an amazing INFJ. I am sincerely unable to think of any artist that creates more accurate portrayals of the INFJ mind set, sensibilities, expectations, and experience.

You left out Laputa, Kiki's Delivery service and Porco Rosso.

I did. I don't find Laputa or Porco Rosso to be as poignant examples of the INFJ experience as the other films. They are great films, but not the start to finish INFJ masterpieces that the others are. Laputa leans toward INFP with the flights of fancy, and Porco Rosso... is more of an INFP/INTP film with the mystery to unfold and reason through. I almost didn't add Totoro because of the lean toward INFP. The film has no conflict, and yet is an absolute masterpiece. How is that possible?

I left out Kiki's Delievery service solely as an oversight. It is definietly an INFJ masterpiece film, start to finish.

Okay, I'm going to stop loving on Miyazaki now before I make a mess.

I wouldn't go that far, but the man is an amazing INFJ.

hmm it has never occurred to me but it could make sense. People like him seem to transcend their personality and find appealing points to a much wider audience. Actually I was introduced to Miyazaki by INTJ friend who seemed to have equal respect for his works.

As for characters that are displayed I've noticed a lot of ENFJs (Kiki, Haku, Howl) and INFPs (Chichiro, Mononoke, Sophie). Only Nausicaa looks like a genuine INFJ.

hmm it has never occurred to me but it could make sense. People like him seem to transcend their personality and find appealing points to a much wider audience. Actually I was introduced to Miyazaki by INTJ friend who seemed to have equal respect for his works.

As for characters that are displayed I've noticed a lot of ENFJs (Kiki, Haku, Howl) and INFPs (Chichiro, Mononoke, Sophie). Only Nausicaa looks like a genuine INFJ.

Kiki, Haku, and Howl are profoundly INFJs. So are Totoro, Yukul, and Ashitaka, and the Forest Spirit.

ENFJ examples in Miyazaki's films include Zeniba, Lin, Markl, Moro, Lady Eboshi, and Turnip Head.

Your INFP calls are spot on, though. :)

Last edited: