[PAX] - INFJ-isms! | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

[PAX] INFJ-isms!

I've tried to explain this to you, you will regret doing this.

A little later. I told you so but you wouldn't listen

Other person: continues not to listen.

INTP version:
Person: I think I'll be an idiot.
Me: That seems illogical.
Person: Why?
Me: A,B,C,D, etc.
Person: I'm going to do it anyway.

Later...
Person: Anna you're always right.
Me: Yet you never listen.

Reactions: Siamese cat
INTP version:
Person: I think I'll be an idiot.
Me: That seems illogical.
Person: Why?
Me: A,B,C,D, etc.
Person: I'm going to do it anyway.

Later...
Person: Anna you're always right.
Me: Yet you never listen.
I had this EXACT conversation with my friend last night over text.

Her: I'm freaked out, what if something happened??
Me: everything is fine, things happen. there's no good reason to worry.
Her: Ok I'll try and sleep.
ten minuets later...
Her: I can't sleep! I can't stop thinking about it.
Me: There is no sense worrying about what you don't know.

this morning's exact text:
Her: You were right.
Me: I know.

I have another one from today:
Don't tell me HOW to do it, or WHY. Just tell me WHAT to do an I'll do it!

Last edited:
just to see what happens... XD

But it's for your own good! Why don't you understand?
You're a great person, but it would be better if...

and actually, for me personally echoing something from the first page:

"Wait, WHAT?"

add : "I understand why you'd think of that, but I DON'T UNDERSTAND. WHY?"

Last edited:
Okay here's one that I've noticed from this thread:

"I know everything and don't try to argue with me because you wouldn't understand."

Of course you guys might not put it quite like that ;)

Reactions: That Girl
Cool thread...

"Sure boss I'll work the whole weekend."
Hey, at least the office is empty. :\

Them: Gives me a random compliment or thanks
Me: changes topic immediately (it's like in the back of my head i dont think i deserve the compliment)

Them (someone i hardly know): Tells me their life story or something quite private
followed by "I don't know why i told you that"
Me: <smiles>
Them: thanks for the talk

Co-worker: Hey can you help me out with this?
Me: Sure (even though I already have more than my share of work)
followed 10 minutes later by...
Me: Just let me do it.... yeah, no problem

Co-worker (commenting on my work): Maybe you could change this or this
Me (kind of insulted): I did this because of this and that because of that (I'm 10 steps ahead of you, bub)
Co-worker: Oh... right...I see.
(don't take criticism too well since I'm pretty sure I do it correctly in the first place. oh and yes i'm usually 100% right :p )

I added a [PAX] tag to the thread since the OP would prefer the thread remain conversational and peaceful.

And may I echo kabe's sentiment that this is indeed a cool thread.

Me:How are you this morning?
Terribly Injured Person: *Tell horrifying story of violence and pain.*
Me: *listens*
Terribly Injured Person:I bet you've never heard anything like that before.
Me:It's pretty harsh.
*thinking internally 'Whooboy...why do people keeping telling me these things?*
Terribly Injured Person:You have a trustworthy face. I'm usually very uncomfortable with people.

Why doesn't this stuff happen to me? No magic Ni. No obvious Fe. All people who don't know me see in me is my Ti.

Sure I don't mind if you have the last cookie. You ate that already? Oh..here, have half of mine then.

Meh, maybe that's just me. Some bad romantic entanglements when I was younger and a tendency not to leave a relationship until LONG after it had stopped being healthy.

I've seen several other females on this forum post similar dilemmas. I, too, tend to not leave a relationship until WAY past the point at which I should've. I think part of it is the tendency to avoid confrontation and not wanting to hurt someone (even though they are possibly hurting you).

Meh, maybe that's just me. Some bad romantic entanglements when I was younger and a tendency not to leave a relationship until LONG after it had stopped being healthy.

I've seen several other females on this forum post similar dilemmas. I, too, tend to not leave a relationship until WAY past the point at which I should've. I think part of it is the tendency to avoid confrontation and not wanting to hurt someone (even though they are possibly hurting you).

Reactions: Chessie
INFJ-ism:

I can't sleep! My brain is full of the universe! Make it stop! EEEEE!

Reactions: the
This happens so frequently to INFJ's that I think it qualifies. Particularly because, all too often, our reasons for a person not doing something are very abstract and while they are still correct they're very hard to translate for other people to understand. Raw intuition is like that.

Only with sensors. I swear sometimes, i have nothing against sensors, but when they don't understand a perfectly valid point I am making it really grates on me. The worst is when they don't even say anything or just continue on anyways pretending they understand.

What is an INFJ-ism? Well, we're all guilty of a few of these. They're phrases or ways of thinking that keep cropping up again and again. They get us in endless trouble. I'll post a few of my favorites and then you can post yours. I want to see what you come up with that I've missed.

1.I don't want to be a burden.

2.I'm okay, I'm fine. Really.

3.No, I don't need help.

4.Hey, do you need help?

6.Sure, I can take on another project!

10.I just know, alright? How? I have no idea how. I just do. Isn't that enough?

I relate to all of these.

Here's one:
No really, you can tell me about all your problems. I just like to listen.

I love listening to problems so much. two reasons: first, i don't have to talk, and second i can maybe actually help them out. It's only annoying when I've heard your problem from you before. Then it's like get over it already.

Person: "Thanks so much for the great chat!"

Me thinking: "I didn't say one word!"

Happens all the time. I secretly love this.

Person: Oh thank you for taking care of me when I needed it.

Me:You're welcome! I'm happy to help.

Person :I love you! Can we enter into a protracted relationship?

Me: Wait...what?

Wait, does that mean its an INFJ thing that people always kind of want more out of you than your willing to give? that would explain so much. I'm also selfish :)

Sure I don't mind if you have the last cookie. You ate that already? Oh..here, have half of mine then.

Yeah, I do this too. So selfish. (/contradictory)

Sensing is also often right. Believe it or not most people are right most of the time. It's just harder for us to understand why each other is right.

Yes it is. I often get the feeling from here that when INFJs are saying that N is so often right, they are also saying that S is so often wrong.

Yes it is. I often get the feeling from here that when INFJs are saying that N is so often right, they are also saying that S is so often wrong.

It is the cognitive misery of the cognitively miserable.

Edit: N, that is. S qualifies too.

I am not. What I am saying is my N is much better a solving problems for ME than my S. Not so for all people I imagine!

Reactions: Blind Bandit
Me: I know exactly where I'm going!
INTP room mate: Why are we suddenly in another state? Weren't we just driving up to the store?
Me: I...oh...um...eee...maybe I...might need to stop for directions.

(myself and both of my INfJ lovers have a complete lack of direction sense)