[PAX] - INFJ-isms! | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

[PAX] INFJ-isms!

I am directionally challenged, big time. If I'm at a restaurant and need to go to the washroom I have to really concentrate on where I'm going and how to get back. I'm always so proud of myself when I make it there and back without a problem! I'm useless in malls and parking lots too :(

Me: I know exactly where I'm going!
INTP room mate: Why are we suddenly in another state? Weren't we just driving up to the store?
Me: I...oh...um...eee...maybe I...might need to stop for directions.

(myself and both of my INfJ lovers have a complete lack of direction sense)

You have 2 INFJ lovers?..............lucky you! :)

Last edited:
Friend :Hey, do you want to hang out?

Me:*has been out every night this week and is completely exhausted and in serious need of alone time.* Sure! Why not? Where do you want to go?

Here we go I have so many of these.

Them: What are you thinking about?
Me: Everything..
Them looking confused: You can't be thinking about everything...
Me: Well at this very moment I am thinking about ____________ (long list of stuff)
Them: How can you possibly be thinking about that much and why do you care?
Me: No idea

Them: Who can walk this drunk girl home?
Me: I can.
Her: Tell's life story on the walk
Her: I have no idea why I just told you all that. Your just such a nice guy and such a gentlemen.
Me: *smiles and nods while opening door for her and trying to quickly usher her into her place so I can run away*

Them: Hey do you know how to do this?
me: sure(don't really know how)
me: *looks at it for a few minutes then does it*
Them: How did you do that?
me: I just did it. Not that hard.

Brother: How do you do this?
Me: Just try it for yourself. It's not that hard. You can't learn if you don't try.
Brother: Well if you don't tell me how to do it, then how can I do it?
Me: Just do it. If I could figure it out without anybody telling me, you can.
Brother: arrr just tell me how to do it.
Me: Fine! Move I will do it. (does it)
Brother: How did you do it?
Me: It's common sense, just do it.

Art Teacher: How did you know how to make that without the instructions?
Me: I looked at the example, it's not that hard. You just (give instructions)
Art Teacher: (Dumb founded) Ok... well I guess you can start on the next project then.

This is just some, there are so many more.

Friend: What's on your mind?

Me: Oh, lots of things!

Friend: Really? What?

Me: I woke up this morning and I saw the shifting of light on the bed. I stroked it like an old friend. I curled up in the cosmic radiation, bathed in the emanations of our close star, and felt the macro-cosm shudder and gasp. I licked at a strawberry and discovered fractal poetry. Breath was an orgasmic and singular experience and the shadows have shining teeth I can't wait to meet!

Friend:Uh...what?

Me:Erm...Never mind. I'll make breakfast.

Last edited:
Reactions: under skies
Friend: What's on your mind?

Me: Oh, lots of things!

Friend: Really? What?

Me: I woke up this morning and I saw the shifting of light on the bed. I stroked it like an old friend. I curled up in the cosmic radiation, bathed in the emanations of our close star, and felt the macro-cosm shudder and gasp. I licked at a strawberry and discovered fractal poetry. Breath was an orgasmic and singular experience and the shadows have shining teeth I can't wait to meet!

Friend:Uh...what?

Me:Erm...Never mind. I'll make breakfast.
^^this :angel:

"* I'm sorry I asked something for myself. What was I thinking? Back to you.... "

Wow, I get this all the time. Guilt for talking about myself. What is that about?!

Reactions: Puck
I find it highly interesting that a couple people started out using "example" talks as a way to convey their points and now we are all doing it!

Me: Did you notice we are all using example talks now?

Them: Yeah, so what's your point?

Me: No point, I just found it interesting.

Them: You're weird!

Meesh, this one happened today.

Head of NakamaCon, Eric Larson : Hey, we have no gaming room! I should have planned this out weeks ago. Could you set something up in a half hour?

Me:Sure thing! *Brief internal panic over commitment to insane project. Open mouth, insert foot.*

Eric:Thank you so much! Glad to have the help. Do you need any money?

Me:No, that's fine. I can cover it! *Mmmm, tasty foot.*

At this point there is a Loony Tunes esque dash to the nearest board-gaming shop, and a 20 dollar purchase of the Munchkin card game with a bunch of dice. This is followed by a crazy skidding stop back in the con hall and then 25 minutes worth of hurried sign-making and people gathering.

At last, a fully functional game of Munchkin that lasts for hours.

Eric:Oh awesome! Hey, do you want to run the gaming room for the whole weekend?

Me: Definitely!

*I am suddenly convinced my mouth has a mind of it's own and wishes to kill me.*

Last edited:
"Logic can bite me!"

(I have said that on many occasions before)

Me: He he, that's funny, did you know you do *this* when you're thinking *that*?
Them: Huh?
Me: Nevermind.

Them: I'm going to do *this*, it'll be really funny.
Me: I don't think that's such a good idea.
Them: What do you know?
(Five minutes later)
Them: Oh my god, that was so embarrassing, why didn't you stop me?
Me: Sorry, I should've tried harder.

Last edited:
Me: Hey, did anyone else notice this massive global catastrophe looming over our heads which will affect every aspect of our lives and which we can only avoid by careful, intelligent planning?

Friend: Oh, come on girl. You and your causes.

Me: When was the last time I was wrong?

Friend: Well...maybe this time. I'm going back to my video-game. Go away.

I laughed and laughed while reading all of these. They are so TRUE. I can't tell you what a pleasure it is for me to see this!
Could this be another one: "Why am I surrounded by idiots? Can't they see the truth of what's going to happen?"

Ooof, yeah, that's definitely another one. Strange thing.

I don't know if people are oblivious to the world or just willfully shut it out by expanding the number of essentially non-essential things they do to live their lives. I kind of wonder if that's the case.

Sending emails with a cheery tone and lots of emoticons while crying in front of the screen. ;-; bawwww

Reactions: Chessie
Me: Crap. Where did all my money go this month?

Friend: You spent it all!

Me: How did I spend it all? I didn't buy anything for myself!

Friend: You spent it all on friends doofus.

Me:Oh...eee...

Sending emails with a cheery tone and lots of emoticons while crying in front of the screen. ;-; bawwww

you really do this?
I would feel a big lier if I would send love that I wasn't feeling at the moment :D

So far, a lot of the "INFJ-isms" that have been posted are situations that I can relate with very well. I often find myself becoming highly annoyed with humanity and society in general; sometimes I'm torn between wanting to save the world and just walking away from it completley because it seems too hopeless. That's another thing, sometimes I tend to feel like an "old soul, as if I've been on this trip before. Mind you, I'm not talking about ESP or past lives (I don't believe in that stuff) but maybe it's because I see patterns over and over again therefore I can get a feeling of "Oh great, this is what's gonna happen next, better get my bug-out bag, geez". It sounds pessimistic but I don't think I'm that way, I just get really tired and frustrated. Afterwards, I tend to flip a "silly switch", turn into a clown, become incredibly goofy and just let it all out so to speak in my own humorous/sarcastic/crass sort of way. I guess it has to do with laughter being the best medicine and I don't like being a "drag". Going on tangents is another thing, too as you can see :m163:

Last edited: