[PAX] - INFJ-isms! | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

[PAX] INFJ-isms!

"Logic can bite me!"

(I have said that on many occasions before)

To add to this;

I have on several occassions said things like "Your logic can go to hell" or "I really don't care about whatever crazy logic you've come up with."

Sis/friend: Want to go for a walk?
Me: Um... I kind of want to *insert hobby here*...
Sis/friend: Oh, go on. You can do that later!
Me: uhh... okay.

I lose a lot of writing time to this.

"I am here to make you happy! I'm always here for that."

"It's cool. I don't get offended easily."

"I just want you to feel better, because if you don't feel well, you can't expect me to."

"I love everything, don't think otherwise!"

"No, I'm rarely ever upset. Don't worry about me so much, worry about yourself!"

Me: Hey, there's a birthday party this weekend!

INFJ lover: Oooh, lets make it a blast!

*friend who comes over.*:Wow...uh...I thought we were just going to drink and watch movies.

INFJ wakes up, feeling like complete crap, and goes to school.

Friend: How have you been?
INFJ: Great! How about you?
Friend: Eh...bit worried about an exam tomorrow.
INFJ: Don't be, I'm sure you'll do great!
Friend: Thanks. See you tomorrow!
INFJ: Bye!

INFJ goes home and spends three hours lying in bed and staring blankly at the ceiling. Then listens to some angsty music and writes some bad poetry.

This has happened to me so many times it's not even funny.

General by the formula:
INFJ is depressed
INFJ is outwardly cheerful
INFJ cheers up other people
INFJ is still depressed

(Note: But when they're talking to awesome friends, they get really happy because there is nothing better =D)

Last edited:
Me: Oh, I want to get a pizza tonight...mmm...I don't know if I can afford it.

Friend :Hey, can I borrow 400 dollars to get my car fixed?

Me: Definitely! Let me cut you a check.

Friend:Thanks!

"* I'm sorry I asked something for myself. What was I thinking? Back to you.... "

Wow, I get this all the time. Guilt for talking about myself. What is that about?!

Can relate to this a little.

Me: completely zoned out thinking about the good and innocent hearts of people. Feeling full of love and compassion.

Co-worker walks in unannounced.

"HEY!! WHY SO GLUM? YOU LOOK LIKE THE WEIGHT OF THE WORLD IS ON YOUR SHOULDERS! LIGHTEN UP! CHEER UP!! COME ON, GET A SMILE ON THAT FACE! CAN'T BE THAT BAD CAN IT?? HAHAHAHA"

Me: Looks at co-worker with wonderment and annoyance.
Thinking: "People suck."

heeheehee

I was at a job interview today... they guy was the one talking almost the whole time and at the end he said I seemed like a sociable person (or something to that effect). :)

Well... I'll try to contribute now:
1. I finish a long explanation, but then I'm afraid I didn't explain it right to get across what I wanted to, so I throw in "....I mean..." and keep right on talking until I run out of good examples or they say they get it.
2. Me to new friend: I need to go do something else.
Them: What? Why?
Me: You have some things you need to get through before we can hang out. I can't handle what you're going through right now because I have some of my own junk going on...
Them: How do you know, did someone tell you?? Well I am going through some stuff but if you don't want to hang out with me why don't you just say so?! Or are you too goody two shoes to hang out?!!!!
Me: No, I just know, and I do want to hang out with you, it's just that I can't handle what's going on with me let alone wanting to help you... (somehow these conversations never turn out right... if you ever thought of doing this, I don't suggest it. Just be busy for a while.)
3. *awkward silence* Um... Yeah. Right. So.... what's your favorite color? (Or maybe this is just me. lol)
4. Them: How are you?
Me: Fine. (Never awesome, bad, or anything else depicting good or bad. Reasoning: If they really wanted to know, they would have stopped walking past me and stopped to talk. Or they would talk to me more than once a week.)
5. Them: What. Do you think I'm stupid??!
Me: No, I just meant... blah blah blah (In my head: Yup.)

My gf comes home after a three day business trip today:

Her: Oh I need to check my email for work

Me: OK! I will listen to some music and let you do your thing

Her: I am so glad you are an introvert!

Me: What I meant was, now that you are home let's go party!!! C'mon time's a wastin'! Less clicky more drinky!

Reactions: WellNoWonder
Friend:You know, sometimes I worry about you.

(I've been sitting staring in total fascination at a spot on the wall for a full 25 minutes, going over a story in my brain.)

Me: About me? Why?

Friend:You always seem so preoccupied.

Me:As opposed to being unoccupied? If at any point a 'vacant' sign flashes beside my head, I want you to tell me.

Friend:What? No, you seem like you always have something on your mind.

Me:I do always have something on my mind?

Friend:What is it?

Me: Do...you want specifics of what was just now on my mind?

Friend:No, I mean, what's usually on your mind.

Me:Lots of things.

Friend:Oh...right...*frustration growing*

Me:I'm thinking about turtles. Would you like some ice-cream?

Friend:Oh, yes...ice-cream is awesome!

I have long since learned to use ice-cream to distract people from trying to understand the mechanisms operating my brain.

Last edited:
Me: completely zoned out thinking about the good and innocent hearts of people. Feeling full of love and compassion.

"HEY!! WHY SO GLUM? YOU LOOK LIKE THE WEIGHT OF THE WORLD IS ON YOUR SHOULDERS! LIGHTEN UP! CHEER UP!! COME ON, GET A SMILE ON THAT FACE! CAN'T BE THAT BAD CAN IT?? HAHAHAHA"

heeheehee
^^^ This.......sooo many times

heeheehee

This kinda thing annoys me. I remember people used to look at me as if something was wrong because i wasn't smiling or expressive. And if i didn't say or do anything to show them outwardly that i was happy or fine, they'd think i was feeling upset or depressed and then look at me all concerned or worried, when i just wanted to be alone or be quiet. Trying to get me out of the perpetual shell. I became so self conscious because of it. Doesn't help that i'm a teacher now either; people expect you to be outwardly expressive all the time.

On Saturday a friend calls: "Can you help me with something?"
Me: "I'll be there in 45 minutes"...I'm there 4 hours.

On Sunday morning, another friend calls: "Why don't you guys come over and we'll grill some ribs and make som marguiritas, about 11?"
Me: "Sounds great, we'll bring the tequila. We're home at 6

Sunday night another friend calls: Rich, I'm having a terrible time with my wife, can we talk about it?"
Me: "Sure, I'll help you in any way I can"...3 hours later, my shoulder and ear are very sore and I gotta get off the phone

Monday morning: "Man, I feel like I've been put through a wringer. I thought I was gonna have plenty of time to recharge. What the Hell happened?"

Friend: Hey, do you want to go for a walk in the woods?

Me:Sure, I'd love to.

After a half hour out in the woods, wandering and enjoying the beauty of life and the greenery.

Friend:Hey, I'm bored...can we go back?

Me:What? How can you possibly be bored out here! It's beautiful out and there are rabbits playing in the brush and I think I saw a deer!

Friend:Ech, okay, I'm starting back.

Me:*enjoying the near spiritual experience of walking in the woods.* Okay, see you in an hour.

What is an INFJ-ism? Well, we're all guilty of a few of these. They're phrases or ways of thinking that keep cropping up again and again. They get us in endless trouble. I'll post a few of my favorites and then you can post yours. I want to see what you come up with that I've missed.

1.I don't want to be a burden.

2.I'm okay, I'm fine. Really.

3.No, I don't need help.

4.Hey, do you need help?

5.How did I end up completely burned out? I only helped about seven thousand people this week.

6.Sure, I can take on another project!

7.No sweety, your dick is just fine. I just don't ever have orgasms.

8.Ugh! The whole world isn't %100 logical! *speaking to an ISTP friend

9.What do you mean I don't know you? So what if we just met? Why shouldn't I know these things?

10.I just know, alright? How? I have no idea how. I just do. Isn't that enough?

Trying not to be a burden has been the theme of my life.

I've tried to explain this to you, you will regret doing this.

A little later. I told you so but you wouldn't listen

Other person: continues not to listen.

I've given on giving my advice to those who don`t want it a long time ago.

* Me thinking in my head: "You really do NOT have to fill all the silence up with trival, mundane chatter. I really don't care about the neighbor's dog!"

* I'm sorry I asked something for myself. What was I thinking? Back to you....

why can`t people enjoy the silence? and no! it`s not awkward.

To add to this;

I have on several occassions said things like "Your logic can go to hell" or "I really don't care about whatever crazy logic you've come up with."

ahaha, me too

"I am here to make you happy! I'm always here for that."

"It's cool. I don't get offended easily."

"I just want you to feel better, because if you don't feel well, you can't expect me to."

"I love everything, don't think otherwise!"

"No, I'm rarely ever upset. Don't worry about me so much, worry about yourself!"

I can`t even count the times I`ve said that, when I actually feel otherwise.

I LOVE ICE CREAM

This ones a must! ^__^

I`m sorry I stole your posts, but it seems that everything`s been said so far. >.>

Last edited:
Reactions: Wyote
Friend: Hey, do you want to go for a walk in the woods?

Me:Sure, I'd love to.

After a half hour out in the woods, wandering and enjoying the beauty of life and the greenery.

Friend:Hey, I'm bored...can we go back?

Me:What? How can you possibly be bored out here! It's beautiful out and there are rabbits playing in the brush and I think I saw a deer!

Friend:Ech, okay, I'm starting back.

Me:*enjoying the near spiritual experience of walking in the woods.* Okay, see you in an hour.

This is me to a "T"! I recently traveled to Toronto ON to see an old friend. I'm in one of the most cosmopolitan cities in North America and what do I want to see while I'm there? The Zoo. Yep - the Zoo. And not to see the animals per se - although I did see some I had never seen before. But what I REALLY wanted to do was touch the trees, run my fingers through the shrubs, smell the flowers and to feel the cool breeze lift my hair around my face. Ahhhh.
Coming from sweltering hot TX this was a piece of heaven for the day.
Everyone thought I was nuts.... Hah!