[PAX] - INFJ-isms! | INFJ Forum

[PAX] INFJ-isms!

Chessie

Community Member
Apr 5, 2010
MBTI
INfJ
What is an INFJ-ism? Well, we're all guilty of a few of these. They're phrases or ways of thinking that keep cropping up again and again. They get us in endless trouble. I'll post a few of my favorites and then you can post yours. I want to see what you come up with that I've missed.

1.I don't want to be a burden.

2.I'm okay, I'm fine. Really.

3.No, I don't need help.

4.Hey, do you need help?

5.How did I end up completely burned out? I only helped about seven thousand people this week.

6.Sure, I can take on another project!

7.No sweety, your dick is just fine. I just don't ever have orgasms.

8.Ugh! The whole world isn't %100 logical! *speaking to an ISTP friend

9.What do you mean I don't know you? So what if we just met? Why shouldn't I know these things?

10.I just know, alright? How? I have no idea how. I just do. Isn't that enough?

Reactions: Puck
Meh, maybe that's just me. Some bad romantic entanglements when I was younger and a tendency not to leave a relationship until LONG after it had stopped being healthy.

Last edited:
:D

I'm so sorry (for your rudeness)

Since you don't appreciate that I've actually been listening to your inane drivel for half an hour, now I'm just nodding and smiling, and oh look, it has the same effect on you.

Of course I don't mind doing your job, that you're paid much more than me to do, while you sit on your ass playing solitaire.

Reactions: TinyBubbles
I've tried to explain this to you, you will regret doing this.

A little later. I told you so but you wouldn't listen

Other person: continues not to listen.

Reactions: Barnabas

That is so not INFJ exclusive.

This happens so frequently to INFJ's that I think it qualifies. Particularly because, all too often, our reasons for a person not doing something are very abstract and while they are still correct they're very hard to translate for other people to understand. Raw intuition is like that.

This happens so frequently to INFJ's that I think it qualifies. Particularly because, all too often, our reasons for a person not doing something are very abstract and while they are still correct they're very hard to translate for other people to understand. Raw intuition is like that.

Works both ways. Have you ever tried telling an intuitive person that something is a bad idea? The trouble with intuition is you automatically assume it's right.

That said I have to take a while to understand why an intuitive person is telling me something is a bad idea. They tend to work backwards through ideas to me. But I have just as much trouble vice versa. It's hard to get it in their heads that one little problem can bring the whole thing down.

Nah it's not INFJ exclusive. It's just one of those S vs N things that both sides have trouble dealing with.

Reactions: Questingpoet
^infjs' intuition is often right though, and i think their trust in it is based on a lifetime of experience (lol thats my hunch anyway). plus it's not always possible to verbalize how you know something, it just comes to you, it's innate, but i'm sure there's a technical reason for it that we just don't fully understand yet. there are many roads to rome, as they say..

^infjs' intuition is often right though, and i think their trust in it is based on a lifetime of experience (lol thats my hunch anyway). plus it's not always possible to verbalize how you know something, it just comes to you, it's innate, but i'm sure there's a technical reason for it that we just don't fully understand yet. there are many roads to rome, as they say..

Sensing is also often right. Believe it or not most people are right most of the time. It's just harder for us to understand why each other is right.

Sensing is also often right. Believe it or not most people are right most of the time. It's just harder for us to understand why each other is right.

heh so true. if we could communicate perfectly and without misunderstandings, i think we'd all be amazed at what we could learn from each other

Just to clarify. Introverted Intuition (Ni) is subconscious pattern recognition. Its not magic its just really hard to make sense to someone who dosen't have it. Its the most subconscious of the congetive functions and is the hardest to explain to another person.

Reactions: TinyBubbles
Just to clarify. Introverted Intuition (Ni) is subconscious pattern recognition. Its not magic its just really hard to make sense to someone who dosen't have it. Its the most subconscious of the congetive functions and is the hardest to explain to another person.

I'm inclined to agree. But INFJ's aren't the only ones with Ni. Even if it's a tertiary trait of mine I can still use and understand it.

Anyway, telling someone something is a bad idea and them not listening isn't an INFJ thing, it's a humanity thing. Some people just can't be dissuaded from bad ideas.

ahhh I see

You: You just have to trust me on this one.

Them: But why? You can't possible know.

You: Just trust me.

Them: Whatever!

* I just treat people the way I would want to be treated. Why is being the "nice guy" so bad to a lot of people?

* I can't solve your problem for you. Only you can do that. I can listen and give affirmation though of what I think is right.

* Me thinking in my head: "You really do NOT have to fill all the silence up with trival, mundane chatter. I really don't care about the neighbor's dog!"

* I'm sorry I asked something for myself. What was I thinking? Back to you....

Reactions: Blind Bandit
Person: "Thanks so much for the great chat!"

Me thinking: "I didn't say one word!"

The ones listed so far are quite true.

Person: Oh thank you for taking care of me when I needed it.

Me:You're welcome! I'm happy to help.

Person :I love you! Can we enter into a protracted relationship?

Me: Wait...what?

Reactions: under skies